Death toll up, gasoline lines grow in monster storm's wake

Nov 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WYMG-FM Springfield

New Yorkers awoke to the rumble of subway trains for the first time in four days on Thursday and the death toll continued to rise from the former hurricane Sandy, one of the biggest and most devastating storms ever to hit the United States.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 28 of28
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Disgusted in the Catskill

Monticello, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

NolaGuy wrote:
I could cry watching the stories and accounts coming from your community. It so reminds me of my suburban NOLA home town of Chalmette La. Blue collar town of good people, mainly Catholic, who worked hard every day of their lives. Of over 29,000 homes only 3 escaped Katrina's water and one of those was elevated had the roof and second story blown completely off.
If you can find help with family and friends. The US government got food dropped on Mogadishu in 24 hrs but they couldn't get MRE to the La superdome for a week.
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police resue team got to my home town in a couple of days. It took FEMA or any other US agency over a week! I will admit I'm a middle class guy who didn't for our current president but I am honest enough to say the help out of D. C. got much better after he got elected.
If the SBA offers you a big loan be warned if its over 250k it's like pulling teeth from an angry tiger trying to get the money. And I say that after my loan officer said I had the highest FICO score he ever saw. It means nothing to them.
This disaster brings out the best in good people and worst in bad people. Don't give any contractor money up front. Be very sceptical of out of town contractors, if they were real, good contractors they wouldn't have to go 1000 miles to find work. The day you owe them less than they have work left is the last day you see them.
Take care, NOLA loves you and has you in our thoughts and prayers. I know the days are dark but the sun will shine upon you again.
Very nice!!! Wonderful to see caring rather than hating! Peace to you!
Ex- El Paso Resident

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Bob wrote:
President obama send in army gasoline tankers, there is no fuel for cars in NYC, send in tankers now
He has burned enough fuel running around the country on Air Force 1 trying to get votes that you could probably heat all the homes in Statton Island for several weeks.

Hope folks remember that tomorrow!!!!

Talk is cheap.

A person of words and not deeds is like a garden full of weeds.
you voted

Wildwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

he's LEAVING to go out of the COUNTRY in the morning But you voted!
Storm Victims Advocate

East Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Up in Connecticut. want to donate batteries, candles, canned goods, blankets to victims in Staten island & New Jersey shore mainly.
How to Do That?
Go to Salvation Army?
We want to help storm victims, been one ourselves last year!

How can we help you? We have no cash though.

Since: Feb 07

Guelph, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

The JBJSF has posted some drop off locations and the supplies needed on this webpage...

http://www.jonbonjovisoulfoundation.org/story...

The page contains direct links for more info on any organizations that you might like to help Storm Victims Advocate.
Derf

Belvidere, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

There is no exuse for the hardships that are going on the goverment in charge has delusions of granduer,they should be out there night and day.
WOW

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

changenowtheendisnear wrote:
You people up there in those big towns have made fun of Ky people living in these hills so long sounds like we are not the red necks after all. Like one of the people said here in this post should have got prepared. People didn't leave should have took the warnings serious. Like my name says people want be prepared when Jesus comes back in on the clouds either. Get serious about your religion. We need to stop lesbian and Gay stuff and all the hatred with one another and parents not taking their children to church. God is just seeing how far we will go with sin. God I know is getting fed up with sin in America. Destruction is coming more ways than one. As for me I am ready to me my Jesus. Hope you are.
No the reason they make fun of us is because of hill-jacks like yourself..... You discriminate and categorize everything you dislike and you try to push your beliefs on everyone else. I grew up in a home where we were taught not to judge, to love our neighbors, help those who are in need, the necessities of humanity, something I can see you desperately lack.
TO anyone who has been offended by this comment I am truly sorry, please don't think you are forgotten, you aren't and there are people who are working hard to get things sent to help restore even a small amount of normality to your lives I just wish there was more we could all do.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Praying for y'all

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 28 of28
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Staten-Island Forum right now

Search the Staten-Island Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Veterans to be saluted at fundraiser on April 30 11 hr Reply2_CIA 12
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 23 hr Get real 6,195
Steven Sicilia Can't Read, has sex with Opossums Wed Steve is a Rat 1
city carrier assistant is a nightmare job (May '13) Tue CCA IN CA 2014 3
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Apr 20 positronium 6,290
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Apr 18 YUP 16,736
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Apr 17 Taxpayer 434
•••
•••

Staten-Island News Video

•••
•••

Staten-Island Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Staten-Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••