Get out of Our Communities

Get out of Our Communities

Posted in the Stearns Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Run them out

Oneida, TN

#1 Aug 31, 2009
Put up signs to these drugs dealers so all will know who sells. If yard sale signs are allowed then signs to show what area these dangers are is legal too. Don't have to put down any names, just a sign where they are. The right of ways are perfectly open for signs, just like when they are having candidates running for elections. If they take them down just put up more. Just don't let them see you. Sober people can be just as persistant and are able to think clearer. All the drug dealers are our Public Enemy #1. For the safety and future of our children get rid of these scavengers.
skipper

Chatsworth, GA

#2 Aug 31, 2009
I think this is a really creative idea.The children in our county need all the help we can give them. If people just have the guts to stand up for them.Now lets see if anyone really wants to stand up to the call.
Clearly

Pine Knot, KY

#4 Sep 2, 2009
Run them out wrote:
Put up signs to these drugs dealers so all will know who sells. If yard sale signs are allowed then signs to show what area these dangers are is legal too. Don't have to put down any names, just a sign where they are. The right of ways are perfectly open for signs, just like when they are having candidates running for elections. If they take them down just put up more. Just don't let them see you. Sober people can be just as persistant and are able to think clearer. All the drug dealers are our Public Enemy #1. For the safety and future of our children get rid of these scavengers.
I can see it now "Drug Dealers That Way -->" lol.
Good idea, but I just don't see it happening without creating more violence.
The Way I seeit

Helenwood, TN

#5 Sep 5, 2009
How could we have more violence? When it comes to drugs we have just hit a new high for violence. Our kids are being targeted because most have a little spending money , the dealers know this and they go to any extreme to get it. They target the weak and the innocent. Yes, you can just say no. Look at the record of how many that just said no are hooked now. How many 15 to 35 year olds are addicted and even sell now to support their habit? Average age of your current thief in McCreary county is 22 years old. But they begin young and continue until they are convicted and serve time. Most return to this way of life after getting out of prison. It's a no win situation. If you have a rats nest, you have to get rid of the nest. Drug dealers are just that. A rats nest.
Not around You

Canada

#11 May 12, 2011
lol, i know the few people i got it from live kinda out in the stix, i really couldnt see me going out there putting up a sign.........

Kinda like what i seen in korea when we where in the red light district..Some of the doors has WHITE RICE outside letting u know, stay away GI, stay away..
Drinking

Oneida, TN

#12 May 12, 2011
You know drinking may be legal it still destroys families.

“True Blue”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#13 May 12, 2011
I believe this thread is about drugs, dealers and how we can rid our communities of the dangers and destruction associated with this type of life. If you have problems with somebody drinking I feel for you but do not compare drinking to drugging. Yes drinking too much and letting it control your life does destroy families. I believe drugs create a greater destruction and that destruction spreads to a larger problem. Most drunks will spend too much of their own legitimately worked for paychecks whereas a druggie steals from anyone to support the habit because they aren't able to ever earn enough money to buy all the drugs they need and want. Drunks rarely steal from strangers to buy booze, I said rarely, I did not say that they never stole. I'm sure some have. But the percentage that do is small when compared to an addict. Then why don't you think about the dealer who will take anything an addict brings for pay or trade or pawn for a fix, everything that addict brings is stolen. It starts out when the addict steals from themselves then moves up to family then moves on to anyone and anywhere else that they can steal something that in turn gets them that drug. And there's that good old dealer, always ready to make a deal! Dealers exist in all of our communities. It's up to you if they stay or leave.
Not around You

Canada

#14 May 12, 2011
Well, I dont consider pot a drug so, i mean it was here WAAAAAY before any of us and when u actually look @ it, it wasnt man made like the rest of the Narcotics.I want it legalized, i think it should be, and i know it will come its time.. Now, if we are talking about LIFE CHANGING Drugs, IE Heroine, Meth, even coke/crack and all the pills as well, yes i know what kind of area it is around there, and i think theres more of a PILL problem than anything.

