Pastor returns to U.S. care

Full story: Myrtle Beach Online

After more than four months in a Moscow prison, the Rev. Phillip Miles was released today and returned to the care of American officials, church officials said.
Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jun 24, 2008
The Cynic

Sumter, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2008

Congratulations to the Reverand, his family, and flock. He is fortunate not to have to serve the minimum sentence (3 years) for smuggling.

I wonder if he would have been charged with anything had he declared the bullets at Customs in Russia.

That was some kind of cage they kept him in during the courtroom proceedings. I'll be he has stories to tell....
Frequent Reader

Longs, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2008

So glad to hear he's coming home. I know the family will be happy to see him. This whole thing could have gotten really ugly.
SHOVELHEAD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2008

I dont know him but I think he was a victim of circumstance I dont think there was any intentional breaking of the law in his case The Lord sure works in mysterious ways SHOVELHEAD GCB SC
Concerned Citizen

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2008

From Myrtle Beach - Attended CCC for 4 years, and Pastor Miles is an honorable, deeply spiritual man who would never do anything intentionally against the law here or in any foreign country. It was a costly human error that got him in jail, and it was God who ultimately freed him and answered the prayers of all who prayed for him. God know the intentions of His people long before the events happen, and that's why he was freed. May God bless you and your family Pastor Miles!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Starr Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Starr People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••