home hardware of rayville

home hardware of rayville

Posted in the Start Forum

aggravated consumer

Benton, LA

#1 May 9, 2013
Ok so this place is extremely in need of better management. I have heard the same stories over and over and I have personally experienced this so called hardware store. No one has any idea of anything in there. I think only one person who is there has hardware experience. Stories all over facebook of customer complaints. Wake up owners, Rayville needs a hardware store don't let it die!
Mangham Resident

Church Point, LA

#2 May 9, 2013
aggravated consumer wrote:
Ok so this place is extremely in need of better management. I have heard the same stories over and over and I have personally experienced this so called hardware store. No one has any idea of anything in there. I think only one person who is there has hardware experience. Stories all over facebook of customer complaints. Wake up owners, Rayville needs a hardware store don't let it die!
So I guess when you started your first job you was so dang perfect at it and you know your way around the area so dang good. Give them a break they just opened. People like you is what will make the business shutter.

United States

#3 May 9, 2013
Its no different than going to home depot or Walmart. And they have ben around for a long time. So why complain on a young business so soon?
WTR

Tullos, LA

#4 May 9, 2013
aggravated consumer wrote:
It's a hardware store!! If you don't know your way around it or have any idea what your going to get you may want to hire someone to do your handyman jobs for you!
rayville res

United States

#5 May 10, 2013
The people complaining just want the store to shut down, but it ant gonna happen!
Bleeds Purple

Vidalia, LA

#6 May 13, 2013
I can't tell you how many extra trips my husband and I have had to take back to monroe to Lowe's to get some kind of fitting we didn't realize we needed until after the fact. I'm so glad that they put a Home Hardware in Rayville. When I go to Home Depot, I can never find anyone to help us find something as it is a big store. The Home Hardware store is not that big.. you should be able to find what you need if you know what your looking for. I haven't heard anyone complaining about Home Hardware and haven't seen anything on facebook. I do not hang around with people that gripe and grumble all of the time either though.
rayville citizen

United States

#7 May 13, 2013
I agree with the person who started the subject. We went in to get a quart of paint. It took 45 minutes to get the paint mixed and the man didn't even know how to work the machine. The checker I had was extremely rude. And if you work at a hardware store you need to know the difference in 3/4 in plywood and 1/2 inch plywood.
Hopeful

United States

#8 May 13, 2013
My experience there was horrible as well. The guy in the lumber yard was very unprofessional. He was talking on his earpiece for his phone, dressed like a thug and honestly I had to show him what I paid for
for sure

Winnsboro, LA

#9 May 13, 2013
If you dont like it, go somewhere else. I dont believe anyone twisted your arm and made you go there. If you were just starting a job would you know everything? Not.....Give them a chance, we needed this bad in Rayville for a long time......
Slug

Mamou, LA

#10 May 13, 2013
You folks must not have ever been in a wal mart? They can't find anything especially the outdoor or automotive section. But, we continue to shop there and just find it ourselves. These folks need training instead of being just turned loose. I'll continue to support wal mart and will support the hardware store as well. Why? Because we need them both!!
rayville res

United States

#11 May 13, 2013
I bet all the complaints are coming the same person, just under different name. Great store...
WTR

Sarepta, LA

#12 May 13, 2013
I'll bet the one complaining is a former employee of the store that got canned because of his job performance.

United States

#13 May 13, 2013
People will always find something to complain about. Its just the human nature. Especially the rayvilleites.
aggravated consumer

Benton, LA

#14 May 15, 2013
Ok when I started the forum I said they needed new management and said we needed the store. No one wants the store closed just do your dang job.
hopeful

Benton, LA

#15 May 15, 2013
rayville res wrote:
I bet all the complaints are coming the same person, just under different name. Great store...
No I never worked there. If I did the employees there couldn't work for me if they couldn't do their job. You're probably the one with the phone on his ear with your pants around your ankles
sweet

Benton, LA

#16 May 15, 2013
bet the one complaining is a former employee of the store that got canned because of his job performance.
And I bet your the one with the pants around his ankles on the phone....apparently you are one of the employees talking about people getting canned...or are you the rude stuck up at the register?
lol

Benton, LA

#17 May 15, 2013
You people kill me. The first time someone complains about bad service you start blaming everyone instead of fixing the problem. Every business idc if it's young or old will have complaints. But if you don't have critisism you can't grow and learn and do better.
bobbie

Charlotte, NC

#18 Jan 13, 2016
I lived in Rayville and graduated from high school there.i found.this topic. I know nothing about the new hardware store. I just wanted to say I enjoyed the old picture of Rayville. I hope they will continue them. Thanks for sharing.bobbie ( dunn) sepulvado?
Steve

Oak Grove, LA

#19 Jan 17, 2016
If you have to ask people who work at a hardware store what you need, you don't need to be there anyway. And you obviously never went to the original hardware store in Rayville because one of the ladies at home hardware ran it it for years. I go in there on almost a daily basis and the people are helpful. They are not contractors they work at a hardware store don't expect them to be professionals on home repair.Out of hundred times going in there I can't think of a bad experience and I don't know how you could have one go get your hardware that you need and pay and leave. That simple same with lowes and Home Depot or any other hardware store.
Jewel

Frisco, TX

#20 Jan 17, 2016
I think everyone was quick to jump on the bandwagon. I agree we need the business in Rayville, and I also agree if they are going to work there they need the training. My father and husband often send me to a hardware store to purchase items for them. I will be the first to admit, I don't have a clue about home hardware items. It would be nice to ask an associate and get assistance finding those items. I could see where it would be an inconvenience if the associates aren't knowledgeable about the products they are selling. What if I opened a restaurant in Rayville and hired people who didn't know how to cook? Would you still eat there? I think all the original poster was doing was asking that they train their employees before the business goes under.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Start Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brittany Alcorn AKA Sabina from Backpages Jan 9 Shane 1
Start Music Thread (Sep '13) Dec 27 Musikologist 11
Gay/Bi/DL Guys in Michigan (Jun '16) Dec 21 FLAWLESSLY08 20
I have a hot gf but i am obsessed with big boob... Dec 21 Blondmaleloveboobs 1
blackmail me Nov '16 sexy gay Nelson 1
Recent poll shows majority of Americans feel Do... Nov '16 HILLARYS TRUTH NUKES 1
take a dump on trump because hes a big mouth chump Nov '16 HILLARYS TRUTH NUKES 1

Start Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Start Mortgages