I look @ it like this, u could take down every Drug dealer in that area and there will always be someone to step up and take his place..
meee

Columbia, SC

#15 May 12, 2011
Not around You wrote:
Well, I dont consider pot a drug so, i mean it was here WAAAAAY before any of us and when u actually look @ it, it wasnt man made like the rest of the Narcotics.I want it legalized, i think it should be, and i know it will come its time.. Now, if we are talking about LIFE CHANGING Drugs, IE Heroine, Meth, even coke/crack and all the pills as well, yes i know what kind of area it is around there, and i think theres more of a PILL problem than anything.
I look @ it like this, u could take down every Drug dealer in that area and there will always be someone to step up and take his place..
i can't exactly agree with some of this , the only thing i can remember in this area was rabbit tobacco and i never heard of anyone maimed, or killed with it , just real sick, you sound like the forest rangers about the bears, they may have been around before us , but they were in other places until they were reintroduced in this area , and if you are buying mj then eventually you will buy some laced with other drugs, if you want to smoke it then grow your own , on your own land and leave the friggin rest of us alone. don't forget there was never supposed to any problems with cigarette tobacco and i bet even your live has been touched by someone with cancer,fda , drug dealers and money hungry people will always find a way to get richer as you get more addicted, you think government control will help, ever here of avandia, the fda okayed for our citizens to take and it has been one of the most lethal diabetes drugs ever known, didn't stop them cause it worked real good till it overtook the immune system and other organs and now someones family can get money from it , but it won't bring back the one whose liver or heart just decided to quit working.don't be silly and blame everything on GOD, check into things.

“True Blue”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#16 May 13, 2011
Studies have proven marijuana use in men triggers schizophrenia and increases the paranoid tendencies. Clinical proof that this drug is not without it's own health risks. Marijuana is a gateway drug of introduction to other 'recreational' drugs and always has been.
The excuse made that when you take one dealer down another pops up to take that ones place is not a good enough reason to allow it to continue. You just take out the new one too. Simple. When you understand we are never giving up and never tiring then maybe you'll see it is not about us but about every dealer we can remove.
Drinking

Oneida, TN

#17 May 13, 2011
KyRedd wrote:
I believe this thread is about drugs, dealers and how we can rid our communities of the dangers and destruction associated with this type of life. If you have problems with somebody drinking I feel for you but do not compare drinking to drugging. Yes drinking too much and letting it control your life does destroy families. I believe drugs create a greater destruction and that destruction spreads to a larger problem. Most drunks will spend too much of their own legitimately worked for paychecks whereas a druggie steals from anyone to support the habit because they aren't able to ever earn enough money to buy all the drugs they need and want. Drunks rarely steal from strangers to buy booze, I said rarely, I did not say that they never stole. I'm sure some have. But the percentage that do is small when compared to an addict. Then why don't you think about the dealer who will take anything an addict brings for pay or trade or pawn for a fix, everything that addict brings is stolen. It starts out when the addict steals from themselves then moves up to family then moves on to anyone and anywhere else that they can steal something that in turn gets them that drug. And there's that good old dealer, always ready to make a deal! Dealers exist in all of our communities. It's up to you if they stay or leave.
I understand and agree with what you are saying. I haven't done drugs in 20 or so years including drinking. Within the month from my first drink I had used drugs. 90% of the addicts I know or their families I have talked to drinking was started way before any of the addicts drug use. I feel that drinking is equal to a gate way drug as pot is. Yes there are people who don't go on to drugs. Take a look at an addict if alcohol started before drug use.

“True Blue”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#18 May 13, 2011
Let me see if I understand what you're saying, alcohol causes drug use. Alcohol is the same cause of moving on to chemical dependence as marijuana. Did I say that correctly? Now, understand this, there are those who drink alcohol occasionally and do not have the addiction for it. Does that happen when someone smokes marijuana, snorts or shoots up cocaine or meth or heroine, etc.? What percentage of first time users become just occasional drug users? What percentage of dabblers use it once or twice and then drop it and never use again? How many old drunks do you know versus how many old drug addicts? Don't get me wrong, I am not condoning the alcoholic, I detest that in someone as much as I do drug addiction. But I will say this, almost all the time drinking does go hand in hand with drug use but drinking alone will not cause someone to become a drug addict. I know of a lot who turned to drugs that were not drinkers. But everyone has a different veiw of what they think is an excuse for addictions of any type. There is never a good enough excuse for any of it.
Get Real

Williamsburg, KY

#19 May 13, 2011
KyRedd wrote:
Studies have proven marijuana use in men triggers schizophrenia and increases the paranoid tendencies. Clinical proof that this drug is not without it's own health risks. Marijuana is a gateway drug of introduction to other 'recreational' drugs and always has been.
The excuse made that when you take one dealer down another pops up to take that ones place is not a good enough reason to allow it to continue. You just take out the new one too. Simple. When you understand we are never giving up and never tiring then maybe you'll see it is not about us but about every dealer we can remove.
Wow, I thought you had some sense.

Below is a little modern information for the information impaired.

ANNUAL AMERICAN DEATHS CAUSED BY DRUGS

TOBACCO .......... 400,000
ALCOHOL .......... 100,000
ALL LEGAL DRUGS ..........20,000
ALL ILLEGAL DRUGS ..........15,000
CAFFEINE ..........2,000
ASPIRIN ..........500
MARIJUANA .......... 0
----------
Source: United States government...
National Institute on Drug Abuse,
Bureau of Mortality Statistics

http://www.legalizationofmarijuana.com/

Here are some FACTS that you might stumble onto if you had any motivation or desire to know the truth.

The U.S. government’s own statistics show that over 75 percent of all Americans who use marijuana never use harder drugs. The gateway-drug theory is derived by using blatantly-flawed logic. Using such blatantly-flawed logic, alcohol should be considered the gateway drug because most cocaine and heroin addicts began their drug use with beer or wine–not marijuana.

Marijuana is not physically addicting. Medical studies rank marijuana as less habit forming than caffeine. The legal drugs of tobacco (nicotine) and alcohol can be as addicting as heroin or cocaine, but marijuana is one of the least habit forming substances known.
Get Real

Williamsburg, KY

#20 May 13, 2011
Where do you people get your information from, the 1930's?

Drugs are drugs. The people I know that are hooked and have been hooked on OC's meth and heroin, each and everyone started with alcohol that was taken without knowledge from parents, relatives, and/or neighbors.
Alcohol is a drug..deny? Well according to the CDC and FDA it is.
How can alcohol be blamed for 100,000 deaths each year?
5% of all deaths from diseases of the circulatory system are attributed to alcohol.
15% of all deaths from diseases of the respiratory system are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all deaths from accidents caused by fire and flames are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all accidental drownings are attributed to alcohol.
30% of all suicides are attributed to alcohol.
40% of all deaths due to accidental falls are attributed to alcohol.
45% of all deaths in automobile accidents are attributed to alcohol.
60% of all homicides are attributed to alcohol.

see Alcohol Consumption and Mortality, Alcohol poisoning deaths, Center for Disease Control report

100,000 deaths. That's more than a statistic. That is 100,000 individuals with faces. 100,000 individuals with lives not fully lived. 100,000 individuals grieved by mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, and children. Every year.

"Of all the substances of abuse, including heroin, cocaine, and marijuana. Alcohol produces by far the most serious neurobehavioral effects in the fetus." -Institute of Medicine 1996 Report to Congress

With that...I've tried and tried to find something but nowhere have I been able to locate where Marijuana, by its self, being attributed to any deaths. The health effects of using it are extremely similar to using tobacco, which is also legal.

The way it affects people is somewhat similar to Alcohol but without the aggressive tendencies, occasional violent outbursts and total disregard for the safety and well-being of self and others associated with an individual inebriated with alcohol.

“True Blue”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#21 May 13, 2011
The date of this information and release is as current as February 2011. I don't think it matters to most. Knowledge and experience tends to be in your favor since you claim to have witnessed long term effects of both drugs and alcohol. Still do you believe that an individual only introduces drugs into their life because they used alcohol first? I did not do a survey but you have. Annual American deaths from drugs- 35,000 tops. Currently. Does that include MVA's, homicides, suicides, o.d.'s and accidental deaths or is it just deaths from having taken drugs and destruction of the body?

"The research adds to the evidence that marijuana smoking may be dangerous for people with a family history of psychosis. TIME recently reported on a study that found that among 190 patients with schizophrenia, 121 of whom had used marijuana, cannabis appeared to affect the age of psychosis onset in a subgroup of 44 patients. The affected patients either had their first symptoms within a month of smoking pot for the first time, or experienced a severe worsening of psychotic symptoms each time they smoked."
Get Real

Oneida, TN

#22 May 13, 2011
KyRedd wrote:
The date of this information and release is as current as February 2011. I don't think it matters to most. Knowledge and experience tends to be in your favor since you claim to have witnessed long term effects of both drugs and alcohol. Still do you believe that an individual only introduces drugs into their life because they used alcohol first? I did not do a survey but you have. Annual American deaths from drugs- 35,000 tops. Currently. Does that include MVA's, homicides, suicides, o.d.'s and accidental deaths or is it just deaths from having taken drugs and destruction of the body?
"The research adds to the evidence that marijuana smoking may be dangerous for people with a family history of psychosis. TIME recently reported on a study that found that among 190 patients with schizophrenia, 121 of whom had used marijuana, cannabis appeared to affect the age of psychosis onset in a subgroup of 44 patients. The affected patients either had their first symptoms within a month of smoking pot for the first time, or experienced a severe worsening of psychotic symptoms each time they smoked."
Most cases I have seen started with alcohol and practically all of them were individuals who are seeking some kind of relief from a troubled or violent past. Some would call it "drowning your sorrows", bottom line is that people are hurting and there is no age limit on that and they in my opinion are looking in the wrong places for answers.

If you will look at the first sentence of your quote you will see that it says, "may" be dangerous for people with a family history of psychosis". Doesn't sound like proof to me.

Here's some of the rest of the report.

"The meta-analysis found that people who smoked marijuana developed psychotic disorders an average 2.7 years earlier than people who did not use cannabis. But the review also found that people who used any illegal drug suffered psychosis two years earlier than non-users, not a large difference.

While alcohol use was not associated with early onset, the studies reviewed could not rule out the influence of cigarette smoking, which is a common habit of people with psychotic disorders and those who smoke marijuana. In many of the countries from which the data was gathered, in fact, cannabis is typically smoked mixed with tobacco. The researchers argue that cigarette smoking—unlike marijuana— does not worsen hallucinations or paranoia in patients with schizophrenia, so they believe that tobacco does not account for earlier onset."

In the last sentence it says they, "believe". I believe they are wrong but like them I have no scientific proof to back my claim.

It goes on to say,

"Led by Mathew Large of the University of New South Wales in Australia, the authors of the new research review also focused on other factors that may have contributed to the association between pot smoking and early psychosis in previous studies. For instance, it's known that men are both more likely to take drugs and to develop psychosis at an earlier age than women, and the preponderance of men in past studies might have contributed to the connections found. It's also known that young people, including those who have schizophrenia, are more likely to smoke pot than older folks, so previous studies that put upper age limits on their participants could have overstated the marijuana-psychosis link."

Half way down it states, "might have contributed", no definitive proof there either. Then it ends with, "could have overstated the marijuana-psychosis link".

Marijuana is not for everyone but to me I thank God for all the herbs of the earth. He said that they are for the benefit of man. Can't argue with that.
meee

Columbia, SC

#23 May 13, 2011
all drugs originally come from plants, now man has the knowlege to make some drugs synthetically since some people are allergic to the different compounds used to make the drug more effective, i am an advocate of controlled drug use mostly because i have seen the effects of uncontrolled use and the effects of mj are faster to reach the blood stream and stay longer in the body than alcohol, if you can study and know the half life of herbs and or mj and they are over a certain strength then it becomes necessary to control their use to avoid mass death, when was the last time your dealer had enough sense or caring to advise never smoke this with that , drs are not all that smart they just have the knowledge to read the drug ingredients and they have learned how they work together , although at this time in history there are so many drugs and herbs that pharmacists and drs have to rely on a computer for compatibility, if your drug dealer has access to one of these cdc programs , please tell all the addicts because that is the one they need to buy from. you know meth makers have had to evolve into back room chemists to get their high because cocaine is so expensive(the plant from which it is derrived)and i am sure all these drug store cowboys on the street know that drano and battery acid has never hurt anyone , oh and new south wales yeah right , the USA is the most advanced country in the world in diagnosis and treatment with an expected outcome of fair to good, check into the life expectancy of other countries and you will be thankful for all those smucks who studied all those years to advise your azz on what to do to have a life expectancy between 70-85 yr. juan pounce de-leon died at age 42 , and his diagnosis was old age, with the continued rate that we develp drug store cowboys and wealthy care for no-ones we may see ours digress to a long hard short life. the cdc (the center for disease control), the first cousin of the cia, maybe you can even find cloning info and practical ways to use genicide.

“True Blue”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#24 May 14, 2011
The life we are given has enough pitfalls to overcome without those introduced by using any form of drug taken to become high. Some ignore that destructive reality and choose to take their chances. Reality is there is never any good reason to let any substance take more control of your life than you have yourself. Why anyone would let themselves become an addict defies any reason and yet it happens to many each day. There will never be a good reason or cause to allow a drug dealer to remain in business and still so few take responsible action to get rid of the ones they know sell illegal drugs. If marijuana is such a great medicinal wonder, (and I'm not doubting it isn't), it should be obtained only by prescription then it could fall into all the same hands as the oxy's, lortabs, etc. and be the same wonderful addition to society as they are. Then the user would fall into the same legal snare for intoxication if ever driving because medical fact is after smoking one joint that person will show the same as being legally drunk. I too have seen the devastation from illegal drug use and the way it damages the body from the medical standpoint. There will never be anything that will convince me that to do drugs or that being an alcoholic improves ones life and is something we all have to do. With natural aging and deterioration of ones body there are enough medications we all will have to take just to survive without adding something to put further strain on living. I don't know of anyone reaching old age that outlived continueing to use drugs. Even if they sober up death finds them usually from damage to liver, kidneys, heart and from destruction of brain cells and we all know if the brain ain't able to tell the body what to do to help it survive it won't.
Not around You

Canada

#25 May 14, 2011
Wrong me, NOT ALL DRUGS COME FROM PLANTS. if Pot was so bad, why in the hell WOULD THEY HAVE STATES THAT LEGALIZE IT FOR PERSONAL AND MEDISINAL USE? obviously, it can help.

USA was punished when they illegalized it back in the 40's for the simple reason is the chairman of Tobacco Alcohola and Firearms was scared that the 1 little plant known as pot would outsell all 3 of his products. So us not being able to include ganja in our scientific studies for the past 70 years have hindered becuz we couldnt include it until now..

WOW the, bud can make u a skitzo..Hell, Highly doubtful but w/e, Look i smoke the green, but thats it, i drink once in a great while and i dont touch anything else, wanna know why? Becuz i used to live in Stearns and one of my best friends was totally taken by OXY's * just like the other half of the county* and i seen how it affected him and his family, Drugs aint for anyone, so ill leave u with this Food For Thought

If you feel like smokin bud will lead u to something else, Dont do it. If u cant maintain your job, dont do it.
Not around You

Canada

#26 May 14, 2011
ANd KyRedd i respect what u say, but your making this out that anyone who smokes/drinks or takes any mind altering drug is only doing it to get away.. I SAY WRONG. I do it cuz i enjoy it and it helps me relax, and thats it.

Ill tell u like it is, no matter how much u think that geettin messed up will conceal and or hide your problems, then your just damn ignorant, becuz regardless, the problems are gonna be there in the morning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stearns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do men cheat on (faithful wives) online?? 34 min enjoy it 12
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Just Saying 138,076
Williamsburg schools drop to #115 (Oct '14) 3 hr JustSaying 166
did any one hear they are takeing pop off food ... (Sep '14) 3 hr OverTheGoodOlBoyS... 30
looking for a place to rent 7 hr NURSE 3
Boyfriend in Whitley County jail Tue Just so you know 9
Whitley County needs new Sheriff Department Tue Just so you know 16
More from around the web

Stearns People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]