First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Someone Who Cares

United States

#1 Jan 3, 2007
I went to Steele Missouri in november I was thinking about moving there.That was until I noticed how bad it really was the streets are covered with trash.The houses look like they are going to fall down and the apts are so bad that they should be condemd.It was really sad and sicking.i noticed that the apts that were for low income families were in better shape than the ones that were'nt low income.I saw what they called the HOOD and I seen alot of people standing outside late at night where they tell me there are lots of shooting going on,Just today they found a little white dog that had been shot by some low life.The police there look like they are scared and if they are'nt I what to know why they have'nt done something about steele.I know theres alot of drugs and crime going on there.God its Sick.I could never move there.There is NO Pride in that Town.
So people of Steele Please take Pride in something and Clean that Town up and start standing up for yourselfs and The children.The childen deserve better they did'nt ask to be born.Its not a SIN to be POOR its a Sin.Just because its a poor town does'nt mean you can clean it UP.
Stop fight and trashing the town and killing harmless animals and Get a job and buy some Damm trash bags.
just say no

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jan 3, 2007
you should report those people to humane society..or to county or something...as far as steele goes some of the people are nice and I think their mayor is trying, some of the cops are good but I think they have a lack of serious law enforcement you hear shootings and stabbings yet a low arrest rate..I don't know..I think that as far as schools go south pem is supposed to be great...

but next time report the animal stuff maybe something can be done
Steele Resident

Wardell, MO

#3 Jan 5, 2007
You came, you saw, and you left....now you wish to point out the towns short comings instead of applying your words to action. Every town and city has a "Hood," with criminal acts. Yes, South Pemiscot Schools are good, I'm a graduate of it. I use to think they were too strick, but now, as a parent, I see it as a great thing. If you know of any programs of funding that promote a better town or city please notify the Mayor's office. Those of us here would love to see our town beautified. Not all areas are slums, there are actually some very beautiful neighborhoods here...but like most events we experience, the negative always stand out in one's mind more than the positive. Perhaps you could start a program and put your worried words into a positive action.
just say no

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jan 5, 2007
and that is a good point steele resident, we hear the bad about caruthersville so much and don't like it..I should have stuck my comment to reporting bad animal incidents...However I agree I hear nothing but great things about the school, and while I do not live there, I really should keep my big mouth shut on the rest...it is your town and you love it

You have a good mayor I believe, it sounds like he is bringing in grants, and you have had some industry..

you have bad apples like we do, but I probably opened my mouth before I engaged my brain the other night, my apologies to you and your town..
someone who cares

United States

#5 Jan 8, 2007
Well I dont think we should keep our mouth shut,Your right I dont live there but my family as lived there all thier lives.So I really was thinking about moving there.I feel like there are some good people there but I dont think any one of you are really doing that much to better your town.Why dont you all put your heads togather and make and weekend to clean up the town and help the poor do work on thier houses.the town also need something for the kids to do that can help keep them off the streets.Something that dont cost a lot because I know there are a lot of families there that dont have much.I think if the shooting and behavior continues in the HOOD maybe you need more police.Iam really not trying to put anyone down I just think that people there are turning thier heads to the problems.The only thing I saw to do there was go to the BAR or to the dollar store.
Im sorry if thats harsh but how the hell do they expect to have good kids when theres nothing to do but go to the hood for excitement.
PROUD STEELE RESIDENT

Forest Hill, LA

#6 Jan 9, 2007
THIS IS ADDRESSED TO: SOMEONE WHO CARES

I WOULD LIKE YOU TO TELL EVERYONE JUST WHY YOU WANT TO LEAVE THE PLACE YOU LIVE IN AT THIS TIME? IT IS TRUE THAT WE HAVE OUR SHARE OF PROBLEMS BUT THE ONLY MURDER WE HAVE HAD HERE IN GOD'S COUNTRY "STEELE' IN THE PAST THREE OR FOUR YEARS WAS SOLVED BY OUR LOCAL POLICE DEPARTMENT SOLVED THE MURDER AND HAD THE SUSPECT IN CUSTODY AND THE WEAPON IN EVIDENCE IN A MATTER OF APPROXIMATELY 2 MINUTES FROM THE TIME THE 911 CALL CAME INTO THE SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT.

ALSO, WE DO HAVE A DRUG PROBLEM HERE NOT ONLY IN OUR TOWN, BUT OUR ENTIRE AREA AND MOST AREAS IN THIS STATE AND A LOT OF OTHERS AS WELL. THAT COULD BE PARTIALLY DUE TO TEH FACT THAT OUR COUNTY IS ONE OF THE POOREST COUNTIES IN THE STATE!

ALSO, SINCE YOU ARE SOMEONE WHO CARES, MAYBE YOU WOULD LIKE TO MOVE HERE WITH AN OPEN MIND AND TRY AND HELP BE A PART OF THE SOLUTION INSTEAD OF PART OF THE PROBLEM? YEAH RIGHT... ON SECOND THOUGHT WHY DON'T YOU KEEP YOUR TAIL WHEREVER YOU MAY THINK IS BETTER FOR YOU AND THEN WE WILL NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SOMEONE IN OUR SMALL TOWN OFFENDING YOU IN ANY WAY, AS I AM SURE NOONE IN OUR LITTLE TOWN WOULD EVER WANT TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS!

WHY DON'T YOU GET ON HERE AND TELL US A LITTLE ABOUT THE SPOTLESS TOWN OR CITY IN WHICH YOU LIVE? OH YES, AND IF YOU DONM'T MIND WOULD YOU PLEASE TELL US HOW MANY POLICE OFFICERS YOU HAVE AND IF YOU HAVE ANY BAD NEIGHBORHOODS, OR BAD PEOPLE OR BAD HABITS IN YOUR TOWN? I AM SURE YOU DO NOT! LOL

ALSO, I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT WE HAVE A SMALL TOWN AND A SMALL POLICE DEPARTMENT, AND THEY WORK WELL WITH THE PEMISCOT COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT AND THE MISSOURI STATE HIGHWAY PATROL, AND THE OTHER LOCAL DEPARTMENTS AROUND THE COUNTY, AS WELL AS THE BOOTHEEL DRUG TASK FORCE!

I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE STEELE POLICE DEPARTMENT ALONG WITH THE STEELE CITY COUNCIL, WITH HELP FROM THE LOCAL BUSINESSES AND CITIZENS OF THE AREA PURCHASED A K-9 TO BE USED FOR BOTH NARCOTICS AND PATROL.

I ALSO KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THE STEELE POLICE ASSISTED THE PEMISCOT COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT AND THE BOOTHEEL DRUG TASK FORCE AND CITY OF CARUTHERSVILLE AND CITY OF HAYTI PD OFFICERS, AND THE U.S. MARSHALL'S SERVICE IN SERVING SEVERAL DRUG WARRANTS THROUGHOUT THE COUNTY AND TEH STEELE AREA!

MAYBE IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP TEH STEELE COMMUNITY SO MUCH, YOU SHOULD MOVE HERE, AND CONTACT THE LOCAL POLICE OR SHERIFF'S OFFICE OR DRUG TASK FORCE AND OFFER TO WORK UNDERCOVER AS A CONTROLLED INFORMANT TO HELP GET THE DRUGS AND DRUG DEALERS OFF THE STREETS?

WELL, IT WAS JUST A THOUGHT. BESIDES I AM SURE YOU HAVE NO REAL I DEAL OF WHAT A BAD AREA OF TOWN IS LIKE OR DRUG PROBLEMS OR POVERTY, OR HARD TIMES, WHEN THERE ARE NOT AS MANY JOBS IN THE AREA AS THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR WORK, NOW DO YOU?

INSTEAD OF POINTING A FINGER AND MAKING STATEMENTS ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK YOU MAY KNOW OR YOU MAY HAVE SAW WHILE ON A BRIEF VISIT TO OUR COMMUNITY WHY DO YOU NOT TAKE THAT TIME YOU ARE WASTING ON HERE MOANING ABOUT OUR TOWN AND USE ALL THAT WASTED ENERGY YOU SEEM TO HAVE AND KEEP YOUR BUT WHERE YOU ARE AND HELP THAT COMMUNITY INSTEAD OF LOOKING TO RUN OUT ON THEM! IN ALL HONESTY I FEEL AS I AM SURE MOST OF US HERE IN STEELE PROBABLY DO, THAT WE REALLY DO NOT NEED YOU HERE AND THAT WE CAN AND DO AND WILL TAKE CARE OF OUR TOWN TO THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY WITHOUT ANY HELP FROM NOSEY, LOUD MOUTHED PEOPLE LIKE YOU!

SINCERELY,

JOHN Q. PUBLIC
CITIZEN OF STEELE
AND VERY PROUD OF IT!
Some Info

United States

#7 Jan 9, 2007
I am fixing to apply to the steele police department and just for the record, their police department is not shabby by no means, they have good officers and a good department as a whole! every town around here has a drug problem, it's not just steele, every town had a hood and run down houses, ect. so before running down 1 town, check out the others, you'll find kennett for example is twice as big and has twice the problems.
just say no

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Jan 9, 2007
I think you see more of the drug problem in Steele because it is entry point to state basically. Also it is smaller town and remember you never hear the good things, only bad...the mayor is good I hear and the police dept pretty good, every department has its problems, I could complain about one or two officers here that I would personally consider useless, but as with anything, there is good and bad. I think we really need to concentrate on the drug problem county wide, and you are right it is scary how much it dominates the area.
Lovely examples

United States

#9 Jan 11, 2007
Lovely examples get all the attention even though they do not want to be known or talked about.
Someone who cares

United States

#10 Feb 16, 2007
I think u all are taking this alittle far.Acting like a bunch of haters because someone said something you didn't like.Look around everything I said was true.
Except I dont personaly know the police there and they might just be the best people there.I just think they could use a few more.If I lived there I would be more than happy to help anyone there.The reason Steele looked so bad to me was'nt the people,it was the trash all over the streets.So why dont you all quit bitching at me online,and use this valuable time to clean up your town your so damm proud of.God knows I'm not a mean person.
I'm just saying put alittle love in STEELE MO it needs it.

United States

#11 Feb 16, 2007
the only problem i have with steele is the streets they are so bad if a ambulance tries to get to an elderly beside flash mart or even a child in need they would flip and kill innacent people the road is so bad WHERE IS STEELE ROAD TAXES GOING? as far as apartments they are in great shape it aint the houses there it is the people living in them......But it is there business how they choose to live.
Un-Common Sense

United States

#12 Feb 19, 2007
Do tell me what kind of government grant or tax-payer funded program it would take to get people in steele to clean their yards and stop throwing trash in the streets?

Many years ago the *elite* in steele (who wouldn't even qualify as middle class in St louis) decided that any part of town southwest of the steele ditch was trash and not worth the effort. Since then all the taz dollars have gone into keeping up the area of town where the *elite* live. I can't really blame them. If I was living there... I wouldn't want to drive on roads full of pot holes and watch my property value fall while my tax money went toward fixing streets so that drug dealers and welfare queens could have an easier time getting in and out of the projects.
Blythe-VILLIAN

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#13 Feb 19, 2007
What do you expect from a town that elected a mayor that was busted cooking meth while in office!

Since: Feb 07

Westwego, LA

#14 Feb 25, 2007
Whoa! the Mayor was busted for cooking Meth? omg.

So, tell me...How's the employment and housing in Steele?

Westwego, LA

#16 Feb 25, 2007
I honestly and sincerely don't mean to sound rude however, aren't you from C'ville?
Like I wrote and was/am serious
Don't mean to be rude.

Westwego, LA

#18 Feb 25, 2007
My 1st hubby whom I recently got in and then lost contact with lives in a 3 bedroom with his brother and teenage nephew and is paying less than $500.00 a month sounds like the rent isn't bad there.
just say no

Kansas City, MO

#19 Feb 25, 2007
but better check conditons of property
Un-Common Sense

United States

#20 Feb 26, 2007
That's actually pretty high rent for steele.

That's because there is NOTHING within 20 miles that pays much more than minimum wage and even those jobs are not abundant. From portageville all the way south to Steele Mill there is nothing that pays more than poverty wages other than the shipyard in Cville and even they don't pay what they should considering the danger those guys are in out there.
WAH WAH

Caruthersville, MO

#21 Feb 27, 2007
Steele is unlike no other rural community. It has its highs and its lows. A really good school district there. They have the Payne scholarship program. I know many good people in and from Steele. Any other community in the area has its older neighborhoods and its newer ones too.
No Body

Saint Louis, MO

#23 Mar 1, 2007
Blythe-VILLIAN wrote:
What do you expect from a town that elected a mayor that was busted cooking meth while in office!
Do you hear me now!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steele Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin Rash 1 hr guest 6
anisa from the liquor store on meth? 12 hr Pssst 2
Hot Biker Sat guest 1
night owls club house (Jul '12) Sat Sons of Anarchy w... 4
hangout Sat alexis 2
The Bible warns us of Barack Obama (Mar '08) Sat amazing 200
House to rent (Jun '14) Thu wondering 31
More from around the web

Steele People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE