Steger news by residents
ccc

Homewood, IL

#2476 Jul 29, 2009
don't know how anybody could get hit by a train in steger they lay on that horn non-stop from the viaduct in crete until well north of suak trail anybody who can't hear 5 minutes of horn blowing is obviously deaf
homewood

Bloomington, IN

#2477 Jul 29, 2009
i was told he was eldery man
Information

Chicago Heights, IL

#2478 Jul 29, 2009
I was at the scene and was told that the person riding was age 24 and always seen riding a bike around town. he had an abrassion to his forehead and was transported to the hospital in Chicago Heights by the Steger Paramedics . LHe reportedly rode into the Train and the gates were down when he hit the train .The train reportedly DID NOT run ito the bike but the bike rode into the train from what was said at the scene. Only the rider knows what really happened unless a witness seen the Accident.He is Lucky to be alive,.The train never looses the RACE.
papaadoc

Dolton, IL

#2479 Jul 30, 2009
Steger man admits guilt in robbery spree

July 30, 2009

By STEWART WARREN [email protected]
The Herald News

JOLIET -- A robber who held up one gas station twice in the same day last year pleaded guilty Wednesday.

Christopher J. Guy, 22, of Steger, actually committed three robberies in the same 24-hour period.

On July 26, 2008, he went first to the Speedway gas station, 1120 Main St., Crete. Armed with a gun, Guy demanded money, Will County Assistant State's Attorney Chris Messina said Wednesday. About two hours later, he returned to the station and robbed it again, Messina said.

For complete story click link below
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews...
papaadoc

Dolton, IL

#2480 Jul 30, 2009
Robbery - 33XX CHICAGO ROAD, STEGER - 07/24/2009 09:02 PM
07/24/2009 09:02 PM
Armed Robbery. PD o/s with an Armed robbery victim. 4 BMs w/gun fled N/B in white Ford car Lic#X961525. Jewelry taken
papaadoc

Dolton, IL

#2481 Jul 30, 2009
Death Notice:
Joan Jarmuszka
(July 6, 1932 - July 27, 2009)
Joan Jarmuszka nee Sullivan, age 77, of Steger, IL passed away July 27, 2009. Loving mother of Edward Jarmuszka, and Debbie (Clive) Morgan. Cherished grandmother of six grandchildren. Dear sister of Jean Sullivan and Gloria Hearth. Dear aunt of many nieces and nephews. Visitation Friday July 31st from 4:00 - 8:00 p.m at Smits Funeral Homes-Steger Memorial Chapel (3045 Chicago Rd. Steger, IL). Funeral Service Friday at 6:30 P.M. Interment private. Information at 708-7 5 5 - 6 1 0 0 or www.smitsfuneralhomes.com

Since: Apr 08

Matteson, IL

#2482 Jul 30, 2009
Thanks for the info. I still can't believe this wasn't on the news.
Information wrote:
I was at the scene and was told that the person riding was age 24 and always seen riding a bike around town. he had an abrassion to his forehead and was transported to the hospital in Chicago Heights by the Steger Paramedics . LHe reportedly rode into the Train and the gates were down when he hit the train .The train reportedly DID NOT run ito the bike but the bike rode into the train from what was said at the scene. Only the rider knows what really happened unless a witness seen the Accident.He is Lucky to be alive,.The train never looses the RACE.
Cindy

Mokena, IL

#2483 Jul 30, 2009
I thought that girl that cut off the girl's hair and burned her was supposed to be on house arrest. She was gauking and texting like crazy at the train accident last night. I couldn't believe she was out when I was filling my tank at Shell. No shame or remorse. No wonder the victim's mom said her daughter is the real prisoner here. I am so disgusted at the parents!
gary

Chicago, IL

#2484 Jul 30, 2009
Papaadoc wrote:
Just to clear things up, I see it says Papaadoc is from Chicago. I didn't see anywhere to put a city and I AM a STEGER resident
i have the same problem but i think they use the location of your ip.they have me listed in hometown.(?)
Bellas mom

Waterloo, Canada

#2485 Jul 30, 2009
Any updates on the rain accident? And how in the world does steger keep their news out of the news?
Bellas mom

Waterloo, Canada

#2486 Jul 30, 2009
I meant train accident. Sorry
papaadoc

Dolton, IL

#2487 Jul 30, 2009
Miller Woods wrote:
Oak Forest Man arrested in Steger
http://www.southtownstar.com/news/1688682,072...
Why did they meet him in Steger and not Crete?

I guess if there's going to be trouble, you don't want it in your town.

I think the village board should send a letter to the Crete mayor and ask that question.

Since: Jul 08

Thornton, IL

#2488 Jul 30, 2009
papaadoc wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the village board should send a letter to the Crete mayor and ask that question.
The wise papaadoc your quote confused me at first but it does have merit.

First, who cares what town they got this scumbag in, at least hes arrested.

Second, im sure officer Howey (CPD) had a reason for setting it up in Steger. A few come to mind.

Thrid, maybe Steger was notified of the impending arrest by Crete.

IMHO
goose

Chicago, IL

#2489 Jul 30, 2009
i heard young boy killed by train i read the post above rummor has it young boy killed does anyone known please steger thinks its to good to tell news wake up steger your not

Since: Jul 08

Thornton, IL

#2490 Jul 30, 2009
Information wrote:
If this story is true and have no reason to think otherwise isnt it a little suspious(sp). I mean a 24 yro man going around the gates and into a MOVING train. He may of had disabilites or impairments but yesterday a train, tomorrow a car.
Im glad this man survived this close call but hope he gets ALL the help he needs.
News

Chicago, IL

#2491 Jul 30, 2009
papaadoc wrote:
Don't know how many of you get the Steger News, but did anyone besides me notice there was NO coverage of the village manager being eliminated at the last meeting? I would think that was a pretty big story, but not a word. This forum seems to be the only place that tells us what is going on in Steger.
I don't think I will be renewing when the time comes.
So MANY things that make you go "HHMMM !"

Since: Apr 08

Matteson, IL

#2492 Jul 30, 2009
papaadoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed...the more I thought about this the madder I got.
concerned 2

United States

#2493 Jul 30, 2009
hey, does anyone know what happened by the railroad tracks by the Shell gas station in Steger? I heard a homeless person was hit by the train. How crazy.
Bruce

Chicago Heights, IL

#2494 Jul 30, 2009
Megan wrote:
In general, The Steger News is completely ridiculous and irrelevant.
Oh, yeah, that's right since it didn't involve you it is ridiculous and irrelevent. All news has meaning to someone. Don't be soooo insensitive. Too bad many of your former problems have come to the suburbs, like Steger!!!
info man

Palos Hills, IL

#2495 Jul 31, 2009
papaadoc wrote:
<quoted text>
First when setting up computer stings to catch these idiots that think they are meeting a little girl or boy, they would get suspicious if they wanted to meet in the town they live in.(parents or neighbors might see) Neutral ground is always better and ther bay guy is less nervous. And to answer all of the people about why all the information was not reported at 10 pm. Police do not release information on an accident until the investigation is closed and the victims or victims families are notified. And papadoc I also here the 4 armed robbers were arrested and charged.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remembering Old Time Harvey (Mar '10) 20 hr Pete 273
News Community News (Apr '14) Jul 22 BerniesFriend 6
midlothian is booming and oak forest is looking... Jul 19 Marcos 5
Oak Forest high school Jul 18 OF supporter 11
Oak Forest is the new Midlothian Jul 18 OF supporter 4
steger water (Mar '08) May '17 Glo 36
Bloom Trial High School (Feb '08) Dec '16 Bad Times At Bloom 188

Steger Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance