First Prev
of 2
Next Last
No name

Steele, MO

#1 Jan 18, 2013
Wow really..drugs are really getting out of hand of this town and school do any body agree with me
absolutely

Dexter, MO

#2 Jan 18, 2013
No name wrote:
Wow really..drugs are really getting out of hand of this town and school do any body agree with me
Quite a few kids have been in trouble for drugs and caught with them. It is a huge problem. But you can't do nothing about it. Even if you report seeing them doing them while walking home won't nothing get done.
absolutely

Steele, MO

#3 Jan 18, 2013
There must be another absolutely. I hope I have better grammer. The best way with kids is to be involved in their lives from a very young age, teach the well and earn their respect. You have to keep them off drugs, getting them off drugs is really hard.
absolutely

United States

#4 Jan 19, 2013
absolutely wrote:
There must be another absolutely. I hope I have better grammer. The best way with kids is to be involved in their lives from a very young age, teach the well and earn their respect. You have to keep them off drugs, getting them off drugs is really hard.
The screen name "absolutely" is not highlighted in blue, leading me to believe it is not a taken screen name, but in fact, an open screen name. You, however, have a grammatical typo.("teach the well and earn their respect.") Should read, "teach THEM well and earn their respect." Please don't even begin with a spelling and grammar lesson. Sad fact is, drugs are an issue at school. The school has many unresolved issues pertaining to this. If parents are teaching their children well, earning their respect, not abusing their children, working to provide a comfortable living environment for those children, and they still get into drugs? All warning signs missed, including teachers missing them, whose fault must it be then? I know a few teens using drugs and their parents would have never suspected! It happens! Where do they go from there? Stop placing blame on good parents because apparently teachers miss all those same exact warning signs as well. It is a community problem. Then it becomes a legal system problem!

Steele, MO

#5 Jan 19, 2013
Wait, most teachers have kids for 45 to 50 minutes a day. How are they suppose to catch the signs if the parents don't. It kills me when people think its the teacher's job to raise their kids for them. There are a lot of parents in this town doing drugs and you think their kids don't know it or get to a point where they do the same? Its kind of hard for doped out parents to tell their kids don't do drugs. THE problem today is most parents are so into themselves they don't have time for their kids.
really

Dexter, MO

#6 Jan 19, 2013
guest wrote:
Wait, most teachers have kids for 45 to 50 minutes a day. How are they suppose to catch the signs if the parents don't. It kills me when people think its the teacher's job to raise their kids for them. There are a lot of parents in this town doing drugs and you think their kids don't know it or get to a point where they do the same? Its kind of hard for doped out parents to tell their kids don't do drugs. THE problem today is most parents are so into themselves they don't have time for their kids.
If your response is all that you took from the other above response, well now that's just a shame. What I got from it was, that it is possible to miss the signs even as a parent, just as easily it is for a teacher to miss the same signs. No one said anything about teachers raising our children. The drug epidemic is a "Community" problem!
Yo yo

Steele, MO

#7 Jan 19, 2013
I just say they should just drug test them all..and the positive ones should be talk to

Steele, MO

#8 Jan 20, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text> If your response is all that you took from the other above response, well now that's just a shame. What I got from it was, that it is possible to miss the signs even as a parent, just as easily it is for a teacher to miss the same signs. No one said anything about teachers raising our children. The drug epidemic is a "Community" problem!
That is what I got from it. It said the school has some unresolved issues and then teachers miss the signs. YOu know years ago I smoked pot and my parents never caught it but they grew up out in the country back in the 30s never exposed. Parents today know about drugs, probably experimented themselves or knew someone who did. Parents today have been educated, not like my parents. So a parent today that is missing it, is not looking. As far as the school and teachers they might know it but before you accuse a kid you better have hard proof. As far as raising your kids, do it. Check their rooms, check their cars, their backpaks, unless you are one of those parents that don't want to invade their privacy under your roof. My kid had no privacy under my roof. I bought the roof, the furniture and everything in my kids room, if I thought my kid was doing something Id check. Why, because I cared about my kid.

Dexter, MO

#9 Jan 20, 2013
One of the biggest problems with drug use of children in this community is that the children have grown up or are growing up watching the parents party and using drugs with their "friends" and watching, in some cases, their parents selling and manufacturing drugs. There are many parents in this community that believe that drug use is okay and in some instances they teach their children, at an early age, to accept drugs as part of their daily routine. Others think they are so cleaver that the children can't figure out what is going on. It is sad!
abusive teachers

Bellevue, WA

#10 Jan 20, 2013
What about the teachers that abuse the children in cooter school and has been doing this for a long time and the school covers for this! Tie after tme ihav ben witness and did something about i and it still continues! If the children abuse he teachers they are repremanded! The teachers and coaches arent! No wonder some kids act up get crap at home and school cant win for loosing! Cooter school has alot of cleaning up its self to do!!!
wow

Magee, MS

#11 Jan 20, 2013
What about the teachers setting a bad example for the kid's by doing drugs? It's painfully obvious that a certain teacher can't keep her head straight. Sinus problems but a$$. Why not drug test teachers before allowing them in a classroom with our children.
Rajon Rondo

Kennett, MO

#12 Jan 21, 2013
I say you should mind your own business, if they aren't your kids, than don't worry about it!
abusive teachers

Bellevue, WA

#14 Jan 24, 2013
Rajon Rondo wrote:
I say you should mind your own business, if they aren't your kids, than don't worry about it!
Hey retard! Dont u think the ones complaining are the parents of the students Duh dumbass!!
duh DA

Alexandria, VA

#15 Jan 24, 2013
abusive teachers wrote:
<quoted text>Hey retard! Dont u think the ones complaining are the parents of the students Duh dumbass!!
Yet your complaining on topix instead of to the state board! Because you know you don't have a leg to stand on or we wouldn't be hearing this your lawyer and state board would be!
Rajon Rondo

Kennett, MO

#16 Jan 25, 2013
Hey retard, you said they should drug test all of them, surely all of em aint yours, if you got that many baby mammas from Steele, I don't even wanna know what all stds you have!
wow

Magee, MS

#17 Jan 25, 2013
Maybe you should proof read before responding to a post. TEACHERS, should be drug tested you idiot. STONED teachers in the classroom teaching your children, is what I was referring to.
Rajon Rondo

Kennett, MO

#18 Jan 26, 2013
Hey 'wow' I wasn't talkin ta you, I was talkin to 'Yo Yo' and 'Abusive Teachers.'
Parent

Dexter, MO

#19 Apr 12, 2013
High school teachers needs drug tested ones that has friends that they hang with that uses an she has said he has good weed
Dwayne Wade

Kennett, MO

#20 Apr 12, 2013
Hey Parent, do yourself a favor, try obtaining a GED. Nevermind, you wouldn't be able to pass the Grammar section of the test..
#Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, you just got told by Dwayne Wade!!!!
Chance

Steele, MO

#21 Apr 30, 2013
I looked at my personal property tax receipt and saw who got most of my taxes and it was (schools). I find three areas in these schools, one-bullying,two-drugs,three-b ias in sports. Why can't the school bring in someone, or have classes for the kids that are being bullied. Teach them how to handle a bullie. No need for another child to hang themself. Drug possession, and etc.Definately shows no respect for the system.Don't need another death here either... There are well known things that can be done in these areas.Sports, remember the child's character is what we are suppose to be building,winning or losing later. All the tax dollars that are paid by us, and the schools can't do anything about any of these problems.I have a problem understanding why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steele Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Regulators 26 min the truth 21
parents that don't pay child support 34 min I know 8
another lawsuit 17 hr guest 52
garage 23 hr Guest 11
Amanda an Little Duck Sun its true 3
James Wilson Sat Hmmm 1
lights on Z hiway Sat guest 26
Steele Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web