Be on the lookout for little lost Olive

Mar 11, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Herald

“I was assisting four little girls. I would guess they were from 5 to 8 years old”

Talk about a creepy story. Nice lady Donna Anderson, 77, on Feb. 28 noticed her neighbor's beagle puppy, Olive, in the middle of the road in front of her home in the 1800 block of Second Street in Marysville. via The Herald

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Heidi Brown

Edmonds, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2008

Thank you for posting this. I miss Olive, and I am not giving up hope.
Much Love,
Heidi
John Arlington

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2008

I see your signs everyday, I feel sorry for you but you probably wont see your dog again, Im sure its being taken care of though, get a new dog, beagle dig thier way out of anything maybe think of a different dog and dont let it in the street this time.
HeidisDad

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2008

John Arlington wrote:
I see your signs everyday, I feel sorry for you but you probably wont see your dog again, Im sure its being taken care of though, get a new dog, beagle dig thier way out of anything maybe think of a different dog and dont let it in the street this time.
John, What a stupid and insensitive thing to say.
She never let that dog out of her sight for a minute until that day. "Don't let it in the street this time" You Jerk!
Heidi Brown

Edmonds, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2008

Thanks Dad....
Olive never left my side. In the letter that I sent to the Marysville Globe, I noted that I work from home and set her outside for 10 minutes-- this is the longest duration she was EVER by herself. I ran outside as soon as she got out, and actually just missed the truck that BLATENTLY stole my dog. It happened literally within a 2 minute time period until I noticed she had escaped. My neighbor was STILL on her front steps.
It is sad that we live in a world where we have to get our dogs "microchipped," or keep them locked inside all day for fear that someone might take them. I can honestly say I have never stolen anything in my entire life, and I did NOT deserve this... let alone set myself up for her to be taken.
I pray every night that those people needed a puppy more than I did, and that she was meant to leave me. Otherwise, I cannot fathom how anyone could do such a horrific thing.
I dont want a different dog-- I want MY dog back, and I will continue to look for her. Don't feel bad for me.... I feel bad for you for saying such a heartless thing.
Peace.
Mark the Brit

Hemel Hempstead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2008

This was a despicable act of malicious and callous theft. Anyone who has owned a pet knows how they become an integral part of the family, and to have them stolen it totally intolerable.

Someone who reads this knows something about this; somebody’s neighbour has a new dog or a black pick-up with a beagle pup.

I hope that this town does not become like some parts of the UK where popular dogs have to wear non-removable GPS tracking devices in the fear of being stolen. I urge you to do something now, make that phone call if you know anything or even suspect someone, stop the rot.
Robyn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2008

Heidi,
I hope that you do get your dog back.
Perhaps other loving animal owners can help you.
Has there been a police report? Do you have a description of the van that took the dog?
Have you thought about taking this to a cable channel for your area. A public service story. People need to know this has happened to protect their pet and also to help look for yours.
Isn't there a public cable channel for local people to speak on local topics? I think there is. If the word get's far enough maybe someone who has a new puppy will have a neighbor who has learned about this story and will turn that dog thief in.
Advertise and be a squeeky wheel. This merits the attention you'll give it.
Don't forget to ask your friends and family to help put together a reward. It's sad that money would be the motivating factor for someone to help you but I'm sure the money would be well spent to have your little buddy back.
Maybe a good idea would be to make the thief pay everyone back for the reward money!!
Restitution might make this a crime not worth repeating...
Keep us all informed. I know there are many people hoping to see a happy update!!
Warm Regards,
A fellow animal lover/owner
Sammy

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2008

There are a lot of dogs in the Machias area that are left to wander the streets. Some because the owner doesn't look after their dog. Others because the prior owner thought leaving them on the side of the road was a more humane thing to do than taking them to a shelter. A few are adventurous "escapees" like your beagle is reported to be. The starkly cold FACT is that 4 of 5 of these dogs that I don't pick up are found later, dead in the ditch.

