wayne county school leadership

Posted in the State Line Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mickey123

United States

#1 Jul 10, 2009
Change the leadership of Wayne County Schools!
Robert Dean should be impeached!
People of Wayne County, go to the school board meetings and listen to what your superintendent is spending money on. See what he is doing to teachers in the district. It is a disaster!
MAC

Carson, MS

#2 Jan 27, 2010
I disagree MIckey 123 after Robert Dean got in office he brought back the quality of education to the Wayne County School System. Is Mr. Dean spending money for the children 's education then it is worth every cent spend. Mr. Dean was a teacher for over thirty years so why would he mistreat teachers maye he is weeding out the bad ones. Please do not slander our superintendent because he does a wonderful job and he needs to be congrautated with all the changes that he has made.
mickey123

United States

#3 Jan 27, 2010
Mr Dean is getting rid of teachers because he wants to save money. Has he gotten rid of any young ones. Go to Buckatunna school and see if there are any positive changes there.
mickey123

United States

#4 Jan 27, 2010
Here we go again. About the storm shelters that will cost $400,000 that the school district doesn't have. Let's lay off some more teachers. How big are these storm shelters anyway. Are they big enough for all the students,faculty and other workers? If not, who gets to go in? How do they choose? Crazy idea.

Since: Jan 10

Waynesboro,Ms.

#5 Jan 27, 2010
Why does the city of Waynesboro STILL have those delapadated old trailors sitting behind the High School when they voted NOT to have them on peoples private property inside the city limits??
I would NOT want any of my kids or grandkids inside one of them...
The matter was to be taken before the school board but so far NOTHING has been done to remove them!!
IMO Mr.Dean needs to get those things removed as soon as possiable!!They should never have been placed there to start with!!!
mickey123

United States

#6 Jan 27, 2010
Mr dean bought them and they look awful. I have heard that all Mr. Dean has in mind for Wayne County Schools is his name on a plaque when he leaves.

Waynesboro,Ms.

#7 Jan 27, 2010
But the school is supposed to be broke...lol
And what about that new astro-turf on the football field??That alone would have helped with teacher pay and the students...jmo
mickey123

United States

#8 Jan 28, 2010
We have until January 2011. Then he'll be gone. I wonder what he'll be running for next time. He's ruining the schools so what will he ruin next?
MAC

Carson, MS

#9 Jan 28, 2010
mickey123, Stop slandering Mr. Dean the standards of the Wayne County School System has rose over 50% since he went in office and he got rid of some wacky teachers. The budget that he inherited was from the previous adminstration and he is having do the best that he can so back off of him.

AOL

#10 Jan 28, 2010
MAC wrote:
mickey123, Stop slandering Mr. Dean the standards of the Wayne County School System has rose over 50% since he went in office and he got rid of some wacky teachers. The budget that he inherited was from the previous adminstration and he is having do the best that he can so back off of him.
Slandering him? LMAO! No one has to slander him! All you have to do is read the paper, what happens in the school board meetings. spending, spending, spending on material things not necessary to the education of the children and all the while getting rid of teachers amd assistants to save money. I understand that some monies can only go for what tehy intended. However, how can you justify some of the massive spending when we have 35 kids in some classrooms? Very few people on the school board stand up to him. I don't understand that. It's very frustrating. Kudos to Mr. Chapman for having the backbone to question some of the things that go on. Slander him? The truth is the truth.
mickey123

United States

#11 Jan 28, 2010
Thanking you for the comments. The only way we will know the truth is to attend the school board meetings. The previous administration had concern for the students,teachers, and other employees. Money is not the only focus the school board needs to focus on.
MAC

Meridian, MS

#12 Jan 29, 2010
Why will the elected people on the school board not stand up to Mr. Dean. Does'nt the school board have an attorney. I know Mr. Dean is stern but he is a fair man.
madman

Eldridge, MO

#13 Jan 30, 2010
yall dont pay mac no attention,he dont like any of these forums where people talk about the corruption an bad things that go on around here.if ya notice he typed 3 messages an all three have a different adresss one is meridian, newton,and the last is waynesboro.he always defends the corruption an other things that folks talk about because u guessed it,hes part of the problem.next he will come back as several different alias but u will notice they will have the same adresses.hes funny ive dealt with him or her before.mac tell all yo friends to shape up or ship out!
mickey123

