Steger news by residents

Since: Jan 08

Steger, IL

#8315 Dec 16, 2011
papaadoc wrote:
<quoted text>
That's kind of nuts that I can see them and no one else can. How about the village board agenda I just posted. Can others see it?
Yes, I can see the Village Board agenda just fine.
papaadoc

Chicago Heights, IL

#8316 Dec 16, 2011
Well, lets try again. Below is the first page of the garbage flyer. Is anyone seeing this one?

VILLAGE OF STEGER ALLIED WASTE SERVICES OF CRESTWOOD
Allied Waste Services of Crestwood is providing each home with a garbage toter and a recycling toter. In order to ensure the best possible service, please read the following information outlining our program.

HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE
All household garbage is to be placed out for pick-up by 6:00 a.m, on your regular pick-up day. Household trash should be placed inside the toter provided by Allied Waste of Crestwood. Toters will be delivered to residents during the weeks of December 27th and January 2nd. Please continue using your existing trash and recycling containers until you receive your toters.

If you wish for us to dispose of your old trash containers, please tape a note to the container asking the driver to do so. If additional containers are needed, please call customer service at 1-708-385-8252 or email us at [email protected] .com.

If you are in need of an extra pick-up or require a large container for a special clean-up, contact our customer service dept. at 708-385-8252 .

RECYCLING
New 95-gallon recycle toters will be delivered to each home. The toters will be marked for recycling only. Once toters are delivered, recycling service will be provided every other week versus weekly. A calendar and a map are enclosed. Toters cannot be contaminated with trash! A sticker notifying the resident of contamination will be placed on the toter.

PLEASE NOTE: The 95-gallon carts for recycling should not contain yard waste or trash. Please see list of acceptable items below.

ACCEPTABLE RECYCLING ITEMS
Magazines LDPE Plastics
Newspaper Glass
Cardboard Aluminum & Tin
Chipboard Bi-metal materials
Office Paper PET Plastics
Telephone Books HDPE Plastics
my name is earl

Park Forest, IL

#8317 Dec 16, 2011
yes
papaadoc wrote:
<quoted text>
That's kind of nuts that I can see them and no one else can. How about the village board agenda I just posted. Can others see it?
Concerned in Steger

Hammond, IN

#8318 Dec 16, 2011
I don't think that this forum is set up to display pictures/scans. You might be able to take the scan and copy and paste it into a 'WORD' document.
boo

Frankfort, IL

#8319 Dec 16, 2011
Mom in Steger wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully someone with the police department or someone in the court system will catch wind of this posting. Brian Sullivan, 38 address of 3034 Chaicago Road is the same person who robbed the Shell Gas Station on Chicago Road when I worked there. He scared the dickens out of me with what turned out to be a fake gun. While he was out of jail and awaiting a court date for that robbery, he tried to rob the Shell a second time. This time he was chased out of the store and the police caught him a few blocks away. Can Steger add up all of these offences and just put him away? He was on parole for robbery when he tried to rob the Shell, he just might be on parole now for the Shell robbery.
This might be the Brian J. Sullivan on the inmate search section of IDOC. Seems the same age and same M.O. from crimes past.

Since: Apr 08

Chicago, IL

#8321 Dec 16, 2011
papaadoc wrote:
Post 8280 and 8281 were the complet booklet put out by the village on the garbage service. I scanned it in to the computer and then pasted. One post for each page, 1 &2. I think that's a little strange that they are showing up on my computer, and it seems no one elses.
Now I have to ask, can anyone see the post above this as page 1 of the garbage booklet?
8280 and 8281 are not in my timeline at all. Goes from 79 to 82.
ohmygod

Chicago Heights, IL

#8322 Dec 16, 2011
Quit worrying about posts and call the new company if your all so worried about it.sheesh..
papaadoc

Chicago Heights, IL

#8323 Dec 16, 2011
Concerned in Steger wrote:
I don't think that this forum is set up to display pictures/scans. You might be able to take the scan and copy and paste it into a 'WORD' document.
Actually, thats what I did. I scanned it in OCR into word and then copy and pasted it. I also went to a friends today and looked up topix. His didn't show the posts either, but they still show on mine.

The problem with this is, how do any of us know if our posts are showing up to other computers. I'm seeing my posts, but no one else is. How about yours and others posts. Maybe no one is seeing others and no way of knowing it.
steger

Chicago Heights, IL

#8324 Dec 16, 2011
route66fan wrote:
Regarding the garbage cans. I know that the can they are supplying is a "loader" - one that they hook to the truck and it automatically dumps. I know that they prefer using those, as opposed to lifting "regular" cans.
The representative at the Board meeting I attended said that if you need extra cans to call them and they will take care of it. Now, he didn't say if that meant it would be free or not.
I knew that we were getting bigger cans for the truck to dump, I didnt think they wanted us to use our own because they would be lifting them, I dont know if they have men walking with the truck to pick up our own cans? A friend of mine said the garbage company called her about when her last pick up would be. Has anyone else heard from them?
fiddlefaddle

United States

#8325 Dec 16, 2011
steger wrote:
<quoted text>I knew that we were getting bigger cans for the truck to dump, I didnt think they wanted us to use our own because they would be lifting them, I dont know if they have men walking with the truck to pick up our own cans? A friend of mine said the garbage company called her about when her last pick up would be. Has anyone else heard from them?
thell pick up one can the rest is your prob
ActiveResident

Park Forest, IL

#8326 Dec 16, 2011
In Crete, I was told that after a grace period they will not pick up any garbage that is not in the new containers that have those pieces in there that will work with the automated lift. So we will need to get rid of all our garbage cans except the new type; if we need >1 then we call and get another one.

They send around a second truck that picks up the yard waste, and that does not have to be in the new type of can. We can use any old garbage can or bags for the yard waste.

Allied Waste paid for a newsletter that was mailed to every Crete household that gave us all the info we needed. Rates guaranteed not to increase for 2 years.
ajm

Chicago Heights, IL

#8327 Dec 17, 2011
anyone have a used car for sale??
oicwutudidthere

Chicago Heights, IL

#8328 Dec 17, 2011
ajm wrote:
anyone have a used car for sale??
nope
papaadoc

Chicago Heights, IL

#8329 Dec 19, 2011
Steger village Board meeting tonoght 12-19-11 at 7:00 PM
papaadoc

Chicago Heights, IL

#8330 Dec 19, 2011
Death Notice:

Gough, Joyce Ann nee Sachnoff, December 16, 2011, Age 62. Late of Steger, Beloved mother of Kevin (Jessica Hardel) Gough, Gina (Jeff) Kaufmann, and Jenny (Corey) LoCascio. Cherished grandmother of Story Kaufmann. Loving sister of Donald (Janet) Sachnoff. Memorial visitation, Wednesday, December 21, 2011, at Tews Funeral Home, 18230 Dixie Hwy. Homewood from 2 to 8 p.m. 708-798-5300
papaadoc

Chicago Heights, IL

#8331 Dec 19, 2011
Concerned in Steger wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see post 8280...it goes from 8279 to 8282...at least on my computer.
I sent Topix feed back and I just got a reply
Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback. Your posts were blocked by our automatic filter which sometimes "catches" material that is not necessarily objectionable. A few of your most recent posts have been un-blocked and should now appear on the site.

Thank you,
[email protected]

So my question to you out there is can anyone see posts 8280 and 8281? Thanks in advance.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#8332 Dec 20, 2011
No..............
kingarthur

United States

#8333 Dec 20, 2011
no and no-try reposting

Since: Apr 08

Chicago, IL

#8334 Dec 20, 2011
papaadoc wrote:
<quoted text>

So my question to you out there is can anyone see posts 8280 and 8281? Thanks in advance.
I cannot.
oicwutudidthere

Chicago Heights, IL

#8335 Dec 20, 2011
could we please go back to actual steger news, and not OMG I CANT SEE 2 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glenwood Academy - EEOC Investigation for Discr... (Jan '17) 11 hr TheChallenger 38
News Kadner: Cook County Sheriff offers hope for Rob... (Feb '13) Thu ErinBolden 13
How do you rate Tinley Park by living there!!! (Sep '08) Aug 13 Joe 23
Homewood is going DOWNHILL (Oct '10) Aug 13 Pin12 9
Rita when does jail start? (Dec '16) Aug 12 More crooked county 7
Pipes on north side of 167th Aug 11 Curious 1
Rocco Demarco breaking into homes (Feb '15) Aug 10 ESKETIT 6

Steger Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Steger Mortgages