Dr. Pepper Dance Party of the 50's

Dr. Pepper Dance Party of the 50's

Posted in the Staunton Forum

Dreama

Raleigh, NC

#1 May 22, 2012
Does anyone remember these or the tv station that would have carried this show? It was a weekly, local dance show and I would love to find any information on them. Of course...sponsored by Dr. pepper. Thanks!
Laura Stapleton Baker

Ocala, FL

#2 Nov 2, 2013
Jim Stapleton (Dad) hosted the WVLA Dr. Pepper Silver Dollar Dance Party on Saturday mornings at the studio on Langhorne Rd. It was in the early Sixties. It was so called because they awarded "Silver Dollars" to the winning dancers. Anyone have any pictures?
Dreama Bordeaux

Raleigh, NC

#3 Nov 2, 2013
Laura Stapleton Baker wrote:
Jim Stapleton (Dad) hosted the WVLA Dr. Pepper Silver Dollar Dance Party on Saturday mornings at the studio on Langhorne Rd. It was in the early Sixties. It was so called because they awarded "Silver Dollars" to the winning dancers. Anyone have any pictures?
Was this Staunton? We moved from there in 1959, so not sure of the year, but my sister and I were both on the show before we moved. I was on twice. Would love to see any pics. Would your Dad know if recordings were still available? Is this station still there?Thanks for your info.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Staunton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Manar the traitor non rep Sat Johnny Mac 1
Black mold. (Sep '16) Jul 29 Eric 3
Prison Officers Alone Jul '17 Prison Officers A... 1
unsolved child murder in 1964-1965 (Jan '09) Jul '17 LISA 15
Big Tangelos Jul '17 Patty 3
Would you move to Stauton is you were not from ... (Mar '13) Jun '17 Maine man 6
Augusta Correctional May '17 Augusta Correctio... 1

Staunton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Staunton Mortgages