Steven Smith | Condemnation doesn't b...

Steven Smith | Condemnation doesn't belong in today's Christianity

There are 52 comments on the Centre Daily Times story from Dec 9, 2013, titled Steven Smith | Condemnation doesn't belong in today's Christianity. In it, Centre Daily Times reports that:

Two recent clergy columns - by the Rev. Kenneth Codner, of Spring Mills, on Saturday and by Bishop Council Nedd II, of Pine Grove Mills, on Nov. 16 - call for comment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Centre Daily Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Listen to the Word

Topock, AZ

#1 Dec 10, 2013
I suppose that TEC will therefore reject Jesus, His Father and His Spirit because they condemn the ungodly.

Any church that admits that it is embarrassed by the Scriptures either don't know what the Scriptures teach or they have an agenda which they know disagrees with Scripture.

Look for more losses - either in membership or members quitting attending but not removed by their churches in TEC.
Anti-

Pennsauken, NJ

#2 Dec 11, 2013
Some reason this caught me wrong….
We as Episcopalians don’t reject Jesus, We embrace him, we support his ideas, his ways. We don’t just talk the talk, we live the way. We openly welcome all in to our church, the good, the bad and the ugly. Sometimes the path to the Lord is a steep trail. When surrounded by likeminded people, it becomes just a little easier to climb the mountain. The “Welcome” sign we put out side isn’t just for looks.
So, if you want to insult my church some more feel free, while you are busy doing that we Episcopalians will be busy doing God’s work and actually helping others.
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#3 Dec 11, 2013
Going to Church and helping other people does not make you a Christian, and being among people who are deliberate sinners and not adjusting their sinful thinking does not either. Matthew 7:21

You cannot think you are Christian and not obey the commandments of Jesus, who obeyed the Commandments of his heavenly Father, Jehovah God. Jesus made the way for all men to know, love and serve Jehovah God, but on God's terms, not mans. Matthew 22:37-39

Therefore your worship in in vain, and any religion that claims to be Christian and not obedient to God's word is not acceptable to Jehovah God or his reigning King Jesus.
John 3:36

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#4 Dec 11, 2013
True Christian witness wrote:
Going to Church and helping other people does not make you a Christian, and being among people who are deliberate sinners and not adjusting their sinful thinking does not either. Matthew 7:21
You cannot think you are Christian and not obey the commandments of Jesus, who obeyed the Commandments of his heavenly Father, Jehovah God. Jesus made the way for all men to know, love and serve Jehovah God, but on God's terms, not mans. Matthew 22:37-39
Therefore your worship in in vain, and any religion that claims to be Christian and not obedient to God's word is not acceptable to Jehovah God or his reigning King Jesus.
You do realize that it is God's call as to who has and who has not gotten His Christianity right, not His Christians, don't you? If you want to pray that God won't bless a same sex couple in marriage, that's between you and Him, but whether He actually does or not, not your call to make. You are the sheep, not the shepherd and not qualified to speak for Him.
Anti-

Pennsauken, NJ

#6 Dec 11, 2013
True,
Are we talking about Baptist or Episcopalians?....ok little humor on my part….moving on.
"Going to Church and helping other people does not make you a Christian,..."
I agree, no brainer there....and I think you missed my point.
"...being among people who are deliberate sinners and not adjusting their sinful thinking does not either."
I agree again. That’s why I love seeing sinners in church. What better place to help them but in God’s house, surrounded by God’s people. Telling people they are wrong or whatever doesn’t usually change their opinions, its examples that do. One problem with your statement though, I don’t think anyone steps out with the intent to sin. It just happens. So there are very few “deliberate sinners”. Did you deliberately sin?
“You cannot think you are Christian and not obey the commandments of Jesus, who obeyed the Commandments of his heavenly Father, Jehovah God. Jesus made the way for all men to know, love and serve Jehovah God, but on God's terms, not mans”
God knows we are all sinners, pumping out scripture chapter numbers and verses doesn’t make you not one either. God also knows the mountain to the kingdom is a hard road to travel. Exactly, Sounds like we Episcopalians are on the right track. No lip service from us, all work. We don’t do what’s popular, we do what others are afraid to do, God’s Work.

