What New In Stanwood?

Posted in the Stanwood Forum

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

#1 Jun 22, 2007
I graduated from Stanwood in 88! Almost 20 years, wow! I haven't been back much since I moved to Spokane in 92! The couple of times I did visit I really noticed it was growing a lot! I guess it probably been at least 7 or 8 years since my last visit! Have there been a lot more changes? I remember when the only real hang out was the High school parking lot or the Dairy Queen! There must be some better spots by now! lol.
Ray

Camano Island, WA

#2 Jul 7, 2007
Its gone completely nuts. Smokey Point is worse then Stanwood at this point, they threw up a costco, target, red robin, best buy, and a few other stores behind Chevron where the plant farm used to be. Takes about 40 minutes to get from where Van's tavern used to be (now a rite-aid) to Lakewood high school...no joke. The entire north county is ruined, and is pretty much a Lynnwood now. Stanwood is next as a HUGE development is planned for the area between LK Goodwin and Stanwood.

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

#3 Jul 30, 2007
Ray wrote:
Its gone completely nuts. Smokey Point is worse then Stanwood at this point, they threw up a costco, target, red robin, best buy, and a few other stores behind Chevron where the plant farm used to be. Takes about 40 minutes to get from where Van's tavern used to be (now a rite-aid) to Lakewood high school...no joke. The entire north county is ruined, and is pretty much a Lynnwood now. Stanwood is next as a HUGE development is planned for the area between LK Goodwin and Stanwood.
Thanks for the heads up! I will be visiting the West side in August I guess I'll have to stop in and check it out!
Tamara24

Spokane, WA

#4 Jul 25, 2008

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City wants down town Stanwood to look like Mill... (Aug '13) Jun '14 Scott 2
Hundreds attend SAC Health Fair (Nov '13) Nov '13 Successful Chirop... 2
schools (Aug '13) Aug '13 cmciver 1
Huckleberry Island transferred to Samish (Jun '10) Jul '13 morelike 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Washington... (Oct '10) Jul '13 Michael Monson 5
Get ready for more neighbors (Jul '07) Jun '13 Thad 4
Review: Dukas Sideshow Tattoo (Apr '13) Apr '13 Graham 1

Stanwood News Video

Stanwood Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Stanwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:27 am PST