Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
just saying

Lexington, MO

#62399 Aug 24, 2012
Yellow Dawg Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
We pay attention every time you Neo-CON Republicans block ANY legislation to get the US economy back on track. Which is OFTEN.
As an example, how many MEANINGLESS votes have the Neo-CON Republicans taken to strike down the "Affordable Care Act"? Last I heard, it was around 36 times those witless ninnies had voted on the SAME bill to rescind the ACA.
Those clueless guys say that the "US economy" is their primary concern, yet they have NOT proposed ONE serious bill to improve that economy, as was pointed out a couple of days ago on this thread.
How about the Senate producing a budget. Senate Majority Leadr Harry Reed.

“KC's Son got a Meal Ticket!”

Since: Sep 09

Now the basement is clean!

#62400 Aug 24, 2012
Strong Proud Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans weren't in control of either the House or the Senate when Obamacare was rammed down our throats. They couldn't have blocked anything because the Democrats had a super majority....
"rammed down our throats"? That's the way it works.

You whine when legislation you don't like is passed by a majority. Duh!

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#62401 Aug 24, 2012
<quoted text>
The Republicans weren't in control of either the House or the Senate when Obamacare was rammed down our throats. They couldn't have blocked anything because the Democrats had a super majority. That's ging to change in November when the Republican control in the House grows and we take control of the Senate. We're taking the White House back too.
I wonder who you will blame then?
for obam

Cape Girardeau, MO

#62403 Aug 24, 2012
Your right, I don't pay attention to the government allot. They took my right to vote years ago, cause I couldnt pay my child support fully, now I'm off parole and able to vote, and am paying allot more attention.

Glad to know the senate is democrats yet, the message I did watch showed how bad the republicans were. The way they acted was childish, and immature. Truefully almost every president we have had has made mistakes and has not done the job the way the people are asking and expecting it to be done.

When is it going to be enough? When our dollars aren't worth shit no more? Or when we all are forced to do things we do not agree with and made to give up our rights, "which is what Bush did with all his threats off terroism and harrasing people who even mentioned his name badly." Bush straight sucked as a president and its the truth.

The truth is every republican president has sucked, "at least the ones that have been in office since i have been old enough to notice them." You may pay allot of attention to everything the government does and thats great. Allot of people just go about there daily lives, hopeing and trusting that our government is going to look out for them. Truth is they have not and the only party i have seen that seems to show any intrest in the people of America who are not wealthy and rich is the democratic party.

You can try to say all you want about Obama and the democrats, but the truth remains Republicans care for money alone. They have never done anything that has really changed the lives of normal everday Americans in a positive way.

You can bash all you want, But i stand firm on this, REPUBLICANS SUCK!!!! and geuss what a shit load of other people think the same way i do.

But since you know so much truth why dont you run for president.

I tell you right now if a normal everyday working class citizen ran for office i would vote for them. The problem i currently see is campains need support and donations tv time cost money and road trips, signs, stickers, shirts, etc. all cost money, the canidates dont pay for all this, donators do and i bet allot of deals are cut between the canidates and the donators, with promise of doing such and such and making such and such bill go through, so while they are declaring alligiance to us and america they are actually already in bonds with prior agreements with some dirty corporate suits who care nothing about america just how much of it they can own.

It seems we have completely went astray from what our forefathers were thinking of when they came up with the declaration of independence, and our ammendments and rights, We are the people, not the dirty greedy suits we currently have in office and what is sad i am democrat mainly because out of my sight it is the best out of the two main evils. the democratic party is a little more the people that are not as wealthy, yet they to have greed involved with some of thier members, corruption is all through the government.

I wish we had a government i could trust one that doesnt ;ie and cheat and steal or corrupt its laws and rights of its people for its own gain or for members of the government to get what they need or want or promised some corporate suit they would do. I want a america that dominates all other countries, that has a dollar thats worth the most, that loves its people, has no econmic problems, that doesnt let big bussiness run its country or people and never lets the working class man or women get walked on or treated unfairly, and sees to it that all are paid well and able to afford the basics in life and enjoy its perks as well, we live in america the land of freedom and dreams, yet we are starving and fighting and being lied to all of us, but your right i think Hillary would have done a great job she had my vote. but since the democrates only have Obama then my vote goes there they are the lesser of the two evils it seems they actually have a heart.
for obam

Cape Girardeau, MO

#62405 Aug 24, 2012
Yellow Dawg i need to really educate myself on politics, i am fully democratic, and i dont want these damn republicans destroying our country anymore i have my right to vote again and im supporting the democrates fully. i want a better america and the republicans wont give me that dream, they are to greedy and to busy filling thier own bellys to notice the ones starving beside there feet.
truth

Willow Springs, MO

#62406 Aug 24, 2012
<quoted text>
1. I agree that political discussion is healthy to a free America.
2. Because Bush paid NO attention to the Al Quaeda threat, this nation had to suffer the 9/11 attack.
3. However, Bush43 took the 9/11 attack as an excuse to ATTACK Iraq -- for NO good reason except that Bush somehow wanted to get back at Hussein for trying to kill his father. Bush even admitted that Iraq WAS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR 9/11. Do you want me to link the video of Bush43 saying that?
4. America was fighting "two war fronts" because Bush ignored the Al Quaeda threat, and then illegally invaded Iraq on a phony "Weapons of Mass Destruction" excuse.
5. If you dislike "big government," consider that Bush43 created the LARGEST bureaucracy this country has EVER seen: Homeland Defense. Would you like to defend that decision?
6. You suggest that "4 years" is enough to "test" a president. I suggest that "4 years" is MORE THAN ENOUGH to bedevil a president with foot-dragging, filibusters, and outright near-treasonous acts by the "Neo-CON Republicans" in attempts to get President Obama out of office.
7. Whom do you suggest is "the right black man" for this country? Herman Cain?
8. "Governor" Sarah Palin certainly did not know how to govern, and she had NO business within 5 miles of the White House. Romney's signature accomplishment as governor was "RomneyCare." Do you want another liberal in the White House? Then vote for Romney. He is a RINO, and everyone KNOWS it.
#2 Did not it was Clinton, Bush was in office a short time before the attacks that the training for these attacks was done under Clinton and Bush was in the process of trying to straighten up what Clinton screwed up(last couple of Clintons last term was Clinton trying to save face not run the Country)

#3 I agree that Bush didn't like that Iraq Dictator but when taking him out of power freed up a land in the middle of the middle east to help secure peace in the middle east and set those people free, kinda of a neat milatary stradegy don't you think. NO I don't need you to send me a link to show me that Bush used a tactic that worked to get the American people to allow him to free the Iraq people from a murdering pig

#4 the reason we faught two war fronts was because of the 911 attacks and sense the alkida in afganastan that beat russia was in a land with no ali to America Bush took out two evils with one blow and in the process braught peace to the middle east for a lot of people and we can see this new found freedoms today because of it

#5 we need a homeland security now thanks to the lefty's of the 90's called Clinton and his bunch

#6 If a President doesn't do anything but cost the Country more debt( the food stamp program, the whole of welfare system) with no plans like creating jobs as a solution the President should be voted out after 4 yrs, example,'Obama'

#7 I do like MR. Cain's plans and ideas he had but I can't see him as a President because he would not take any crap from the lefty's and then we would have what we have with Obama, nothing done because he pissed the other side off, so who? I don't have any in mind right now but it shouldn't take long to find one when I start looking

