traveling 54 in the winter

Posted in the Steedman Forum

Wondering

Salem, MO

#1 Aug 9, 2013
Hello! Looking for comments on experience of commuting on 54 in the winter. Going from Fulton towards Jeff City. Are the roads pretty well cleared and safe when you get snow/ice and do you get a lot of that in the winter there? Looking at moving to Fulton area for a job and like the selection of houses better in Holts Summit but concerned about the commute in the winter.
Joey

United States

#2 Sep 2, 2013
Since 54 is a 4 lane main thoroughfare, it is one of the first ones hit during storms. I would much rather have to drive 54 to work in the winter than one of these two lane state roads.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steedman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Justn Adams Oct 17 Kat 1
Fulton diner Sep '14 Mizzou21 1
Review: Pleasant Grove Church Sep '14 littlenana 1
Recipe Exchange: Recipes recall Shoney's specialty (Oct '07) Sep '14 jackiepitt 20
young women needs furniture Sep '14 Betty hemp 1
Help find Charlotte. Contact jeff@slwilliamson.com Sep '14 Help Miss Charlotte 1
Help find Charlotte. Lost at EB I70 parking are... Sep '14 Help Miss Charlotte 1
Steedman Dating
Find my Match

Steedman Jobs

Steedman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Steedman News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Steedman

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]