6,389 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Confidant

Saint Louis, MO

#7187 Jun 14, 2013
I was told by a St. Louis Animal Activist that Jason Smith, the one who just won, has family run puppy mills. True?
hopeless

Olathe, KS

#7191 Jul 7, 2013
Confidant wrote:
I was told by a St. Louis Animal Activist that Jason Smith, the one who just won, has family run puppy mills. True?
It is not true that all dog breeders are puppy mills ! Not sure of the exact number of kennels that have been shut down in Mo. since prop B But I believe the number is around 1200 kennels.
Hello

Garden City, MO

#7193 Jul 16, 2013
Heard about the calavary group.They support and fight for the right to breed animals.I googled them.So if their are any type of animal breeders reading this post you might ck in with this group.
lucy

Ozark, MO

#7194 Jul 18, 2013
I know lots of good animal breeders. They have gotten a bad rap from the one's that don't follow the rules.
Debra T.

Foristell, MO

#7196 Jul 19, 2013
My question is, why aren't hunting dogs and puppies covered in this "puppy" mill bill? Lots of puppies are kept in cages and don't have access to adequate food n water and have to live in feces. Just curious?
terry

Saint Louis, MO

#7197 Jul 20, 2013
stop this
Against The Bill

Saint Louis, MO

#7198 Jul 20, 2013
Really have you no heart just really? It is obvious you don't care about animals. FORCING male dogs to fight to the death is cruel. Would you like it if you got put in prison and the guards let everyone in your cell and beat you to the death? That is how those dogs feel. Think about it. Using puppies for fish bait what the hell? Fish aren't attracted to puppies they are attracted to things that stink. Like your attitude for example. You would make good fish bait with that attitude of yours.
Forcing female dogs to have puppies is like forcing rape. Those dogs may not want puppies, if they wanted puppies they should be able to do that on their own WITHOUT anybody forcing them. So next time do us all a favor, choose a better attitude. You wouldn't like it to well if someone forced you to have kids against your will, now would you? We may have to put up with "Libs" but it's better than abusing poor innocent animals.
Animals are supposed to be for love, affection, & protection, not abuse, neglect, & cruel what some people call "entertainment." Really if you want entertainment, then go buy something called a television, radio, or computer,just don't abuse them they did nothing. These poor animals can't fend for themselves unlike humans. So just think of that next time.
Think I got my point across.
Animal wrote:
Don't worry folks...it only applies to 10 or more Female Breeding dogs. We can still fight the males and use the left over puppies for fish bait. Vote Yes and get the Libs off your back.
Hello

Yates Center, KS

#7199 Jul 21, 2013
How can a female dog be forced to have sex? Does that also mean that all the cows in the pasture with the bull are forced to have sex.And all the chickens in the hen house with he rooster are forced to have sex.Animales do not mate uless they are in heat.
Wake Up

Saint Louis, MO

#7200 Jul 21, 2013
Well, I'm pretty sure if we caged you up, with no food, no water, and crammed in a cage. You wouldn't like it at all now would you? I think not. Hense the word "CAGES" with that many animals in one cage, do you really think it wouldn't get hot? Let's throw you in a cage, with a bunch of men, that haven't had a female in a while and see what happens. Please wake up and get a clue.
Hello wrote:
How can a female dog be forced to have sex? Does that also mean that all the cows in the pasture with the bull are forced to have sex.And all the chickens in the hen house with he rooster are forced to have sex.Animales do not mate uless they are in heat.
john

Saint Louis, MO

#7201 Jul 21, 2013
dont cageme
nature

Lenexa, KS

#7202 Jul 21, 2013
To wake up! Lol Animal breeders don't put a female animal in a pen with several males.How would they know who the father was.In order to reg a litter of puppies or cows etc.u have to know who the parents are.Litters are DNA.
Stupid bill

United States

#7203 Jul 21, 2013
It's a stupid bill. I use to work for some people who had a dog kennel and took good care of their dogs. Because of stupid laws like prop b caused them to go bankrupt.
nature

Kansas City, MO

#7204 Jul 22, 2013
Stupid bill wrote:
It's a stupid bill. I use to work for some people who had a dog kennel and took good care of their dogs. Because of stupid laws like prop b caused them to go bankrupt.
That is right.A lot of people lost their jobs due to this bill.
SpecialRed

Columbus, IN

#7205 Jul 27, 2013
Stupid bill wrote:
People are still losing their livelihoods over this bill. The rules keep increasing until 2016. Then, the animal rights activists will regroup with additional demands. In the meantime, my grandmother (from Missouri) can't afford a dog that will grow up to fit on her lap. Not everybody wants to feed a pound mutt. If you want to buy a dog from rescue, that's fine, but don't argue that this bill was for animal welfare and then make a loophole for the vets, for the animal shelters and for the hunting dogs.
grave digger

West Plains, MO

#7206 Jul 27, 2013
SpecialRed wrote:
<quoted text>
People are still losing their livelihoods over this bill. The rules keep increasing until 2016. Then, the animal rights activists will regroup with additional demands. In the meantime, my grandmother (from Missouri) can't afford a dog that will grow up to fit on her lap. Not everybody wants to feed a pound mutt. If you want to buy a dog from rescue, that's fine, but don't argue that this bill was for animal welfare and then make a loophole for the vets, for the animal shelters and for the hunting dogs.
go to springfeild missouri,,,when you try and adopt a pound pet there they tell you no,,,cuz you dont live in springfeild,,,its all a scam,,,they said your town has a pound so adopt there,,,but this towns pound is full of cats in the building and 5 miles away in front of some mobile home on a gravel road is a fenced in area for the dogs part,,,all outside,,,so the springfeild pound sucks as bad as the cat pound we have around these parts,,,and you know what they say,,,when you see a 1000 stray cats walking around a towns streets,,,this is a sure sign of a town full of witchcraft,,,and this town dont only have a inside full to the brim cat pound,,,it also has 1000 stray cats walking around the streets,,,ha haa haaa,,,if you want to have some puppies then sell them,,,just sell them and screw this law,,,ha haa haaa,,,
Dog gone

Farmington, MO

#7207 Jul 28, 2013
We need to get it right!!
Christine Stansberry

Overland Park, KS

#7208 Jul 28, 2013
Dog breeding has gotten completely out of hand. No one should make a profit on the misery of animals. Unfortunately, my home state has the worst record of any state in allowing puppy mills. And any business that has more than, at most, six mother dogs is a
puppy mill. No one can adequately care for the health of dozens of puppies unless they hire a lot of
help...and that doesn't happen.
what a pity

Garden City, MO

#7209 Jul 28, 2013
One day their will No dogs.Because they were forbidden to breed.And maybe we will be forbidden to eat any type of meat.And maybe we will be ruled on how many chidren we can have.Will we be ok with that .Most likely yes.
Barbara West

Hopewell, VA

#7210 Jul 29, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
I will vote No cause it is a stupid bill. My dad has a kennel that he takes very good care of the dogs he has in it. They already have laws that should be enforced by the government and police instead of adding more to it.
Missouri has just about the WORST reputation when it comes to Puppy Mills.. YES... something has to be done... Hoping people won't listen to the crap and scare tactics... vote YES...

put a stop to some of the abuse ... anyone remember that Radar Woman? OMG she had nearly 200 dogs...lived in pure filth... that stuff has to be stopped
Shame

Lenexa, KS

#7211 Jul 29, 2013
Well it is a shame if any animal is abused.However it is also a shame when any animal is taken out of it's natural habita.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steedman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Raytown Romeo Back in Action (Dec '09) 6 hr smh 333
Justn Adams Oct 17 Kat 1
Fulton diner Sep 22 Mizzou21 1
Review: Pleasant Grove Church Sep '14 littlenana 1
Recipe Exchange: Recipes recall Shoney's specialty (Oct '07) Sep '14 jackiepitt 20
young women needs furniture Sep '14 Betty hemp 1
Help find Charlotte. Contact jeff@slwilliamson.com Sep '14 Help Miss Charlotte 1
Steedman Dating
Find my Match

Steedman Jobs

Steedman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Steedman News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Steedman

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]