#8 Mrs. Palin and Romney atleast managed a State and not just a neighborhood in Chicago. And either of them would be a better leader for America.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#62407 Aug 24, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>#2 Did not it was Clinton, Bush was in office a short time before the attacks that the training for these attacks was done under Clinton and Bush was in the process of trying to straighten up what Clinton screwed up(last couple of Clintons last term was Clinton trying to save face not run the Country)
#3 I agree that Bush didn't like that Iraq Dictator but when taking him out of power freed up a land in the middle of the middle east to help secure peace in the middle east and set those people free, kinda of a neat milatary stradegy don't you think. NO I don't need you to send me a link to show me that Bush used a tactic that worked to get the American people to allow him to free the Iraq people from a murdering pig
#4 the reason we faught two war fronts was because of the 911 attacks and sense the alkida in afganastan that beat russia was in a land with no ali to America Bush took out two evils with one blow and in the process braught peace to the middle east for a lot of people and we can see this new found freedoms today because of it
#5 we need a homeland security now thanks to the lefty's of the 90's called Clinton and his bunch
#6 If a President doesn't do anything but cost the Country more debt( the food stamp program, the whole of welfare system) with no plans like creating jobs as a solution the President should be voted out after 4 yrs, example,'Obama'
#7 I do like MR. Cain's plans and ideas he had but I can't see him as a President because he would not take any crap from the lefty's and then we would have what we have with Obama, nothing done because he pissed the other side off, so who? I don't have any in mind right now but it shouldn't take long to find one when I start looking
#8 Mrs. Palin and Romney atleast managed a State and not just a neighborhood in Chicago. And either of them would be a better leader for America.
Right wing conservative whack jobs, just keep getting whackier and whackier.

All the weapons and military that W used to go into Afghanistan and later Iraq were the result of Clinton.

If you want to go back and blame previous administrations why not go to George the first and Reagan. Reagan basically put Saddam Hussein in power. George the first was the one that pissed off Bin Laden in the first place because we stationed troops in Saudia Arabia for the first Gulf War.

Ignorant redneck moron.
Dawg Delusions

Rock Port, MO

#62408 Aug 24, 2012
<quoted text>
Yeah, Romney / Ryan have explained exactly what they intend to do to:
Social Security: privatize it, so the financial industry can steal taxpayer contributions. Remember when the stock market dropped 50% a few years ago?
Medicare: convert it to a "voucher" system, in which the "vouchers" become worthless as healthcare charges continue to rise.
I find neither of those Romney / Ryan proposals to be "very reasonable"!
Open your eyes, "Norton"! Stop believing Fox News!
Hey Dawg, I just got back from CHICAGO. Wow I'm sure glad that community got organized by their famous community organizer.(Obama) Chicago currently leading the nation in murder rate.17 people died the first night I was there. Top ten in homeless rate, entitlements(food stamps), unemployment top 10 of cities per capita. Wow,I am glad their leader(Obama) has taken care of them and they are a sign of the future for the rest of the country. Obama 217 electoral votes, Romney 300+ electoral votes. Swing states, Romney 10 out of the 13 estimated states. This is all based on statistical data from elections since 1990's. It is over Dawg, 72 days and counting..........

#62409 Aug 24, 2012
for obam wrote:
Yellow Dawg i need to really educate myself on politics, i am fully democratic, and i dont want these damn republicans destroying our country anymore i have my right to vote again and im supporting the democrates fully. i want a better america and the republicans wont give me that dream, they are to greedy and to busy filling thier own bellys to notice the ones starving beside there feet.
If that is the way you truly feel, then of course vote Democrat.

You might consider helping your local Democrat organization -- knocking on doors, passing out literature, putting up yard signs, whatever you can do to help out.
BAIN in theASS

Saint Louis, MO

#62410 Aug 24, 2012
After an endless cascade of BAD news for Republicans this week...With the MASSIVE dump of Bain Documents, experts are now sayign that Romeny took questionable tax deductions...and now OWES MONEY to the IRS...

TAX FRAUD is a Felony and MITT may wind up going to jail like Leona Helmsley

#62411 Aug 24, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>#2 Did not it was Clinton, Bush was in office a short time before the attacks that the training for these attacks was done under Clinton and Bush was in the process of trying to straighten up what Clinton screwed up(last couple of Clintons last term was Clinton trying to save face not run the Country)...
In a letter to Condolezza Rice on Jan. 25, 2001, Richard A. Clarke, National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection, and Counter-terrorism to George W. Bush, pointed out the Al Quaeda threat, and essentially BEGGED for a "Principals meeting" (meaning a cabinet-level meeting) regarding Al Quaeda.

Copy of the letter:
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB147...

Discussion of the letter:
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/NSAEBB/NSAEBB147...

Perhaps it was Rice's fault. Perhaps not. Bush43 was also being briefed several times by CIA about the urgency and immediacy of an Al Quaeda threat.

Bush was even warned that the attack might be accomplished by the use of hijacked aircraft to be used as weapons:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2002/may/16/s...

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/16/us/bush-was...

Wikipedia article regarding Arthur A. Clarke:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_A._Clark...

The "Principals meeting" Clarke suggested so urgently was finally held on Sep. 4, 2001, a week before the actual 9/11 attack.

(Of some interest is the fact that the US invasion of Afghanistan used plans developed by the Clinton administration. The Bush administration in fact also used essentially the same US military organization left in place by the Clinton administration.)

#62412 Aug 24, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text> ...#3 I agree that Bush didn't like that Iraq Dictator but when taking him out of power freed up a land in the middle of the middle east to help secure peace in the middle east and set those people free, kinda of a neat milatary stradegy don't you think....
If you think that the US invading a third-world sovereign country and killing 100,000 or more of its citizens FOR NO GOOD REASON, I suppose, in your mind, that is a "kinda of a neat military stradegy [sic]."

In my mind, since Bush finally admitted that Iraq was not involved in 9/11 and there were no "Weapons of Mass Destruction," George W. Bush's invasion of Iraq was cold-blooded murder -- Don'tcha think?

There is a good reason that Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld have never traveled outside the US since they left their offices. Interpol and the World Court will deal with them, and THEY KNOW IT.
for obam

Cape Girardeau, MO

#62413 Aug 24, 2012
ok guys, i am on the democratic side i do not feel strongly about the republicans at all, yet i am willing to hear all cases give some good out of all the canidates what you think is good about such a canidate and why they would do well, i want a president that will take care of america and its people i got kids i want them to grow up in a strong american country and if we dont do something quick we may not have that dream so whats the best way to go im currently for obama and will not at all be easliy swayed yet only a fool acts first without gathering any facts election is coming soon so i want to be ready

#62414 Aug 24, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text> ...#4 the reason we faught two war fronts was because of the 911 attacks ...
Former President George W. Bush said that Iraq was not responsible for the 9/11 attacks, and did not have "Weapons of Mass Destruction." Watch him say it live:

GOPs BAIN in theASS

Saint Louis, MO

#62415 Aug 24, 2012
Dawg Delusions wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Dawg, I just got back from CHICAGO. Wow I'm sure glad that community got organized by their famous community organizer.(Obama) Chicago currently leading the nation in murder rate.17 people died the first night I was there. Top ten in homeless rate, entitlements(food stamps), unemployment top 10 of cities per capita. Wow,I am glad their leader(Obama) has taken care of them and they are a sign of the future for the rest of the country. Obama 217 electoral votes, Romney 300+ electoral votes. Swing states, Romney 10 out of the 13 estimated states. This is all based on statistical data from elections since 1990's. It is over Dawg, 72 days and counting..........
Mitt Romney Tax Returns May Have Employed Legally Dubious Maneuvers, Tax Experts Say..hahahahahahahaha

#62416 Aug 24, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text> ...#7 I do like MR. Cain's plans and ideas he had but I can't see him as a President because he would not take any crap from the lefty's and then we would have what we have with Obama, nothing done because he pissed the other side off, so who? I don't have any in mind right now but it shouldn't take long to find one when I start looking ...
Huh?

