Steger news by residents
dont criticize

Quincy, IL

#6858 Jun 13, 2011
The 'Critter Crew' is a childrens oganization made by a group of friends that want to make our planet a better place. The kids in this group made a plan to make the feild into a park. they asked for donations and help and wanted member that lived in the neighborhood to come help. Did anyone help them? Did anyone make a donation? I know you have an opion of this but dont let the "CRITTERS" hear you criticize their ideas and their hard work with out help from the village, or you.
citizen

Huntington, IN

#6859 Jun 14, 2011
How can anyone in any town crictize children trying to make any place that we all share a better place to live. The effort is what counts. How great would this town be and this world be if we all stopped and made an effort.
WONDERFUL

Chicago Heights, IL

#6860 Jun 14, 2011
"Critter Crew"...what a wonderful idea!
Concerned in Steger

University Park, IL

#6861 Jun 14, 2011
Police blotter from the S.T. Star for 6/14/11;

DISORDERLY CONDUCT: Milton V. Contrereas, 37, of Chicago, was charged with disorderly conduct, criminal damage to property and retail theft after he stole makeup and fondled himself June 6 inside Kmart, 3231 Chicago Road, police said.

HOME BURGLARY: A door was forced open and two televisions and an Xbox game system were stolen June 6 from an apartment in the 3400 block of Kings Road.

MOTORCYCLE THEFT: A 1998 Kawasaki motorcycle was stolen June 6 or 7 in the 300 block of West 34th Street.

STOLEN MOTORCYCLE: A 2003 Yamaha Warrior motorcycle was stolen June 7 or 8 from a garage in the first block of East 227th Street.

SUSPENDED LICENSE: Lenisha K. Jones, 25, 13993 W. Grace, Robbins, was charged with driving on a suspended license and not signaling a turn after a June 8 stop at 33rd Street and Chicago Road, police said.

NO LICENSE: Antoine D. Dawkins, 22, 238 Hickory St., Glenwood, was charged with driving on a revoked license and no rear plate light after a stop June 8 at 34th and State streets, police said.

CAR THEFT: A 2003 Chevrolet Impala that was left running was stolen June 9 from a lot in the 400 block of West 34th Street.

VEHICLE BURGLARY: Items were stolen June 9 or 10 from a vehicle parked in the 3700 block of Stella Boulevard.

VEHICLE BREAK-INS: Two vehicles parked in the 3700 block of Crescent Drive were entered June 9 or 10. A dashboard was damaged on one of them.

SUSPENDED LICENSE: Candace B. Smith, 23, 923 White Oak Lane, University Park, was charged with driving on a suspended license, no insurance and not having a rear plate light after a June 10 stop at Steger and Frederick roads, police said.

REVOKED LICENSE: Roberto V. Alcantar, 47, 3413 Union Ave., Steger, was charged with driving on a revoked license and no insurance and was arrested on a Chicago Heights warrant after a stop June 10 at Chicago Road and 31st Street, police said.

BROKEN WINDOW: A window was broken June 11 at a building in the 3200 block of Lewis Avenue.

WARRANT ARREST: Glen C. Rice, 30, 809 E. 193rd St., Glenwood, was charged with obstructing justice and was arrested on an Illinois Department of Corrections warrant June 12 in the 300 block of West 35th Street, police said.

DUI CASE: Deshawn D. Watts, 24, 1082 Amherst Lane, University Park, was charged with drunken driving, speeding and no insurance after being stopped June 12 at Cottage Grove Avenue and Sauk Trail, police said.

DISORDERLY CONDUCT: Nathan J. Storey, 23, 114 W. 34th St., Steger, was charged with disorderly conduct June 12 after he tried to enter an apartment in the 3600 block of Emerald Avenue, police said.
Board Meeting

Chicago Heights, IL

#6862 Jun 15, 2011
I go to board meetings wrote:
Well just got back from the Village Board Meeting
and guess who was not there?!?!?!?
The newly elected Tim Perchinski. Great!! His first board meeting and he misses it. Guess the residents can really depend on him to help the village out!!!!
I, too, was at the board meeting,(sorry for being late, due to another commitment) and saw that Mr. Perchinski was not there. I think we need to give him the benefit of the doubt, as to why he was unable to attend. I HIGHLY doubt, that on his 1st meeting, he decided to forego his obligation... "just because"...
funny

Chicago Heights, IL

#6863 Jun 15, 2011
Board Meeting wrote:
<quoted text>
I, too, was at the board meeting,(sorry for being late, due to another commitment) and saw that Mr. Perchinski was not there. I think we need to give him the benefit of the doubt, as to why he was unable to attend. I HIGHLY doubt, that on his 1st meeting, he decided to forego his obligation... "just because"...
funny mr. lopez wasn't there either and nobody's talking about that - and mr. banicki missed the meeting before that and nobody is talking about that
I go to board meetings

Crown Point, IN

#6864 Jun 15, 2011
funny wrote:
<quoted text>
funny mr. lopez wasn't there either and nobody's talking about that - and mr. banicki missed the meeting before that and nobody is talking about that
It wasn't their "first" board meeting! I will give Tim the benefit of the doubt, but I find it hard to believe that one would not make arrangements to be at their "first" board meeting, unless it was something that couldn't be changed. We will see.
papaadoc

Chicago Heights, IL

#6866 Jun 19, 2011
VILLAGE OF STEGER BOARD MEETING AGENDA MONDAY, JUNE 20, 2011 7:00 P.M.

