VSP Searches for Driver in Staunton H...

VSP Searches for Driver in Staunton Hit-and-Run - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and...

There are 12 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Nov 5, 2012, titled VSP Searches for Driver in Staunton Hit-and-Run - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and.... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Virginia State Police are searching for a suspect in a hit-and-run, which injured an elderly man near Staunton Monday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Highway Outlaw

Cumming, GA

#1 Nov 5, 2012
Anybody want to place any bets on no driver's license and no insurance on the vehicle? Could very well be an Habitual Offender or illegal in country, they do performances like this very often in their travels. People would be surprised how many cars are on the road without insurance nowadays.
I Care

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Nov 5, 2012
Praying for this victim and his family. If we knew what kind of vehicle this was maybe someone would know who this irresponsible uncaring individual is and help find them.
To I Care

Fairfield, VA

#3 Nov 5, 2012
I Care- there is a better detailed article in The Newsleader!
Mitt will loose

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Nov 5, 2012
Highway Outlaw wrote:
Anybody want to place any bets on no driver's license and no insurance on the vehicle? Could very well be an Habitual Offender or illegal in country, they do performances like this very often in their travels. People would be surprised how many cars are on the road without insurance nowadays.
Between 20 and 25% of cars on the road are uninsured. Thats almost scary knowing that 1 in 5 cars you see are driven by dolts.
Dawn J

Earlysville, VA

#5 Nov 5, 2012
Praying for this gentleman and his family, hoping everything comes out ok for him. And for the driver I hope they catch him soon b4 he does something irresponsible again
I Care

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Nov 5, 2012
[thank you"]I Care- there is a better detailed article in The Newsleader
peoplearecrazy

Washington, DC

#7 Nov 6, 2012
Had a friend tell me the other day,that it is ok to drive 10mph over the speed limit.The limit is there for a reason.Do you know what limit means?
Marcus

Waynesboro, VA

#8 Nov 6, 2012
Can we get a description of the car and the name of the person it was registered to so we can find him?
Sunny2468

Fincastle, VA

#10 Nov 6, 2012
Marcus wrote:
Can we get a description of the car and the name of the person it was registered to so we can find him?
The car was still at the crash scene, so you having a description of the car wouldn't help YOU find the driver. It's the VSP's job to process the car and question the owner. There are thousands of gold Nissan Altimas out there and the car might not have been driven by the registered owner. Police don't give out the name of registered owners of a car so the public can help find her/him. This was not part of a reality TV show.
Marcus

Waynesboro, VA

#11 Nov 6, 2012
Sunny2468 wrote:
<quoted text>The car was still at the crash scene, so you having a description of the car wouldn't help YOU find the driver. It's the VSP's job to process the car and question the owner. There are thousands of gold Nissan Altimas out there and the car might not have been driven by the registered owner. Police don't give out the name of registered owners of a car so the public can help find her/him. This was not part of a reality TV show.
So if I know who the driver is by either his name or picture of the vehicle, I shouldn't contact the VSP?
Sunny2468

Fincastle, VA

#12 Nov 6, 2012
Marcus wrote:
<quoted text>
So if I know who the driver is by either his name or picture of the vehicle, I shouldn't contact the VSP?
They do not know the driver's name. The registered owner is not always the driver. The police cannot release the name of the owner of the car if they don't know for a fact that the owner was the driver that fled the scene. It is not a crime to let someone else drive your car.

Now that you have seen a picture of the car, have you called the VSP to tell them who was driving? If you can tell who was driving a car that commits a hit-and-run just from looking at the picture, then you should be an accident investigator. Unless you actually saw the person who fled the scene, then you can't say who was behind the wheel.
George S

Jemison, AL

#13 Nov 6, 2012
Jeeez,the police do not need encouragement to withold information.

"We is lookin fer a feller" does not deserve pay-raises.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Staunton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware of Corrections Jan 29 Beware of Correct... 1
Rentals in Staunton Jan 21 FriendOfDon 2
Natascha Knick- September Circle trash Jan '17 Anonymous 1
Green Kia Jan '17 Green KIA 1
News Mark Zawhorodny Insanity Ruling (Dec '10) Jan '17 Anonymous 47
Reginald Bradley Wells Dec '16 Egnegn 1
Accusations (Apr '16) Dec '16 Susan 3

Staunton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance