Duncans old general store??

Duncans old general store??

Posted in the Stearns Forum

newstome

Columbia, SC

#1 Jun 22, 2011
I am trying to find out if there is still an old general store located near the junction of Marsh Creek Raod and US 27 at Strunk. I was there some years back and I think the name of the place was Duncans Store. They had stuff piled all the way to the ceiling and some unusual old time merchandise there.
yep

Oneida, TN

#2 Aug 4, 2011
They are still there and in business.
Windell

Lebanon, KY

#3 Aug 11, 2011
Good to hear!
newstome

Columbia, SC

#4 Aug 11, 2011
yep wrote:
They are still there and in business.
Thanks
know alot

Whitley City, KY

#5 Aug 22, 2011
I've been going to this store for years, and I still do. I get some of my gardening and small farm supplies most feed and etc, from Bobby and his wife. I'm a close relative of Bobby's and he and his wife are the most goodhearted folks I've ever known.
meee

Strunk, KY

#6 Aug 22, 2011
know alot wrote:
I've been going to this store for years, and I still do. I get some of my gardening and small farm supplies most feed and etc, from Bobby and his wife. I'm a close relative of Bobby's and he and his wife are the most goodhearted folks I've ever known.
since you know so much i imagine you are right , but it is true bobby and geneva are two very good people.
Rose

Whitley City, KY

#7 Aug 22, 2011
meee wrote:
<quoted text>
since you know so much i imagine you are right , but it is true bobby and geneva are two very good people.
Evidently my brother used my computer and put the name "know alot" on another topic and I accidentally used it as well. I apologize if you took this the wrong way, I guess next time before I post a comment I will be more careful and pay attention to the post name. LOL

But yes I really enjoy going in the store and having the long conversations that we have. I've enjoyed going into that store for many years and I intend to keep going as long as its still open. This is one of the "old fashion stores that still exists" I guess we better enjoy it while we can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stearns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 33 min ChromiuMan 149,009
dealers on poley ellis (Jan '11) 10 hr FACT 3
Homewrecker 16 hr hello 7
What's your opinion of friendship?? 16 hr hello 2
Leigh Burke/ Biard Of Ed. 20 hr Employee 4
Williamsburg plastics 22 hr hoe 1
How much money do you get for a ktap check (Sep '10) Thu She will lay with... 71

Stearns Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stearns Mortgages