just because

Chicago Heights, IL

#8832 Feb 10, 2012
I think bittersweet and casjuke should have a throw-down at the gazebo
snakefyi

Park Forest, IL

#8833 Feb 10, 2012
leary wrote:
<quoted text> So sounds like someone is trying to give us the run around and maybe the silica sand is really conducive to snakes(like maybe our yards will be more popular for the snakes and leave his yard alone??!!) A little more research is definitely in order.
There are different types of silica sand. The kind to use is also used for sand blasting. Do some research you will find this in several books on using nature friendly items to rid you yard of pests. Soft silica is totally different than the silica used for sand blasting. Such as with Play sand vs sand used in making concrete.
leary

Homewood, IL

#8834 Feb 10, 2012
snakefyi wrote:
<quoted text>
There are different types of silica sand. The kind to use is also used for sand blasting. Do some research you will find this in several books on using nature friendly items to rid you yard of pests. Soft silica is totally different than the silica used for sand blasting. Such as with Play sand vs sand used in making concrete.
very interesting, thanks for the clarification and for your help. Hopefully they sell it at Menards. Again thanks.
papaadoc

Chicago Heights, IL

#8835 Feb 10, 2012
One of Stegers long time favorite teachers passed away yesterday. Mary Pierce was 89. RIP

Great lady and a great teacher. She was still active as the village clerk in Richton Park.
steger resident

Chicago, IL

#8836 Feb 11, 2012
papaadoc wrote:
One of Stegers long time favorite teachers passed away yesterday. Mary Pierce was 89. RIP
Great lady and a great teacher. She was still active as the village clerk in Richton Park.
I lived in that area for over 40 years. She looked so familiar. Do you know if she belonged to a parish in the area? She looks like someone from choir or library too. She's probably one of those people that was proactive in the communities besides being an area teacher..RIP sweet lady.
Bitter-Sweet

Chicago, IL

#8837 Feb 11, 2012
I think bittersweet and casjuke should have a throw-down at the gazebo

I am friends with casjuke and I do not understand what your comment means. Did I post something that was inappropriate? If so, I apologize. Please explain so I can prevent this in the future.
Bitter-Sweet

Chicago, IL

#8840 Feb 11, 2012
...maybe if there were more street lights in steger this wouldnt be happening...

I agree that Steger needs to have more street lights. The block I live on doesn't have one street light. Some neighbors don't have their porch lights on and it's quite dark in certain areas of the street. There are also no street lights in an alley I know about.

I believe the Village should investigate the whole town street light system and upgrade for more lights. It could help eliminate crime going on at night.
and

Quincy, IL

#8841 Feb 11, 2012
Bitter-Sweet wrote:
...maybe if there were more street lights in steger this wouldnt be happening...
I agree that Steger needs to have more street lights. The block I live on doesn't have one street light. Some neighbors don't have their porch lights on and it's quite dark in certain areas of the street. There are also no street lights in an alley I know about.
I believe the Village should investigate the whole town street light system and upgrade for more lights. It could help eliminate crime going on at night.
and more police on duty at a given time would also help. this town is large. more patrol is needed
INFORMATION

Homewood, IL

#8842 Feb 11, 2012
Contact 2-3 neighbors who will help pay for a Com-ed light to cover the back yards and then purchase 2-3 light timers inside your home that go on and off when you are not at home. This lets noone know when your home or away.ALSO YOU COULD KEEP A RADIO OR SMALL TV ON FOR SOME NOISE SO NOONE knows when you are away.Prevention is the name of the game-use it wisely
CHEAP

Homewood, IL

#8843 Feb 12, 2012
and wrote:
<quoted text>
and more police on duty at a given time would also help. this town is large. more patrol is needed
You two would be the first to complain about having to pay for it.
pay for it

Quincy, IL

#8844 Feb 12, 2012
CHEAP wrote:
<quoted text>
You two would be the first to complain about having to pay for it.
last year I paid over $7000 in property taxes to live in Steger. I think I am already paying for it - when do I get it?
Tony 487

Chicago Heights, IL

#8846 Feb 12, 2012
To the person complaining about cars and pickups being packed in front yards, I went to the Village Board about that very thing 15 years ago. And again 12 years ago nothing was done. Trashy people that tear our home's value down.
Bitter-Sweet

Dolton, IL

#8847 Feb 12, 2012
There is a vegetable/flower market at East End Avenue and Sauk Trail in Chicago Heights, IL. Does anyone know when it opens again for business? It closes during the winter. I want to get started planting my herb garden indoors to prepare for the spring season.
Resident

Chicago Heights, IL

#8848 Feb 12, 2012
Bitter-Sweet wrote:
There is a vegetable/flower market at East End Avenue and Sauk Trail in Chicago Heights, IL. Does anyone know when it opens again for business? It closes during the winter. I want to get started planting my herb garden indoors to prepare for the spring season.
That is Rons Market, they probably will be open in April
Bitter-Sweet

Cedar Lake, IN

#8849 Feb 12, 2012
Thanks.
Trying to make this work

Quincy, IL

#8850 Feb 12, 2012
Tony 487 wrote:
To the person complaining about cars and pickups being packed in front yards, I went to the Village Board about that very thing 15 years ago. And again 12 years ago nothing was done. Trashy people that tear our home's value down.
. Thank you I thought I was the only one who noticed. Mabe I should talk to code enforcement guy .
casjuke

Chicago Heights, IL

#8851 Feb 13, 2012
Trying to make this work wrote:
<quoted text>. Thank you I thought I was the only one who noticed. Mabe I should talk to code enforcement guy .
I would think the code enforcement would enjoy giving tickets out to wrongfully parked cars. Or the PD.
Could use the revenue.
papaadoc

Chicago Heights, IL

#8852 Feb 13, 2012
Com Ed wants to install Smart Meters on all our homes. There's more to them than just sending the monthly reading. Much I didn't know about them. Check out these videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Apr 08

Chicago, IL

#8853 Feb 13, 2012
Bitter-Sweet wrote:
Here's their Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rons-Market-LT...
Lifer Looking to Leave

La Crosse, WI

#8854 Feb 13, 2012
papaadoc wrote:
Com Ed wants to install Smart Meters on all our homes. There's more to them than just sending the monthly reading. Much I didn't know about them. Check out these videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8JNFr_j6kdIXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Thanks both were informative...especially the second. Wonder what ComEd would do if we tried to tell them that we wouldn't accept the new meters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Public Moving and Storage 12 hr irene 220
News AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) Wed Rhino Illinois Gov 7,582
Dave Holston for Mayor in 17. (May '15) Jan 18 Predictor 10
District 142 Board Member out of control (Apr '16) Jan 18 D142Mom 177
Get ready ! Jan 17 Art 1
me Art, You jane! Jan 17 Art 1
I am Art Jan 17 Art 1

Steger Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Steger Mortgages