Pres. won't guarantee Aug. SS checks

Pres. won't guarantee Aug. SS checks

Posted in the Stearns Forum

Wondering

Whitley City, KY

#1 Jul 12, 2011
"Obama said today he can't guarantee that Social Security checks will go out after Aug. 2, unless Congress agrees to increase the $14.3 trillion debt ceiling." David Jackson, USA TODAY

Sounds like this county's getting ready to see some hard times.
not surprised

Wartburg, TN

#2 Jul 13, 2011
Is that a shock? America enables more people to not work, and to depend solely on the system. Solution is to let those that cannot survive, fall to the waste side. Those that have worked, and are dependent upon Social Security and Medicare receive far less than those that never worked. Its the disability check that should receive revamping as well as the Food stamp program. Its time to cut the hand-outs OUT. Is this a radical concept? Its either get the over fed rats off the ship or sink with them.
roco

Sunbright, TN

#3 Jul 14, 2011
take out the welfare and free assistance to illegal immigrants! As far as disabilty checks goes. It should only be available to those who HAVE paid into the system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stearns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 22 min Don Barros Serrano 148,907
Homewreckin Women 9 hr County Wide 1
any1 how has info 17 hr any1 that has info 1
pit bulls Sat Ace 1
Whitley Girls Basketball (Feb '12) Sat dicky V 87
Matt Cordell (Aug '09) Jun 24 JT Morgan 29
Name a drug dealer!!!! Jun 23 I know the truth 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stearns Mortgages