You sort of sound like Glenn Beck. In an Aug. 30, 2010, interview with Fox News host Chris Wallace, Beck said, "I'd like to find (a presidential candidate) one with some honor and integrity, I haven't seen them yet, but they'll show up."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-08-2...
GOPs BAIN in theASS

Saint Louis, MO

#62417 Aug 24, 2012
<quoted text>
The Republicans weren't in control of either the House or the Senate when Obamacare was rammed down our throats. They couldn't have blocked anything because the Democrats had a super majority. That's ging to change in November when the Republican control in the House grows and we take control of the Senate. We're taking the White House back too.
WASHINGTON -- Tax experts who have begun to examine the Bain Capital documents released Thursday by Gawker are raising questions as to whether presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney has paid all the taxes he owed.

At issue are two tax-avoidance techniques employed by Bain Capital, the firm founded by Romney, which have been commonly used in the private equity world but have come under increasing legal scrutiny.

The first scheme involves owning U.S. dividend-paying stocks in an offshore account and pretending, for accounting purposes, not to own the stock. Instead, the taxpayer tells the Internal Revenue Service that he owns a derivative product that is identical in every way to the stock -- except it isn't the stock, so therefore no U.S. taxes are owed. It's called a "total return equity swap," because the buyer still gets the benefit -- the "total return" -- of owning the stock, or equity.

"This use of total return equity swaps, such as to avoid the U.S. dividend withholding tax, was very widespread for more than a decade, and may not be dead yet, although the IRS issued a shot-across-the-bow Notice concerning the practice in 2010," writes Daniel Shaviro, the Wayne Perry Professor of Taxation at New York University School of Law. "But taxpayers who engaged in it to avoid the dividend withholding tax were coming perilously close to committing tax fraud, in cases where the economic equivalence to direct ownership was too great."

The second technique is "not legal," according to Victor Fleischer, a tax expert and professor of law at the University of Colorado. A taxpayer saves substantial amounts of money by pretending that regular income received as a management fee for running a private equity firm is not income, but is instead a capital gain. That drops the tax rate on that income from 35 percent to 15 percent.
Martha

Saint Louis, MO

#62418 Aug 24, 2012
Are there any honest Republicans left in this Nation? I've yet to meet one.

#62419 Aug 24, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text> ...#8 Mrs. Palin and Romney atleast managed a State and not just a neighborhood in Chicago. And either of them would be a better leader for America.
<.giggle!.> Chicago, Ill. has a population of 2,842,518 people. Alaska has a population of 626,932 people.

Palin was mayor of a "city" of around 8000 people, plus or minus mooses, and plus or minus "summer season." Although Wasilla is about 40 to 100 miles from Anchorage (water/air or car), it is a part of the Anchorage metropolitan area, which had an estimated population of 364,701 in 2008.

In this case, I will not argue against Romney's smarts, but Sarah Palin NEVER HAD A CLUE!

I can assure you that, if Sarah Palin "led" us, it would be a straight-line course to disaster! She would make Bush43 look downright brilliant!

#62420 Aug 24, 2012
Dawg Delusions wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Dawg, I just got back from CHICAGO. Wow I'm sure glad that community got organized by their famous community organizer.(Obama) Chicago currently leading the nation in murder rate. 17 people died the first night I was there....
WOW! Do the police suspect you yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ste. Genevieve Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tecumseh the prophet 14 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
Scott phaff (Jul '11) Wed lmao 38
Fiber optic/high speed internet on O road Aug 15 Mike 1
Kyle Winston Aug 7 Lstr8 1
Walk mart comin Aug 3 Justista 2
Perry county TOWING IS Getting the boot Jul 31 tracy 3
Drug Dealers (Aug '16) Jul 27 Sam 19

Ste. Genevieve Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance