Steger news by residents
The Young Gunz

Chicago, IL

#5296 Nov 9, 2010
Wow PPl Been Busy

Since: Jan 08

Steger, IL

#5297 Nov 9, 2010
As promised - I am here to report what happened with The Beatles t-shirt.

I contacted the Jr. High office via e-mail on Saturday. On Monday I received an e-mail back saying they are looking into it. Later that same Monday I received an e-mail that they talked to the staff member, talked to my daughter, and somehow somewhere there was a misunderstanding. Not sure exactly where or how.

At any rate, we have been asked to bring the shirt into school, directly to the office, and they will look at it and make a final decision on the spot. Which I think is fair, since nobody in the office has seen the shirt in question.

I am very happy with how the office handled the situation and the promptness of it.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#5298 Nov 10, 2010
lmao wrote:
We moved to Steger over 5 years ago and our trash was picked up for 5 years without paying a dime. just started paying this year when they finally didnt pick it up lolololol!
....lolololo....
Concerned in Steger

Glenwood, IL

#5299 Nov 10, 2010
rt66fan,

It seems that a more reasonable tone is now being taken by the administrators but the actual t-shirt isn't really the problem when the staff member unequivocally stated "the Beatles are racist".

Since: Apr 08

Chicago, IL

#5300 Nov 10, 2010
Neither one of my children produced such a letter.
In Steger wrote:
So I heard that Bloom Trail sent letters home to parents stating that the school would be closing and possibly becoming a charter school. Any truth to this?
ohno

United States

#5301 Nov 11, 2010
grnacres1964 wrote:
Sad to see that the west side of County Line Animal hospital was "tagged" again last night.
its them gangbangers that call themselves"kings" that live right by the police station on 33pl. Some kids cant even go to the citgo without them running there with weapons of all sorts.
ohno

United States

#5302 Nov 11, 2010
watcher wrote:
<quoted text>I thought about that, but we would be the ones they would lock up. I've seen these punks chase a guy into the police station like a pack of junk yard dogs and four of Steger's finest came out and did nothing,they should have been locked up for mob action or something.
the guy going in there was goin in there because these punks friend pulled a gun out on him and some boys after they got off the bus, luckily the kid with the gun was caught and arrested. and the police sure didnt do a thing when they ran up on him going in there its just ridiculous!
ohno

United States

#5303 Nov 11, 2010
absent police wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you, but I think the problem is there arent enough police patroling the neighborhood. There was another garage (tagged) on 35th between Sangamon and Morgan the same 2 apartment duplex where both apartments windows were broken out. Also theres a house that was being rented where rumored gang memebers were living, but I now see that the house is empty good riddance to them! But there probably renting somewhere else in steger. The house was on peoria and 35th street. Also there alot of graffiti sprayed on the actual street between morgan and peoria, you would think the police would see this when there patroling the area!!!
one of the duplex windows that was broken was a gang memeber living there, he was later arrested for pulling a gun out on some guys after school in BROAD DAYLIGHT
Try me

Chicago, IL

#5304 Nov 11, 2010
They're P***YS! I'm a lifetime resident and I'm not gonna let some P***YS effect me when I walk to Citgo or have to walk a different route because of them. I will continue to walk the same route because I walk right pass that street and see them out there but they never really ever have said anything to me while walking alone. I always got something for protection if they were to confront me.
Resident

Willow Springs, IL

#5305 Nov 11, 2010
Make it legal to carry and put castle law in place,when the gang banging punk pulls a gun,drop him the the piece of crap they are !!!Problem solved in seconds,they act bad because their armed and we are not, even the score the run like wet crap!!!
Kings blow

Chicago, IL

#5306 Nov 11, 2010
Latin kings are a gang that hang in one big group of all men then go have one big gang orgy. QUEERS....HAHAHAHA
Resident

Matteson, IL

#5307 Nov 11, 2010
I dont care what gang their from Queer or whatever,they screw with me Ill take action!!!
STEGER

Chicago Heights, IL

#5308 Nov 11, 2010
ohno wrote:
<quoted text>one of the duplex windows that was broken was a gang memeber living there, he was later arrested for pulling a gun out on some guys after school in BROAD DAYLIGHT
I saw a moving truck at the duplex the other day and then later the landlord was putting new windows in! I think the gang has moved out, good riddance!
mom

Chicago Heights, IL

#5309 Nov 11, 2010
Im sure they moved to another apartment in steger and they will be causing problems there also!
typist

Homewood, IL

#5310 Nov 12, 2010
Anyone know what they're putting in next to County Line? It's great to see new a new business in town.
resident

Homewood, IL

#5311 Nov 12, 2010
typist wrote:
Anyone know what they're putting in next to County Line? It's great to see new a new business in town.
I think they are expanding the Animal Hospital.
watcher

Homewood, IL

#5312 Nov 12, 2010
typist wrote:
They are just changing the enterance to the north so they have their own parking lot. The parking lot south of the building belongs to the V.F.W.
papaadoc

Homewood, IL

#5313 Nov 12, 2010
VILLAGE OF STEGER BOARD MEETING AGENDA
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2010 7:00 P.M.

1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ROLL CALL
4. MINUTES
5. REPORTS OF TRUSTEES
6. BILLS
7. CORRESPONDENCE
A note of Thanks from the Village Board to Harvey Sass for his donation to the Village of a photograph of John V. Steger, the Village’s first Mayor and a 1926 Village of Steger Code Book.

8. OLD BUSINESS

9. NEW BUSINESS
ORDINANCE NO. 1005 An Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 987 Exempting Antique Vehicles (village stickers)

RESOLUTION NO. 989 A Resolution Honoring Richard Marino on his Retirement from the Steger Fire Department

Results of the November 15 th bid opening for Street Lights Maintenance Service.

Business License Application of Fresenius Medical Care (Dialysis Center) at 219 E.
34 th Street pending inspections.

Discussion on MS 4 Storm Water Education as directed by the Illinois EPA.

Life Line Screening requests use of the Village Meeting Room on Monday, February 11, 2011.

Fire Chief Al Martinez requests approval of Christopher Somervell and Kevin Rios as
probationary Firefighters, pending background checks and physical examinations.

Columbia Central School Students discuss Public Safety at Youth in Government Night.

10. ANNOUNCEMENTS
A CDBG Performance Hearing will follow tonight’s meeting

The next meeting of the Finance Committee will be held at 6pm on Wednesday December 8 th in the Village Meeting Room.

11. COMMENTS FROM THE FLOOR
When addressing the Board with your comments, please step up to the microphone
and state your name and address.
12. ADJOURNMENT
Annoyed at Incompetence

Chicago, IL

#5314 Nov 12, 2010
On Monday's Agenda is the following: "Business License Application of Fresenius Medical Care (Dialysis Center) at 219 E.
34 th Street pending inspections."

At the last meeting there was discussion that there was not a signed development agreement with the developer...if the business license is granted what leverage will the village have to get the development agreement signed?
papaadoc

Homewood, IL

#5315 Nov 12, 2010
RE:
ORDINANCE NO. 1005 An Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 987 Exempting Antique Vehicles (village stickers)

I can understand giving them a reduced fee, but I don't think they should be exempt. The state doesn't give them plates, they get them at a reduced fee. In these times of the village needing money, is this a wise move. I'd like to hear from others what they think.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toland/Raiders 19 hr Resident 31
News Lincoln-Way Board to Weigh Options for Future o... Aug 1 sorry kids 187
Tinley Park Ambulance Service Aug 1 Rudy 10
News Hardee's abandons area (Feb '07) Jul 31 Rudy 4
S 2nd st town moron Jul 31 Rudy 1
Calumet City in the 60's & 70's (Feb '10) Jul 30 yoyo 79
News New Lenox mayor in Congress race (Oct '07) Jul 30 AN AMERICAN 438
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Steger Mortgages