Steven Smith | Condemnation doesn't b...

Steven Smith | Condemnation doesn't belong in today's Christianity

There are 52 comments on the Centre Daily Times story from Dec 9, 2013, titled Steven Smith | Condemnation doesn't belong in today's Christianity. In it, Centre Daily Times reports that:

Two recent clergy columns - by the Rev. Kenneth Codner, of Spring Mills, on Saturday and by Bishop Council Nedd II, of Pine Grove Mills, on Nov. 16 - call for comment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Centre Daily Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#42 Mar 28, 2014
True Christian witness wrote:
Imperfect men do make mistakes and learn from them, the prophetic dates given by Jehovah's witnesses have been fulfillment of Bible prophecy, just not the understanding some had, that does not mean 1975 was invalid, according to that year, Adam was created as the first human being 6000 years before. The Bible is still found accurate in prophetic history, and carbon dating is still only able to date 6000 years, no more for accuracy only guessing.
So, the beliefs are perfect even if the believers are not and we are to accept the word of an imperfect believer because you say God agrees. That's the same reasoning that found your Millerite ancestors spending a disappointing night on a hillside. You are free to pray whatever you want, but God decides who gets it right.
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#43 Mar 29, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>So, the beliefs are perfect even if the believers are not and we are to accept the word of an imperfect believer because you say God agrees. That's the same reasoning that found your Millerite ancestors spending a disappointing night on a hillside. You are free to pray whatever you want, but God decides who gets it right.
I don't expect anything from anyone, and I don't argue with people over what they believe, I will state what the Bible says, and show them the Scripture in their Bible, they decide if they want to believe the Bible or not.

If you do not look up the Scriptures that I cite, then you have only your opinion as your truth.
The Bible has to be the authority for a true Christian today, and only true Christians will survive the end of this world, that is if they remain loyal and obedient to the Law of Christ.
John 3:36

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#44 Mar 29, 2014
<quoted text>
I don't expect anything from anyone, and I don't argue with people over what they believe, I will state what the Bible says, and show them the Scripture in their Bible, they decide if they want to believe the Bible or not.
If you do not look up the Scriptures that I cite, then you have only your opinion as your truth.
The Bible has to be the authority for a true Christian today, and only true Christians will survive the end of this world, that is if they remain loyal and obedient to the Law of Christ.
The bible also tells you not to judge others. I guess you haven't gotten that far, or have decided to ignore that part.

this one

#45 Mar 29, 2014
You mean, believe your choice of interpretations, don't you? If your answer to that question is no, think again. Reality check, there are many, many different interpretations of the Bible, people can and do believe in entirely different interpretations and still believe the Bible.
I've read the Bible dear, most of it wasn't written to be understood in fortune cookie sized chunklets. You are free to pray you are right about your choice of interpretations, but there isn't a bite sized bit in the Bible that gives you or anyone else the moral authority to answer that prayer for themselves. God decides who gets it right, not His Christians, not even His Witnesses.
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#46 Mar 30, 2014
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>You mean, believe your choice of interpretations, don't you? If your answer to that question is no, think again. Reality check, there are many, many different interpretations of the Bible, people can and do believe in entirely different interpretations and still believe the Bible.
<quoted text>I've read the Bible dear, most of it wasn't written to be understood in fortune cookie sized chunklets. You are free to pray you are right about your choice of interpretations, but there isn't a bite sized bit in the Bible that gives you or anyone else the moral authority to answer that prayer for themselves. God decides who gets it right, not His Christians, not even His Witnesses.
Jesus said, there is only one truth, John 17:17 that means the Bible Scriptures are written for our instruction, it is not to be interpreted by mans understanding. You either obey Jesus or not.
2Peter 1:20,21

lides

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#47 Mar 30, 2014
Jesus said, there is only one truth, John 17:17 that means the Bible Scriptures are written for our instruction, it is not to be interpreted by mans understanding. You either obey Jesus or not.
Actually, it means you believe that, it doesn't mean that it is true.

Isn't faith grand?

this one

#48 Mar 30, 2014
No matter how many Bible chunklets you toss up for my consideration, the answer doesn't change. God decides whether you get it right or spend the night sans revelation on a hillside in Pennsylvania. You don't. Jesus says there is only one truth, but He gets to decide what it is, not you, your fellow Witnesses or any other Christian, you're just praying you got His instructions right. One can learn about many, many things by reading the Bible. There are any number of acts which get God's seal of approval, in both testaments, that don't get our approval today. The old commands slavery and the new takes it for granted as a given, for instance.
the Troof Says

Denver, PA

#49 Apr 2, 2014
Rick, unfortunately JW's teach their flock that Jesus was actually the Archangel Michael?

They refuse to believe that he is God's son, but rather God's first creation. Ergo Jesus can ONLY be the savior for 144,000 people. Which is interesting because mathematically they had 144,000 people self identify that they were of the chosen class by 1950. YET each year they still have new members self identify.

The last explanation for this self identifying shenanigan from the Board of Elders is that some of the original self identifiers were cast out from the heavens...

Of course that MIGHT be "old light" now since they change their doctrine on a very regular basis. You know the easiest way to keep the rank and file in line is to keep them guessing..... LOL
the Troof Says

Denver, PA

#50 Apr 2, 2014
<quoted text>
it is a fact that the rewritten bible used by the JW's was written by Franz in the late 60's, and he admitted in court that he had ZERO understanding of latin, he had NEVER attempted to actually translate the scripture, and he was NOT a biblical scholar, but rather that he and the Body of Elders changed verses, and words to suit their opinions.....

PLEASE for the sake of your family get out of this sinister group while you still can!

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#51 Apr 2, 2014
the Troof Says wrote:
Rick, unfortunately JW's teach their flock that Jesus was actually the Archangel Michael?
They refuse to believe that he is God's son, but rather God's first creation. Ergo Jesus can ONLY be the savior for 144,000 people. Which is interesting because mathematically they had 144,000 people self identify that they were of the chosen class by 1950. YET each year they still have new members self identify.
The last explanation for this self identifying shenanigan from the Board of Elders is that some of the original self identifiers were cast out from the heavens...
Of course that MIGHT be "old light" now since they change their doctrine on a very regular basis. You know the easiest way to keep the rank and file in line is to keep them guessing..... LOL
Doesn't matter. We all know that only Lutherans (ELCA) can be SAVED !

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#52 Apr 2, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter. We all know that only Lutherans (ELCA) can be SAVED !
Saved?

Saved by the bell?

or

Saved by the beer?

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#53 Apr 2, 2014
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Saved?
Saved by the bell?
or
Saved by the beer?
Jesus was an ELCA Lutheran. Don't you know ANYTHING ???!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

State College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Blender, Andrew OD - Andrew Blender OD (Sep '09) Mon Sanra Treece 11
Boxing Gyms Sun Jackson 8
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) Sat SlimShady 934
Darren “max” zuchowski Sep '17 Jamestown 1
No Joke Earn Millions Sep '17 RealTalk 3
Beta Theta Pi Sep '17 disgusted 2
Richard Spencer Rejected At Universities Aug '17 Tony 1

State College Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

State College Mortgages