Merle

Basile, LA

#1 Dec 1, 2008
Anybody ever heard of him? I saw on the e-net that he was opening a horse training facility in Start after the 1st of the year. Anybody know where it might be? Thanks
merle

Spring, TX

#2 Dec 3, 2008
Nobody?
lisa

United States

#3 Dec 18, 2008
Merle wrote:
Anybody ever heard of him? I saw on the e-net that he was opening a horse training facility in Start after the 1st of the year. Anybody know where it might be? Thanks
I used him a year ago and my horse almost died under his care.
Merle

Basile, LA

#4 Dec 21, 2008
lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
I used him a year ago and my horse almost died under his care.
We used him too just before he left Louisiana a year or so ago. Same thing. Our horse had lost a LOT of weight (some weight loss is understandable)He talked a big talk but by his own admission hadn't ridden our horse till the 4th week of a 2 month contract. We took the horse home right away and tried to get our money back. He said "good luck" I been sued before. We are trying to get the word out that he is less than honest.
merle

Spring, TX

#5 Dec 27, 2008
Keepin him fresh!
Merle

Basile, LA

#6 Jan 12, 2009
Anybody else had dealings with him?
Lisa

United States

#7 Feb 11, 2009
I just saw in the ALexandria Louisiana Paper that he and his wife have opened a restuarant there..guess the horse training wasnt working out.
I bet I know why!!!
Lisa

United States

#8 Feb 11, 2009
Lisa wrote:
I just saw in the ALexandria Louisiana Paper that he and his wife have opened a restuarant there..guess the horse training wasnt working out.
I bet I know why!!!
Says that he has been catering for 15 years in Arizona...strange maybe that is why our horses werent taken care of to busy cooking..
merle

Spring, TX

#9 Mar 7, 2009
He is not a very honest person. He was working in N La. just 2 years ago. He was training/ruining horses at a MFT farm in La., not in Arizona! What was the name of their restuarant, you remember?
Dont Know

United States

#10 Mar 7, 2009
But I heard that the horse chop tasted like chicken
Set the record straight

United States

#11 Mar 8, 2009
Mr. Thrash is a very good horse trainer. He has shown or had his hands on 8 World Champions. This does not happen by being dishonest or not knowing how to take care of horses. He has shipped horses over seas to Israel, he is a judge and has put on horse clinics before. When you are in the horse training world you do not make all your clients happy.There are two sides to all storys so you need to get all the facts before you judge someone. The so called back yard horse people do not always know what they are talking about. To the people talking bad about him ,what have ya"ll done in the horse world ? How many championships do you have , And what judges cards do you hold? Mr. Thrash has never mistreated or abused any horse that I know of.
merle

Spring, TX

#12 Mar 8, 2009
Set the record straight wrote:
Mr. Thrash is a very good horse trainer. He has shown or had his hands on 8 World Champions. This does not happen by being dishonest or not knowing how to take care of horses. He has shipped horses over seas to Israel, he is a judge and has put on horse clinics before. When you are in the horse training world you do not make all your clients happy.There are two sides to all storys so you need to get all the facts before you judge someone. The so called back yard horse people do not always know what they are talking about. To the people talking bad about him ,what have ya"ll done in the horse world ? How many championships do you have , And what judges cards do you hold? Mr. Thrash has never mistreated or abused any horse that I know of.
My facts are just that. FACTS! Not a second hand story.
Easy Acres

United States

#13 Mar 9, 2009
In regards to Misuse and abuse to our Equine friends. I also know first hand about Mr. Thrash's abilities with horses and personally I can say that he never purposely put a horse at risk of any kind. There are a few things that so called horsemen need to realize and being the educated horseman that I am in multiple areas including nutrition, veterinarian care, etc...... here are a couple....

1. Any educated horse person knows that when you take your horse to any facility there are ALWAYS risks of airborne or otherwise infectious diseases due to the fact that many people falsify information regarding vaccination schedules to their trainer.....Did your horse have all the appropriate vaccinations prior to shipping, how about nutritional requirements. Do you know this by your own assumption or did you consult your veterinarian in the suitable vaccines. How dependable is he or she. Sometimes the lower paid help (not necessarily hired by the trainer but the owner of the facility) may not always sanitize as he/she should and no one would be the wiser if it was a bacterial or fungal infection.

Did Mr. Thrash assist in any way to help maintain the proper environment for your horse......As I recall he even went to the veterinarian with you out of concern......not duty.

2. When you drop your horse off at a trainers you expect weight loss. I had several trained with Mr. Thrash as well as other trainers and it is always the same.....weight loss, weight loss and again, weight loss. If their not losing weight then he's not riding them and then we have a problem.

3. When you take a horse to a trainer and the trainer determines by the actions of the horse that it would not be in their best interest to train this horse for purposes of personal injury then the trainer has a right to send the horse on its merry way without the threat of having to refund monies that had to be used in housing the clients horse. It doesn't matter if it was determined after 1 day or 1 month. You have no idea the attempts that were made unless you take the time to be concerned and ask your trainer first. It still takes money to make an attempt with the horse, clean its stall and feed.

I could probably state many other facts regarding the original statements already made but I do know first hand that within 30 minutes of me leaving my horses with Mr. Thrash he was riding them and they were moving forward. I am not saying that he is perfect, but he does know horses and he has a track record to prove it. I have seen him go up against the best in the business and send them with their tails between their legs. The individuals that generally have a problem with him are the ones that can't take it straight. By the way, when each of you had these problems with Mr. Thrash, did you discuss your concerns with him or maybe just brush it under the carpet and gripe about it later. In that case you have no right to slander someone in a way that could have a very detrimental impact on character.

Him and his wife do have a well established restaurant and unless you've had their cooking you may be best to leave your opinions to yourself. They did cater for many years in Arizona where he also worked with MFT's. He also trained in a nice facility in Start, LA and another in the Winnsboro, LA area. Both of which I had the chance to be at. There is one thing that everyone must understand. Trainers are like toothbrushes, all different sizes, colors, shapes and sizes. If you get one you don't like, then find one that works for you, but don't ruin them by slandering them in such a way as this. If you want to complain to your friends, then fine. But there are two sides to every story.....and then there is the TRUTH. NoOne is going to discredit themselves and that's okay, but be a bit more considerate of the other individual until you know the entire situation.
merle

Spring, TX

#14 Mar 10, 2009
Easy Acres wrote:
In regards to Misuse and abuse to our Equine friends. I also know first hand about Mr. Thrash's abilities with horses and personally I can say that he never purposely put a horse at risk of any kind. There are a few things that so called horsemen need to realize and being the educated horseman that I am in multiple areas including nutrition, veterinarian care, etc...... here are a couple....
1. Any educated horse person knows that when you take your horse to any facility there are ALWAYS risks of airborne or otherwise infectious diseases due to the fact that many people falsify information regarding vaccination schedules to their trainer.....Did your horse have all the appropriate vaccinations prior to shipping, how about nutritional requirements. Do you know this by your own assumption or did you consult your veterinarian in the suitable vaccines. How dependable is he or she. Sometimes the lower paid help (not necessarily hired by the trainer but the owner of the facility) may not always sanitize as he/she should and no one would be the wiser if it was a bacterial or fungal infection.
Did Mr. Thrash assist in any way to help maintain the proper environment for your horse......As I recall he even went to the veterinarian with you out of concern......not duty.
2. When you drop your horse off at a trainers you expect weight loss. I had several trained with Mr. Thrash as well as other trainers and it is always the same.....weight loss, weight loss and again, weight loss. If their not losing weight then he's not riding them and then we have a problem.
3. When you take a horse to a trainer and the trainer determines by the actions of the horse that it would not be in their best interest to train this horse for purposes of personal injury then the trainer has a right to send the horse on its merry way without the threat of having to refund monies that had to be used in housing the clients horse. It doesn't matter if it was determined after 1 day or 1 month. You have no idea the attempts that were made unless you take the time to be concerned and ask your trainer first. It still takes money to make an attempt with the horse, clean its stall and feed.
I could probably state many other facts regarding the original statements already made but I do know first hand that within 30 minutes of me leaving my horses with Mr. Thrash he was riding them and they were moving forward. I am not saying that he is perfect, but he does know horses and he has a track record to prove it. I have seen him go up against the best in the business and send them with their tails between their legs. The individuals that generally have a problem with him are the ones that can't take it straight. By the way, when each of you had these problems with Mr. Thrash, did you discuss your concerns with him or maybe just brush it under the carpet and gripe about it later. In that case you have no right to slander someone in a way that could have a very detrimental impact on character.
Him and his wife do have a well established restaurant and unless you've had their cooking you may be best to leave your opinions to yourself. They did cater for many years in Arizona where he also worked with MFT's. He also trained in a nice facility in Start, LA and another in the Winnsboro, LA area. Both of which I had the chance to be at. There is one thing that everyone must understand. Trainers are like toothbrushes, all different sizes, colors, shapes and sizes. If you get one you don't like, then find one that works for you, but don't ruin them by slandering them in such a way as this. If you want to complain to your friends, then fine. But there are two sides to every story.....and then there is the TRUTH. NoOne is going to discredit themselves and that's okay, but be a bit more considerate of the other individual until you know the entire situation.
Gee, I wonder who this is?!
Lisa

United States

#15 Mar 18, 2009
Mine are the facts as well. My colt was taken to the vet the day he went to Donnie and he went back the day I picked him up due to him being sick. My vet is very reputable and happens to be the son of the man that owns the stables where Donnie worked. I have vet bills to prove everything.
Merle

Iowa, LA

#16 Apr 5, 2009
What's the name of their restuarant? We saw them at the sale barn last week. The public needs to know when they are eating horse!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Start Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 2 hr The real Not Land... 3,343
Adam Terry Gets DWI Fri LMAO 1
Gay Snapchat????? Fri rubyfurniss 34
open carry? Sep 17 Vic Caban 5
sex Sep 17 Anonymous 1
Review: Albert E Loomis III Sep 15 Douglassright 2
Who knows anything about John Fling? Sep 10 CarrieGurl 1
•••
•••
•••

Start Jobs

•••
•••