Steger news by residents
imjustsaying

Chicago, IL

#4924 Sep 14, 2010
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot say if this is true or not. I did LOL. If it is true, I can only say, it figures for Steger. Oh my gosh, it really isn't funny, but...
come on people really you guys really think that these people are hanging out at a strip club. REALLY
Concerned in Steger

Lansing, IL

#4925 Sep 15, 2010
Police blotter for 9/15 from the Southtown Star

STEGER

THEFT Someone stole power tools from the back of a pickup truck parked in the yard of Builders Iron Works, 3234 W. Louis Sherman Drive, between mid-July and Sept. 7.

TRUCK THEFT A 1979 Ford dump truck was stolen in the 440 block of Richton Road between Aug. 15 and Sept. 5.

CAR BURGLARY An iPod and a gym bag were stolen between Aug. 31 and Sept. 1 from a 2009 Pontiac G6 in the 3000 block of Sangamon Street.

GAS THEFT Someone siphoned 35 gallons of gasoline from a 1999 Ford van in the driveway of a home in the first block of 34th Street between Aug. 31 and Sept. 4.

CAR BURGLARY Two bowling balls and other sports equipment were stolen Sept. 2 from two pickup trucks outside a home in the 3600 block of Carpenter Street.

ASSAULT Someone hit a resident in the face with a rock Sept. 3 in the 3400 block of Halsted Street.

SUSPENDED LICENSE Dion C. Jones, 37, 343 Onarga St., Park Forest, was charged with driving on a suspended license after a Sept. 5 stop near Sauk Trail and Miller Road, police said.

CAR BURGLARY Someone stole a wallet Sept. 7 from a car in the 3200 block of Sandy Ridge Drive.

DOMESTIC BATTERY Angela C. Busby, 27, 3530 Ashland Ave., Steger, was charged with domestic battery after a Sept. 7 altercation outside her home, police said.
Rudie

Chicago, IL

#4926 Sep 15, 2010
papaadoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever said thank you to your dad for serving? Tell him and while your at it tell him I said thanks too.
I remember the first person who ever thanked me for serving. It was about 36 years after the fact, but I will never forget it.
So, for your dad, it's never too late. Tell him and anyone else you know who has served.
Yes I've said thank you to my dad. So has my 8 year old. My family has told him many times that we're proud of him!
Nancy

Melrose Park, IL

#4927 Sep 15, 2010
Lifer looking to leave wrote:
Are family members allowed to drive village vehicle? I saw Roger Mumford's wife drive the grey vehicle he uses. I have seen this on multiple occassions.
What about the Mayor's wife driving in the Village SUV on a Sunday morning down 394 with him sitting next to her?
yard sale

Chicago, IL

#4928 Sep 16, 2010
YARD SALE
Friday 8/17 and Saturday 8/18
8:30am - 5:00pm
140 Grace St. in Steger (right before Evergreen Cemetery entrance)
Cribs, princess toddler beds w/bedding, lots of baby items and clothing, lawnmowers, snowblowers, lift chair, chair and-a-half, and lots more.......
NO EARLY BIRDS PLEASE!!!!!!
Chili Lover

Mokena, IL

#4929 Sep 16, 2010
Does anyone know why the Oktoberfest was canceled? It was supposed to be this weekend. Boooooooo!
hahahaha

Quincy, IL

#4930 Sep 16, 2010
Chili Lover wrote:
Does anyone know why the Oktoberfest was canceled? It was supposed to be this weekend. Boooooooo!
Because your chili farts knocked out 6 children and 2 adults.
tim

Chicago, IL

#4931 Sep 16, 2010
Steger has a dont ask policy on spouses driving village vehicles I live in a close community and am amazed on what residents know and do nothing about right papadoc
Chili lover

Franklin Park, IL

#4933 Sep 17, 2010
Frank don't make a lot of money with theOctober Fest and the Chamber is broke so no CHILI FEST.
papaadoc

Chicago Heights, IL

#4934 Sep 17, 2010
STEGER BOARD MEETING AGENDA
MONDAY, SEPTMEBER 20, 2010 7:00 P.M.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE
3. ROLL CALL
4. MINUTES
5. REPORTS OF TRUSTEES
6. BILLS
7. PAYROLL
8. THORN CREEK BASIN SANITARY DISTRICT
9. COLLECTORS REPORT
10. CORRESPONDENCE
11. OLD BUSINESS
NEW BUSINESS

Ratification of the August 25th poll regarding the request of Another Hole in the Wall for a zoning variance from B2 to B2B to allow for sale of Beer and Wine consumption on premises with Entertainment.

Ratification of August 25th poll regarding the approval of Ordinance No.8048 to allow for a liquor license Beer and Wine consumption on premises with entertainment for Another Hole in the Wall.

A recommendation from the Zoning Board regarding the request of K Mart Stores of Ill. LLC for a zoning variance from B1 to B1C to allow sale of Alcoholic Liquor in Original Containers with no Entertainment at K Mart

ORDINANCE NO. 8048
ORDINANCE AMENDING CHAPTER SIX, SECTION 676
ENTITLED LIMITATIONS ON LICENSES
(To allow for Beer & Wine with Entertainment Liquor License for “Another Hole in the Wall” and a Full Liquor License for Kmart)

RESOLUTION NO.985 RESOLUTION FOR IMPROVEMENT
BY MUNICIPALITY UNDER THE ILLINOIS HIGHWAY CODE
(Joint Road Repair Project with South Chicago Heights 30TH St East End Ave to Holeman Ave)

Request for Expenditure/Authorization of Motor Fuel Tax Funds in the amount of
$16,837.38 for work on 30th Street from East End Ave to Holeman Ave

Ratification of August 24th poll regarding the Fire Department’s annual MDA Boot Drive on Sept. 4th

Ratification of Sept.16th poll regarding use of Veterans Park on Sept 18th from 1-5pm for a memorial service.

A request to advertise for bids for culvert work in Miller Woods.

Discussion on the Southtown Manor Development’s Letter of Credit.

Jack’s Bar and Grill requests use of the west end of their parking lot for a “Poker Run”
on Oct.2nd to benefit Cancer Research. The event would start at 9am and conclude by 10:30pm. Jack’s would like to borrow traffic barricades to mark off the area from the parking lot. Because the event is a benefit, Jack’s is also requesting use of (10) picnic tables.

Gary Chonko of 3113 Butler requests use of Veterans Park for an event to benefit a
Steger woman with M S

A recommendation from Recreation Board President Joe Formentini to appoint the
following members to the Recreation Board:
Gerald Stewart – Basketball
Jonathan Rocha – Softball

A recommendation from Fire Chief Al Martinez to promote Assistant Fire Chief Jeff
Roesner to Deputy Chief of the Fire Department. The promotion makes Roesner officially the second in command.

Results of the Sept.7th bid opening for Replacement and Upgrade of HVAC
Systems at the Village Hall and Community Center (Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant)

A request from Girl Scout Troop 007 to use the council room for its meetings on the first
and third Wednesday of each month from Oct. 2010 through June 2011 from 6:30 to 8:30 each evening.

A request from the StegerSouth Heights Library that the Village waive the cost of the new water meter as mandated (Ord. 981). The Library building requires a 2” meter (costs between $400$ 500.00.)

A request form Kevin Hasemeyer of 3322 Florence to hold his third Annual Neighborhood party on Sept 25 from 4 to 11pm. Mr. Hasemeyer plans to have live bands, food, games and beverages.

Discussion on branch and leaf pick up, as requested by Trustee Kozy.

A request from “Repairer of the Breach Ministries” of Chicago to solicit donations on Oct 11, 12 and 13 on Village streets.

Intergovernmental Agreement for a Cook County Sheriff’s Police Gang Task Force
between the Cook County Sheriff’s Police Dept.and the Steger Police Dept.

Addendum to the work policy with regard to the Community Center.

A request from Kmart for the Village Fire and Police Departments’ participation in
National Safety Weekend October 23 and 24 from 10am to 4pm.
12. ANNOUNCEMENTS
13. COMMENTS FROM THE FLOOR
14. ADJOURNMENT
Steger finest

Hammond, IN

#4935 Sep 18, 2010
Chili Lover wrote:
The chamber claims to have no money. What happens to the money they make from the fest every year?
Steger finest

Hammond, IN

#4936 Sep 18, 2010
tim wrote:
Steger has a dont ask policy on spouses driving village vehicles I live in a close community and am amazed on what residents know and do nothing about right papadoc
He may have not known how to get to the location he wanted to go. Kinda like running the town, not sure what direction its going. But we all know its going down.

Village insurance should not cover her if she was driver and in an accident. But then Lou is Mayor he may have had it changed to allow her to drive him around so he doesnt get lost.
Steger finest

Hammond, IN

#4937 Sep 18, 2010
Ellen wrote:
I've seen the vehicle at a strip club<quoted text>
Think you had too much time on the pole Ellen, I dont think you saw that vehicle. Maybe you saw it with all it's lights on and you may have had on stripper music in your car and thought you was at work still.
Concerned in Steger

Frankfort, IL

#4938 Sep 18, 2010
Wow, that's a lot of business at the next board meeting. Of particular interest to me is the "branch and leaf" pickup discussion.

I certainly hope they can modify the present rule to allow 3-4 pickups per year. Has anyone else noticed how many branches are sitting in front of homes awaiting removal that never comes.
watcher

Homewood, IL

#4939 Sep 18, 2010
I heard Crete Harley is going to close, anyone know about this?
branches

Chicago Heights, IL

#4940 Sep 18, 2010
Concerned in Steger wrote:
Wow, that's a lot of business at the next board meeting. Of particular interest to me is the "branch and leaf" pickup discussion.
I certainly hope they can modify the present rule to allow 3-4 pickups per year. Has anyone else noticed how many branches are sitting in front of homes awaiting removal that never comes.
i had the code enforcer guy come to my house and put a letter on the that said that we had to get rid of the branches are self or put them out with the trash.
Resident

Herriman, UT

#4941 Sep 18, 2010
Why is my water bill sooo much! What is this increase!
concerned

Chicago Heights, IL

#4942 Sep 18, 2010
papaadoc wrote:
NEW BUSINESS
Ratification of the August 25th poll regarding the request of Another Hole in the Wall for a zoning variance from B2 to B2B to allow for sale of Beer and Wine consumption on premises with Entertainment.
Ratification of August 25th poll regarding the approval of Ordinance No.8048 to allow for a liquor license Beer and Wine consumption on premises with entertainment for Another Hole in the Wall.
ORDINANCE NO. 8048
ORDINANCE AMENDING CHAPTER SIX, SECTION 676
ENTITLED LIMITATIONS ON LICENSES
(To allow for Beer & Wine with Entertainment Liquor License for “Another Hole in the Wall” and a Full Liquor License for Kmart)
Isn't Another Hole in the wall supposed to be a "TEEN" center???? What kind of example are we showing our teens by allowing them to sell alcohol there??
stgrIL

Chicago Heights, IL

#4943 Sep 18, 2010
Going over my water bill, i noticed an increase in the sewer from 5.00 to 20.00
you know who

University Park, IL

#4944 Sep 18, 2010
no one said it was only a teen center...
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Another Hole in the wall supposed to be a "TEEN" center???? What kind of example are we showing our teens by allowing them to sell alcohol there??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
steger water (Mar '08) 16 hr Glo 36
Red Light Enforcement Program (Sep '10) 20 hr Crooks 40
Beecher Chief of Police (Oct '14) Fri Sherry 12
Review: Public Moving and Storage (Sep '16) Thu Anne Rosa 431
Who is Digger 70 ? (Sep '16) May 25 JOEY ZAZA 55
Chief Hal May 25 Vote 8
ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE FORMER AMANDA TEMEN aka A... May 24 she is a lowlife 2

Steger Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance