metter kids whats there to do ?

metter kids whats there to do ?

Posted in the Statesboro Forum

metter parent

Metter, GA

#1 Jun 12, 2009
whats in metter for kids to do? ride the roads, get alcohol and drink underage, have sex. unless a kid is into sports there is really not much to do in metter and now our smart officials have decided to crack down on golf carts. at one time it was four wheelers and how they were dangerous and kids were raising cain on them. now its the golf carts. no game rooms for our kids or any kind of other activity that they can do unless they go to vidalia or statesboro. maybe metter should ban kids or younger generation people from metter and make this a nice retirement comunity. no big bussinesses or anything here to make a good living. our kids grow up to a working age and have to find employment in other towns because metter doesnt have any employment opritunities. so what are our young people supposed to do start having year round school with no days off for anything not even holidays that way they have no idle time on their hands to have any fun or enjoy their youth.
red neck

Metter, GA

#2 Jun 16, 2009
guess no one gives a shit about the kids in metter so let em raise hell and break the laws
dumbfounded

Metter, GA

#3 Jun 22, 2009
metter cares more about scandals than it does about our future
all grown up

Metter, GA

#4 Jun 23, 2009
There's never been much to do in Metter unless you play sports. In high school we rode the strip on weekends and sometimes got in trouble for that. Jobs are a joke in Metter because you have to "know" somebody to get a good job. I've applied for jobs at the telephone company and at the banks but nobody will hire me because my family's not rich or doesn't belong to the country club. So if you want any kind of future you need to get out of Metter!
Sad for our community

Swainsboro, GA

#5 Jul 1, 2009
We have Family Connections meetings monthly.
Please come and join us for a meeting. There are some very concerned citizens about this problem and we are all searching for solutions. We can only make Metter a better place for our children
when we all work together!!!!!!!
mhcpa

Metter, GA

#6 Jul 13, 2009
try going to Church. Most of them have great youth programs that involve outings. We attend New Life for that reason. Not that all kids that go to church are saints, but it certainly doesnt hurt that they be exposed to values and morals. Kids will be kids and will get into trouble, no matter where they spend thier free time, but it helps to have the instructions around (The Bible) when you do get in trouble.
lkkkkkapaw

Metter, GA

#7 Mar 18, 2014
Church is for the old an stupid
Anonymous

United States

#8 May 28, 2014
Hang out at the new school. Teachers are moving in daily and are sure not to turn down the "helping hands" of up and coming students.

Sex Education is the new class for the Candler County Board of Education!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Statesboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheriff's captain charged with vehicular homicide (Sep '08) Jun 28 Anonymous 20
Sewage plant Jun 24 PEUW 1
Statesboro UPC Church Is On Fire (Nov '15) Jun 24 His2Luv 4
What is going on at City Hall Jun 16 A-non-e-moose 1
Review: The Brannen Law Office, P.C. Jun 1 Changed 1
News Claxton councilman indicted on drug charges (Jan '09) May '16 jamie 8
Poll Does Candler County need a new Sheriff? (Mar '08) Apr '16 Hilton k Johnson Jr 25

Statesboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Statesboro Mortgages