Wet-Dry petition verified

Wet-Dry petition verified

There are 3 comments on the McCreary County Record story from Jul 3, 2012, titled Wet-Dry petition verified. In it, McCreary County Record reports that:

As Somerset voters were opting to go wet by just over 700 votes last Tuesday, a local resident was filing a petition for McCreary County to hold its own referendum on alcohol sales.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at McCreary County Record.

Gina mcconnell

Lancing, TN

#1 Jul 14, 2012
I think by going wet it would bring in alot of money for the county. I believe a person has the right to have a few drinks after a hard days work. Why should somerset & winfield & oneida get the money for alcohol sales, when our county could make the money & use it to benefit MCcreary county. It could be used to fix roads, to help out with schools & to people get a job, i"ve been looking for about 5 months to try & find a job theres no- one out here in our county hiring 52 year olds . I feel opening up alcohol sales would do good for our county, the county we call home...
Sarah

Stearns, KY

#2 Jul 14, 2012
I agree with you Gina. We need to go wet. It could bring a lot to this county. People are going to drink no matter how far they have to drive to get it so why not make it closer. Closer=Safer for some.
say no to alcohol

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Aug 29, 2012
Didn't happen !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stearns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Informants 2 hr Tina 13
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Blacklagoon 163,813
Jailtracker (Aug '10) 11 hr Mmm 82
News Toddler found walking to Wal-Mart, mom arrested 14 hr Kyboy 6
Tragic 14 hr k k k 262
Autumn King 15 hr Joey 13
Miesha wooldridge 23 hr Trashy 2

Stearns Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stearns Mortgages