United States

#14 Jan 30, 2010
RD is not fair. It's time for him to be gone. Why is Buckatunna at risk of failing? It is left behind. Teachers don't have the supplies like the other schools do. The classes are so cramed full that it's just pitiful. Ronnie Crane tries to be friends with students as well as their parents. He is afraid of the parents so he caters to them against the teachers. Students need discipline in order to learn and they don't get it when the principal is also a child. Buckatunna school has a dodo hole next to the cafeteria. GROSS! The students don't need this kind of smell at their school. Quit treating Buckatunna school like its students and teachers don't count. Those children are as bright as anyone. They just need some positive leadership.
mickey123

United States

#15 Jan 30, 2010
Yes, they do have an attorney, but he is also a joke. Haven't you heard he's called the sleeping senator.
MAC

Carson, MS

#16 Jan 31, 2010
Dont pay attention to Madman and yes my computer automactic changes the cities names but I am from one computer. I believe there are two sides to every debate and that Robert Dean does care about Buckatunna schools and he needs to help to make the system work. If you listen to Madman everyone in Waynesboro is corrupt or is he the only corrupt one. My grandchildren go to Buckatunna and I would be complaining to the School Board if they were not recieveing the appropriate learning skills. Also, Mr. Crane does a good job like Mrs. Woods did a good job. I do not believe that Ronnie Crane is not afraid of parents but he trys to work with the parents and the students to keep down confusion. But I disagree about discipline methods . I do not believe if a teacher or principle is not the biological parent then they do not need to paddle that child and no one better paddle one of my grandchildren without it being thier mother, father etc. Children learn at different paces and a child needs love and encouragement. If the bathroom needs to be moved then petition the School Board and move the bathroom but please do not call it names (dodo hole) then talk about the principal being a child. The teachers and the students are some of the brightest in the county and they do count. I am going to reply to the commment of Robert Dean is known as a sleeping senator. Senators and Reps are voted in and they can be voted out. Robert Dean is doing an awesome job and he had brought up the quality of Wayne County Schools so stop bad mouthing him.

Waynesboro,Ms.

#17 Jan 31, 2010
Mac,I dont believe the poster was saying Dean is a 'sleeping senator'. I think it was addressed to the School Boards attorney as we ALL know here in Waynesboro as the "SLEEPER"!!take it any way you want to ,but the truth about him is the truth..
The Wanye county school board was broke when Dean was voted in and all he did was continue wastful spending like there is no tomorrow..
And I DO KEEP UP with what is going on in my hometown...Always have..always will.
mickey123

United States

#18 Feb 1, 2010
Yes, I was saying the school's attorney is known as the sleeping senator.
mickey123

United States

#19 Feb 1, 2010
I really don't understand how the school district can be broke because it gets the interest payments from the oil wells. I thought oil wells made a lot of money, so the interest on the money would be considerable. I also heard that there will be more teacher layoffs in Wayne County. Wayne County Schools stop spending money on things our children don't need. Our children of Wayne County are the ones who should benefit from the money spent. That means smaller class sizes, enough teachers,and teacher and student supplies. Treat all our students equally because a child cannot help what they have or don't have.Stop paying these big salaries to curriculum people,assistant principals, and a deputy superintendant. Our district does not need two attorneys either. Dickerson and his daughter Katey are both serving.
MAC

Meridian, MS

#20 Feb 1, 2010
I mistunderstood that you were not referring to Robert Dean as the sleeping senator. I feel that Mr. Dicerson and his daughter Katey do a good job to represent the School Board and they would stand up to Mr. Dean if necessary. Mickey123, It sounds as if you are trying to slander every one from Robert Dean, Mr. Ronnie Crane, Mr. Dickerson, Katey Peterson, Deputy Superintendent , Assistant Prncipals etc. Make up you mind and get to the bottom of the true picture either yourself or a family member was laid off. What is it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

State Line Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the mafia of mississippi book (Feb '10) Oct 30 The Mutt 23
looking for old friends (Aug '16) Oct '17 his messenger 8
News Hood Industries acquires two sawmills with the ... (Apr '16) Jul '17 PISSPOORPAYSCALE 3
News Four people were injured, and one person died i... (Apr '17) Apr '17 Tina Wright 1
visitation interrupted 4/20/13 (Apr '13) Mar '17 Geneva herrington 7
smci area 2 conditions (Sep '15) Feb '17 People 2
New Perry County Arrests (Mar '14) Jan '17 Luke 3

State Line Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

State Line Mortgages