Death penalty sought for Ronnie D. La...

Death penalty sought for Ronnie D. Laxton

There are 49 comments on the McCreary County Record story from Mar 31, 2010, titled Death penalty sought for Ronnie D. Laxton. In it, McCreary County Record reports that:

Recent snows have wreaked havoc on court schedules but last week saw movement in several cases.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at McCreary County Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
renee

Whitley City, KY

#48 May 19, 2011
pissed off family member wrote:
i KNOW for a fact that he didnt have scratches on him, and as far as him killn ur uncle no he didnt i mean think about it if some threatened your entire family what would you do i know i would protect my family. they will get the real killer there is way to much goin into this i mean if he was the only one then y is it still under investigation think about it people there is more to it and justice will be served.
my mom kept her fingernails short and when they say she fought they mean to get away because she got all the way out the back door where he hit her again and then drug her by her feet back in thats why her nightgown was under her head
discoverTheTRUTH

Wartburg, TN

#49 Jun 1, 2011
whatever helps ya sleep at night. I'll wait for the evidence at the trial. Could be another Garland incident who knows? We shall see.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#50 Jul 14, 2011
GOD will be the judge of this one. I don't believe in the death penalty myself because its murder. But if he did kill someone, his day will come.

“True Blue”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#51 Aug 29, 2011
Since the sentence has been finalized why is he still in MCDC? He belongs to the state now not the county so why is he still being housed at the county jail?
yes

Pine Knot, KY

#52 Aug 30, 2011
KyRedd wrote:
Since the sentence has been finalized why is he still in MCDC? He belongs to the state now not the county so why is he still being housed at the county jail?
Alot of state prisoners are housed in county jails.

“True Blue”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#53 Aug 31, 2011
Yes, you're right, a lot of state prisoners are housed in county jails. Those with a sentence of 5 years or less.
yes

Pine Knot, KY

#54 Aug 31, 2011
KyRedd wrote:
Yes, you're right, a lot of state prisoners are housed in county jails. Those with a sentence of 5 years or less.
Oh. I didn't know about the 5 or less. Thanks.
burn baby burn

Dallas, TX

#55 Dec 24, 2015
When I was little Ronnie was my mom's boyfriend. I would huddle in a corner while he would almost beat my mom to death many times. I hope he rots in hell.
Strong opinions

Whitley City, KY

#56 Jan 5, 2016
Just saying wrote:
<quoted text> Apparently, you have never had a family member murdered my sister was shot to death in your county almost 14 years ago and the person who shot her has been on death row all this time so they do have plenty of time to think about it. While my taxpayers dollars goes for him to appeal it time after time. I believe with the other writer just hang them like that used to do. Because while he has time to think, my sister does not!
I have had a very close family member murdered and I still do not believe in the death penalty. Do not run off at the keyboard about something you know nothing about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stearns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr umoron 151,737
Girls who get around? 12 hr whaaahhhh 1
Don't rent your house to the Lane family Siler KY 16 hr 1991akl 6
Brian Warman shacked up with Anita Eldridge 19 hr Cole 7
Anna Santiago (Feb '16) Wed herbusiness 39
Men cheating Wed Gloria 2
News Baird murder case continued (Dec '07) Aug 18 Troys innocent 183

Stearns Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stearns Mortgages