"Therefore your worship in in vain, and any
religion that claims to be Christian and not obedient to God's word is not acceptable to Jehovah God or his reigning King Jesus.
John 3:36"

You’d have a hard time proving that one to me…. I am pretty sure God didn’t want us to sit around and whine about Sinners, rehearse scriptures, and basically do a bunch of nothing. He wanted us to spread his gospel through actions, and that’s what I as an Episcopalian am doing….Though on a side note I am wasting a lot of time on here today…
Good Day
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#7 Dec 12, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize that it is God's call as to who has and who has not gotten His Christianity right, not His Christians, don't you? If you want to pray that God won't bless a same sex couple in marriage, that's between you and Him, but whether He actually does or not, not your call to make. You are the sheep, not the shepherd and not qualified to speak for Him.
You are terribly mistaken, you are thinking man's thoughts not God's.
Jehovah God does not change his thinking to please mankind. He is the creator and his children will love and obey his word the Bible, it is up to mankind to adjust their thinking to be acceptable children of God, then they will be blessed by God.
Proverbs 16:25
Isaiah 48:17,18

It is God's people, Jehovah's witnesses that have the authority to preach God's word, and the good news of God's Kingdom to this world, any other preaching and teachings are from the thinking of men and what they believe is truth.
Luke 4:43
Matthew 24:14
John 17:17

The Scriptures are to be obeyed and to imitate to let your light shine for this dark world of Satan's ungodly people. If you don't obey God's word, then you reject your only means of your salvation. It means you are not meek or humble to accept the truth of God's word to obey.
2Peter 3:
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#8 Dec 12, 2013
You're insane

this one

#9 Dec 12, 2013
You are terribly mistaken, you are thinking man's thoughts not God's.
Jehovah God does not change his thinking to please mankind. He is the creator and his children will love and obey his word the Bible, it is up to mankind to adjust their thinking to be acceptable children of God, then they will be blessed by God.
Proverbs 16:25
Isaiah 48:17,18
It is God's people, Jehovah's witnesses that have the authority to preach God's word, and the good news of God's Kingdom to this world, any other preaching and teachings are from the thinking of men and what they believe is truth.
Luke 4:43
Matthew 24:14
John 17:17
The Scriptures are to be obeyed and to imitate to let your light shine for this dark world of Satan's ungodly people. If you don't obey God's word, then you reject your only means of your salvation. It means you are not meek or humble to accept the truth of God's word to obey.
2Peter 3:
If that is the belief system you want to go with, knock yourself out, but having read the Bible myself, a number of times in fact, that isn't the message I found, sorry.

God gets to decide who gets it right, no matter how absolutely certain you are in your choices of beliefs and acts in His name, sorry. What do we need God for when we have folk like you to do His job for him?
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#10 Dec 12, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>If that is the belief system you want to go with, knock yourself out, but having read the Bible myself, a number of times in fact, that isn't the message I found, sorry.
God gets to decide who gets it right, no matter how absolutely certain you are in your choices of beliefs and acts in His name, sorry. What do we need God for when we have folk like you to do His job for him?
You can read your Bible all day long, but unless you read it with the desire to understand, you will remain in darkness as you are. As long as I am being obedient to the teachings of Jesus, I know for certain I speak with authority from him, to warn and help the meek ones of this earth. Matthew 28:19,20

Jesus is the judge of this world, not me. I am just one person who is ordained by Jesus as our reigning King in heaven to preach the good news of God's Kingdom government, as mankind's only hope for salvation. Matthew 24:14

There are millions of us witnesses on this earth, who are working hard going door to door, or any other way to help people as Jesus taught, who want to accomplish God's will on earth before the end of this unrighteous world begins. Luke 4:43 Matthew 7:21

this one

#11 Dec 12, 2013
You can read your Bible all day long, but unless you read it with the desire to understand, you will remain in darkness as you are.
I believe that I have a very good understanding of the Bible, whether you do or not. Christ does the sorting, not His Christians.
As long as I am being obedient to the teachings of Jesus, I know for certain I speak with authority from him, to warn and help the meek ones of this earth. Matthew 28:19,20
But the power is His, not yours. Matthew 28:18 You claim to be obedient to the teachings of Jesus, only He can tell, I personally haven't seen a whole lot of evidence.
Jesus is the judge of this world, not me.
I wonder how long it will be before YOU render another judgment. You've rendered three thus far, one for you and two against me.
I am just one person who is ordained by Jesus as our reigning King in heaven to preach the good news of God's Kingdom government, as mankind's only hope for salvation. Matthew 24:14
Matthew 7:15-23. So you pray.
There are millions of us witnesses on this earth, who are working hard going door to door, or any other way to help people as Jesus taught, who want to accomplish God's will on earth before the end of this unrighteous world begins. Luke 4:43 Matthew 7:21
So you pray.

this one

#12 Dec 12, 2013
Back when I was a poor graduate student, I shared this house with among a few other folk, an ESL graduate student from Malaysia. He was a raised serious Muslim. One afternoon, we received a visit from two Witnesses. He invited them in under the condition that if he let them talk to him about their God, he got to talk about his. They come in and gave him the extended version of their usual pitch and he was polite, asking appropriate questions, even made them tea. When they got done, he brought out a couple of copies of the Quran, one in English and set in to a crash course on Islam from Adam and his unnamed woman onward. I was there for about an hour and a half of this, but had to leave. When I got back three hours later, he was still explaining the nature of Allah as had been taught to him. They were polite and listened, asked all sorts of questions and drank more tea for another couple of hours. Islamic education has some serious rote memorization to it. He never told them that although he had received a strict Muslim education, he himself was seriously lapsed at the practices and kinda sorta bisexual. They took their literature with them when they left for some reason.
Real Troof

Denver, PA

#13 Mar 21, 2014
The most factual representation of witnesses is that over 67% of their flock leave their cult in 3 years or less.

And for that I say Amen

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#14 Mar 22, 2014
<quoted text>
You can read your Bible all day long, but unless you read it with the desire to understand, you will remain in darkness as you are. As long as I am being obedient to the teachings of Jesus, I know for certain I speak with authority from him, to warn and help the meek ones of this earth. Matthew 28:19,20
Jesus is the judge of this world, not me. I am just one person who is ordained by Jesus as our reigning King in heaven to preach the good news of God's Kingdom government, as mankind's only hope for salvation. Matthew 24:14
LOL!!!.... As to paragraph 3 above ....

You aren't teaching the "good news." You are teaching the bad news.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#15 Mar 22, 2014
OOPS!

Paragraph 2 above.

Scuze moi.
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#16 Mar 22, 2014
You are among the blind guides of this world, and your reward will be just.

Only Jehovah's witnesses are true Christians today, and the angels are weeding out the fakes among them... very soon the angels will destroy all the ungodly on this earth. Those who survive will inherit the new world system of righteousness, where there will be no more war, sickness or tears ever again from ungodly people.

You do not know Jehovah, the God of the Bible or his son Jesus who is reigning as God's King of kings over this earth.

Now is the time to start your free home Bible study with Jehovah's witnesses, you may be concealed in the day of Jehovah God's anger.
Matthew 13:41
Revelation 21:3,4

Location hidden

#17 Mar 23, 2014
Only Jehovah's witnesses are true Christians today, and the angels are weeding out the fakes among them... very soon the angels will destroy all the ungodly on this earth. Those who survive will inherit the new world system of righteousness, where there will be no more war, sickness or tears ever again from ungodly people.
You do not know Jehovah, the God of the Bible or his son Jesus who is reigning as God's King of kings over this earth.
Now is the time to start your free home Bible study with Jehovah's witnesses, you may be concealed in the day of Jehovah God's anger.
Says who?

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#18 Mar 23, 2014
Listen to the Word wrote:
I suppose that TEC will therefore reject Jesus, His Father and His Spirit because they condemn the ungodly.
Any church that admits that it is embarrassed by the Scriptures either don't know what the Scriptures teach or they have an agenda which they know disagrees with Scripture.
Look for more losses - either in membership or members quitting attending but not removed by their churches in TEC.
Jesus said: "Let he among you who is without sin cast the first stone."

Location hidden

#19 Mar 23, 2014
<quoted text>
What happened to the 144,000 Elect?
True Christian witness

Slick, OK

#20 Mar 24, 2014
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Says who?
Zephaniah 2: 2 and 3

this one

#21 Mar 24, 2014
So you pray, but never forget your Millerite ancestors and their night on the hill. Sometimes the answer is no.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

State College Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) Sep 12 Wayne Eaton 929
Beta Theta Pi Sep 3 disgusted 2
Boxing Gyms Aug 30 Southpaw23 2
Richard Spencer Rejected At Universities Aug 23 Tony 1
Arrested while campaigning for state rep. Aug '17 Trolled da 1
Dreu Agliardo (Oct '16) Jul '17 Truly yours 3
Athlete decommitted to Penn State University Jun '17 Tone 1

State College Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

State College Mortgages