Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Jan 29, 2013
Resident Verona Estates

Memphis, TN

#1 Dec 7, 2012
I am a Resident of Verona Estates and I know two other people who live in two other subdivisions that are owned by the same company. One of them lives in Plum Tree I believe the company is M&T Property Mgt. who owns these homes. I say believe because I've only spoken with corporate. The homes are very nice homes, with nice yards. The problem comes when you need something fixed. I don't think they are properly staffed of they are overwhelmed. Pest control is in the contract, but if they do come every month they never leave a note saying they have been in your home. I can only speak for my friend who lives in Plum Tree , but she has had a mouse problem which just began. These homes are next to a cotton field and I know that mice are around. Mice should not have access to your home. they did not come plug in areas that they thought the mice were coming into her home. I suggest you a check with the local authorities and check out crime in the area. It is a quiet area, but not everyone wants to work for what they want. It may not sound like it, but I like living here. I believe this is a great place to live. My major concern is only that they are slow to repair. Very nice and friendly people
ResidentVerona E corrects

Memphis, TN

#2 Dec 7, 2012
I am a Resident of Verona Estates and I know two other people who live in two other subdivisions that are owned by the same company. One of them lives in Plum Tree I believe the company is M&T Property Mgt. who owns these homes. I say believe because I've only spoken with corporate one time. They are located in Ruston, La. The homes are very nice homes, with nice yards. The problem comes when you need something fixed. I don't think they are properly staffed or they are overwhelmed. Pest control is in the contract, but if they do come every month they never leave a note saying they have been in your home. I can only speak for my friend who lives in Plum Tree , but she has had a mouse problem which just began. These homes are next to a cotton field and I know that mice are around. Mice should not have access to your home.She put down poison and sticky traps. they did not come plug in areas that they thought the mice were coming into her home. She has killed at least 7 and has seen a couple more. Her home is immaculate and this of course disturbs her and she is moving out because nothing has been done on Verona's end. I suggest you check with the local authorities and check out crime in the area. It is a quiet area, but not everyone wants to work for what they want. It may not sound like it, but I like living here. I believe this is a great place to live. My major concern is only that they are slow to repair. Very nice and friendly people

Since: Apr 11

Monroe, LA

#3 Dec 8, 2012
This is low income housing, I'm sure your aware of it if your living there, no one would actually pay real money to live in the hood...saying that, if your only paying 36$ month to live there you cant really legitimately complain about anything can you?
wow

Monroe, LA

#4 Dec 9, 2012
RAZORBK wrote:
This is low income housing, I'm sure your aware of it if your living there, no one would actually pay real money to live in the hood...saying that, if your only paying 36$ month to live there you cant really legitimately complain about anything can you?
Im sorry but you information is completely wrong my sister lives there and her rent is $500.00 per month maybe more. Why dont you read the local paper when Verona runs and ad for vacancies, better yet go pick up and applicaation and the rates are on there. Instead of being a smartass be a smartass with the right information thank you!
why

Rayville, LA

#5 Dec 9, 2012
Why should someone other than the RESIDENT clean the RESIDENTS very own house.. should they unclog drains, take out trash, and flush toilets also

Oklahoma City, OK

#6 Dec 11, 2012
I got news for you your sister is overpaying, the add absolutely says 500$ to 700$, but if you don't have income the housing authority office in tallulah with pay it to Verona on your behalf, they do rent for 500$ but to the goverment, not the individual...I would pay 700$ because of my skin color, but the price is based on your income and socially disadvantaged status lets be honest, not even a minority with 700$ to spend on rent is gonna want to move to the projects...I'm not trying to be a smarts ass but this is low income housing project built and financed but the us goverment, just another welfare hatchery, plain and simple...I've done contract work for them before and I know what's going on, somewhere between 36-120$ a month based on income is paid buy the renter and the rest is paid by my taxes, your welcome
Common Sense

Monroe, LA

#7 Dec 12, 2012
Actually most people in Rayville do not have Section 8. The idea of Section 8 in Rayville was struck down by the late Joe Kalil. However, there are original Tallulah residents that moved to Rayville because the houses accepted the Section 8 vouchers. Most of the Rayville residents are paying full price for the rent. I believe that a 3 bedroom ranges in rent from $500 to $575, depending on which set of houses you stay in. Im not completely sure about a 4 bedroom. So you are partially correct. Everyone is not looking for a government handout.

Monroe, LA

#8 Dec 13, 2012
I'd be willing to bet 95% of people in there recieved food stamps and Medicaid...and 75% are on reduced or no rent at all, and less than 20% have jobs
Common Sense

Monroe, LA

#9 Dec 13, 2012
I think your numbers are a little high. How about the next time that you are in town doing contract work you take a survey. I personally know that there are a lot of working older couples who live in those houses. I mean older as in their children are grown. So therefore, they would not qualify for food stamps and Medicaid. Precentages are very tricky. People are quick to throw out numbers, and not know the facts behind them. And the orginial comment was about the mice problem that a tenant was having. Why did you feel the need to attack her stating they were low income houses? Rodents carry diseases. She has every right to complain. Those houses were built on lots that had been overgrown fields for years. They should have taking that into consideration. Everything is not about low income, food stamps, Medicaid, and government assistance. But I guess some people are so stuck in the older times to see anything else. So is it safe to assume that you are some redneck wearing overalls with no shirt, yard full of empty beer cans, mouth full of chewing tobacco, and married to your second cousin? Be careful. Everyone can be stereotyped.
wow

Monroe, LA

#10 Dec 16, 2012
RAZORBK wrote:
I'd be willing to bet 95% of people in there recieved food stamps and Medicaid...and 75% are on reduced or no rent at all, and less than 20% have jobs
Once again you are wrong!!!
wow

Monroe, LA

#11 Dec 16, 2012
Common Sense wrote:
Actually most people in Rayville do not have Section 8. The idea of Section 8 in Rayville was struck down by the late Joe Kalil. However, there are original Tallulah residents that moved to Rayville because the houses accepted the Section 8 vouchers. Most of the Rayville residents are paying full price for the rent. I believe that a 3 bedroom ranges in rent from $500 to $575, depending on which set of houses you stay in. Im not completely sure about a 4 bedroom. So you are partially correct. Everyone is not looking for a government handout.
Exactly my sister's pays the full amount in rent and I know a quite a few more who pay full price in rent. The only people that are getting section 8 are from Tallulah.
why

Monroe, LA

#12 Jan 22, 2013
WOW, You talk of stereotypes, but then say people were duped b/c there housing was built on a rodent farm? Too funny, but people like you perpetuate stereotypes
Common Sense

Monroe, LA

#13 Jan 23, 2013
why wrote:
WOW, You talk of stereotypes, but then say people were duped b/c there housing was built on a rodent farm? Too funny, but people like you perpetuate stereotypes
If your reply was directed towards me, I did NOT say that they were duped. I said that the housing complex should have taken proper precautions to avoid the situation. The issue of stereotypes arose once another poster made the comment about the residents paying little or no rent. And "people like you" means what......?
Nosey Josey

Jena, LA

#14 Jan 23, 2013
I think people like youwould refer to blacks dont you Common Sense? Unless your a white crackhead.
why

Monroe, LA

#15 Jan 29, 2013
"People like you meens exactly what i implied": People that rush to judgement based on absolutely no facts, but actually based on their very own insecurities. At no point did i mention skin color; i didnt even imply it. The only thing i "implied" or actually stated was "Let the buyer beware." In summation, a lil research into any significant purchase would be wise. But calling me a white crackhead only exemplifies the irony of this whole thread, moreover magnifying the blatant stereotypical behavior of "you people". The lack of, or excess of melatonin in my skin has absolutely nada with anything..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Start Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 1 hr Hold on there 3,079
Who do you support for 5th district Congressman 9 hr oldanslow 4
open carry? Sat concerned citizen 1
Mangham ballpark Aug 27 People Watch wron... 50
The Chief Aug 26 The eye sees all 22
Gay Snapchat????? Aug 26 adam_chidlaw1 24
'Duck Dynasty' wine: Will Bible Belt fans approve? (Nov '13) Aug 24 Lola 293
•••
•••
•••

Start Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000