1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ROLL CALL
4. MINUTES
5. REPORTS OF TRUSTEES
6. BILLS
7. CORRESPONDENCE

A thank you note from Benjamin Helton, Band Director at Bloom High School District 206, for use of Veterans Park for their recent 5K race.

8. OLD BUSINESS

A request from Fire Chief Al Martinez to purchase three 25 foot vacant lots just north of Fire Station #1 at a cost of $20,000 plus $4,215.00 for back taxes. Chief Martinez has secured finances for the purchase.(tabled June 6, 2011)

Consideration of TIF at the Scrementi Property, as requested by Trustee Ken Peterson (tabled May 2 & 16 and June 6, 2011)

9. NEW BUSINESS

ORDINANCE NO. 1012 AMENDING ORDINANCE NO. 879 RELATING TO THE TABLE OF ORGANIZATION FOR THE POLICE DEPARTMENT OF THE VILLAGE OF STEGER

ORDINANCE NO. 1013 AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING ENTRY INTO AN AMENDMENT TO A REDEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE VILLAGE OF STEGER, COUNTIES OF COOK AND WILL, STATE OF ILLINOIS AND 3760 CORPORATION

ORDINANCE NO. 1014 AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING ENTRY INTO A REDEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE VILLAGE OF STEGER, COUNTIES OF COOK AND WILL, STATE OF ILLINOIS AND MED VOC REHABILITATION

ORDINANCE NO. 1015 AN ORDINANCE RESTRICTING AFTER HOURS USE OF VILLAGE PARKS BY MINORS

A presentation from Marty Loughlin of Call One

Results of the June 20th Bid Opening for paddle fans, light fixture maintenance and cleaning of bar joist in ceiling of Community Center Gymnasium.

Recommendation of the Zoning Board of Appeals as requested by Tim Glass of Glass Tap at 3327-29 Chicago Road.

Recommendation of the Plan Commission as requested by Robert Phillppe of Corsam Properties regarding 3616-18 Wallace.

Consideration of restricting times of operation in the industrial park.
Discussion on recycling program
Discussion on street sweeping

A request from Barb Dorman of Southland Voice, to bring back the Famerís Market on Saturdays from 2 to 6pm June through October 19, 2011 at the Municipal (K Mart) Parking Lot.

A request from Misericordia to hold Misericordia/Jelly Belly Candy Days Fundraiser on Friday and Saturday, April 27 & 28, 2012.

A request from Girl Scout Troop 007 to clean up Hecht Park on Wednesday June 29th from 6:30-8:30pm as part of a Service Project.

Approval of recurring Bills for Payment (July 4, 2011)

10. ANNOUNCEMENTS
The Village Hall will be closed and there will be no Board meeting July 4th due to Independence Day Holiday.

11. COMMENTS FROM THE FLOOR
When addressing the Board with your comments, please step up to the microphone and state your name and address.

12. EXECUTIVE SESSION TO DISCUSS PERSONNEL
13. ADJOURNMENT

Since: Jan 08

Steger, IL

#6867 Jun 19, 2011
THANK YOUS to the following for making Driving The Dixie 2011 an absolute success. Because of the people listed below, the event went off perfectly and cost the village minimal dollars. The only costs incurred by the Village were the cost of picnic table/trash can delivery/pickup & traffic patrol. In addition to saving the village money, thanks to the people below, Steger was able to put on a top-notch event enjoyed by the participants, viewers, and workers.

Thank you (in no particular order to):

Steger Board Members (past and present)
Steger ESDA
Steger Public Works
Dari-Whip/Twisted Q BBQ
Bambino's Family Restaurant
Guaranteed Muffler & Brake
Steger School District 194
the band JakTripper
the band Big Boppers
www.eadg4.com
Park Forest Historical Society & 1950s House Museum
Senior Girl Scout Troop from High School (sorry I forgot the troop #)
Boy Scouts at the Car Wash (sorry, forgot the troop numbers)
Homewood Historical Society
Driving The Dixie Communities Committee
A's R Us Car Club
Tri-Town Radio Club
Country Financial Services
My family and sister
and the weather!!

Hopefully, I didn't miss anybody, if I did, I deeply apologize.

Again, each group/business/etc listed above contributed in some way or another to the success of this event - and on behalf of the participants - THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Since: Jan 08

Steger, IL

#6868 Jun 19, 2011
UGH - I just KNEW I'd forget one.

My apologies.

Also thank you to Steger Flower Shop.
meee0

Chicago, IL

#6869 Jun 19, 2011
are there going to be fireworks this year at steger fest?? thats the only good thing about the event...

Since: Jun 11

Dolton, IL

#6871 Jun 20, 2011
Stringed musical instrument found over Father's Day weekend in the Eastview area. If yours, please contact [email protected]
curious

Chicago Heights, IL

#6872 Jun 21, 2011
meee0 wrote:
are there going to be fireworks this year at steger fest?? that's the only good thing about the event...
What does steger benefit from this? Public works has spent many man hours setting up the park. Some baseball has to be rescheduled around it because at least one field is closed during it. The rides are expensive for the residents. With all the rain we have had the park will get torn up and we will have to fix it. Where do the profits made from this go?

Unlike steger day,where except for food all the things are free to the residents, which last year didn't cost the village a dime due to donations. All it cost steger was a little clean up by public works after.

To those village board members who complained about the cost of steger day, when the village is broke, how do you now justify all the money the village is spending on man hours for this?

Just curious
I go to board meetings

Chicago, IL

#6873 Jun 21, 2011
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What does steger benefit from this? Public works has spent many man hours setting up the park. Some baseball has to be rescheduled around it because at least one field is closed during it. The rides are expensive for the residents. With all the rain we have had the park will get torn up and we will have to fix it. Where do the profits made from this go?
Unlike steger day,where except for food all the things are free to the residents, which last year didn't cost the village a dime due to donations. All it cost steger was a little clean up by public works after.
To those village board members who complained about the cost of steger day, when the village is broke, how do you now justify all the money the village is spending on man hours for this?
Just curious
Thank you!!!! They did decide to move some of the carnival rides to the parking lot because Code Enforcer Ed Myers told the board last night at the meeting that the park is very wet and he wanted to avoid the mess created last year. They agreed to it but there will still be stuff on the grass and yes, there will be a mess again. As you can see, we will not be having a Steger Day event this year. I assume it is because Trustee Honea did not get reelected. She got all the donations for last years event, but the Action Party never told the residents that and critisized her in their campaign for spending $6000 on fireworks. I hope the fire department will still have their street dance. Haven't heard if they are. Will have to wait and see.
huh

Park Forest, IL

#6874 Jun 21, 2011
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
JUST BECAUSE SHE GOT DONATIONS FOR A STEGER EVENT ONE TIME DOES NOT MAKE HER A GREAT TRUSTEE.
I go to board meetings wrote:
<quoted text>
Trustee Honea did not get reelected.
Yup

Country Club Hills, IL

#6875 Jun 21, 2011
huh wrote:
<quoted text>YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAY
JUST BECAUSE SHE GOT DONATIONS FOR A STEGER EVENT ONE TIME DOES NOT MAKE HER A GREAT TRUSTEE.
Oh STFU.
whats new

Chicago Heights, IL

#6876 Jun 22, 2011
just noticed. what happened to off. Carol Kozinski and Steve Nardi? Maria Bautista? was she Maria Nardi? Is Jeremiah Stultz chief Stultz son? alot of changes. where have I been
Sandy

Herriman, UT

#6877 Jun 22, 2011
Anyone know what's going up at the Crete Marketplace off 394? Saw they were digging today.
sparkler

Chicago Heights, IL

#6878 Jun 22, 2011
Just wanted to know if there will be fireworks on sunday night like usual? Has anyone seen the fogger yet? Its 8:45pm on wednesday no sign of it yet! The sign said wednesday and thursday, I assume they will do half the town each day.
Concerned in Steger

Hammond, IN

#6879 Jun 22, 2011
Police Blotter from the S.T. Star for 6/22/11;

TRACTOR THEFT: A tractor was stolen June 14 in the 22800 block of Frederick Road.

GARAGE BURGLARY: Items were stolen June 15 from a garage in the 3400 block of Susan Lane.

THEFT: A bench was stolen June 16 from a yard in the 3200 block of Hopkins Avenue.

THEFT: A central air conditioning unit was stolen June 16 or 17 from a back yard of a house in the 22900 block of Lahon Road.

ATTEMPTED CON: A man claiming to be an old neighbor entered a house in the 3700 block of Crescent Drive on June 17, and while he was talking to the resident, another man was seen inside the house and two more men were in the back yard. After being told to leave, the men drove off in a tan sport utility vehicle.

VAN THEFT: A 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan was stolen June 17 from a lot in the 3400 block of Kings Road.

WARRANT ARREST: Thomas A. Flores, 18, 2704 Commercial Ave., South Chicago Heights, turned himself in on a Cook County warrant June 18 at the police station, 35 W. 34th St., police said.

VANDALISM: A picnic table was set on fire June 19 at Veteranís Park, 3501 Phillips Ave.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pipes on north side of 167th Sun Forest For The Trees 2
The Great Mayor Gonzalez Sat digger_70 1
Glenwood Academy - EEOC Investigation for Discr... (Jan '17) Aug 19 TheChallenger 38
News Kadner: Cook County Sheriff offers hope for Rob... (Feb '13) Aug 17 ErinBolden 13
How do you rate Tinley Park by living there!!! (Sep '08) Aug 13 Joe 23
Homewood is going DOWNHILL (Oct '10) Aug 13 Pin12 9
Rocco Demarco breaking into homes (Feb '15) Aug 10 ESKETIT 6

Steger Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Steger Mortgages