I do pick up wandering dogs if they come when I call. If there is a phone number, microchip or ID on the dog, I do attempt to find the owner or I turn them over to animal control to do that for me.

So, have you checked with animal control? Obviously you had the animal tagged with an ID somehow .... RIGHT???
Heidis dad

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2008

Sammy wrote:
There are a lot of dogs in the Machias area that are left to wander the streets. Some because the owner doesn't look after their dog. Others because the prior owner thought leaving them on the side of the road was a more humane thing to do than taking them to a shelter. A few are adventurous "escapees" like your beagle is reported to be. The starkly cold FACT is that 4 of 5 of these dogs that I don't pick up are found later, dead in the ditch.
I do pick up wandering dogs if they come when I call. If there is a phone number, microchip or ID on the dog, I do attempt to find the owner or I turn them over to animal control to do that for me.
So, have you checked with animal control? Obviously you had the animal tagged with an ID somehow .... RIGHT???
Sammy, Did you "Read" the article? Her neighbor was outside chasing the dog when SHE WAS STOLEN
It wasn't some good samaritian like you trying to keep the dog from ending up dead in the ditch.
John Arlington

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2008

buy your daughter a new dog.....PLEASE.
Sammy

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

Heidis dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Sammy, Did you "Read" the article? Her neighbor was outside chasing the dog when SHE WAS STOLEN
It wasn't some good samaritian like you trying to keep the dog from ending up dead in the ditch.
Actually, no I didn't I first got there by a forums and Polls link. I read the article later.

Stealing a dog like this is something one of those fools, who think leaving a dog by the road is a good idea, would do. I hope you find your dog. If I see a beagle on the loose, I'll take a closer look just for you.
John Arlington

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

glad it wasnt your baby...geez.. be more responsible.
John Arlington

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2008

now that you don't have a dog to take care of why don't you do a little yard work take some pride in your home, it looks bad..
Heidi Brown

Edmonds, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

First of all, thank you Robyn and Sammy. I appreciate your kind words, and thoughts. Olive is still missing, and we I look for her everyday. My four year old nephew repeatedly says, "There is a black "hick up" truck!!"

To John Arlington: Wow. I am just in shock actually. The fact that you drive by my house and watch my life is a bit scary, not to mention, a little sick.

If you have such hatred for my life, and my post about a stolen dog... do you want to fight all 100lbs of me? I'm sure that will make you look really tough. Come beat me up buddy. You know where I live.
Heidis dad

Bothell, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2008

Thanks Mark, Sammy & Robyn!
John Arlington

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2008

its the way I go to work not going out of my way, just get over itand do some yard work.
Brenda

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2008

I'm sorry about the loss of your dog, I hope someone will do the right thing and return her...

As for you John A, I would almost think from your comments that you may be responsible for taking the Dog in the first place...the only piece that doesn't fit, is that a woman with long black hair picked up the dog and that would imply that a woman would tolerate being around you..so I guess your off the hook on that.

As for your comments about the condition of the yard of the lady who had her dog stolen...If it bothers you so much, why don't you go help her fix it up? I'm sure your mom would love you to get off the Mac in her basement and get some exercise. I've done a quick search of your handle and I see you are the Village Idiot on many of the blogs posted, so you must spend most of your sorry existance being bitter to others and exposing your ignorance. Get some help John, you are a very messed up individual. Brenda

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stanwood Discussions

Search the Stanwood Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) 10 hr EasyEed 710
City wants down town Stanwood to look like Mill... (Aug '13) Jun '14 Scott 2
Hundreds attend SAC Health Fair (Nov '13) Nov '13 Successful Chiropractor 2
schools (Aug '13) Aug '13 cmciver 1
Huckleberry Island transferred to Samish (Jun '10) Jul '13 morelike 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Washington... (Oct '10) Jul '13 Michael Monson 5
Get ready for more neighbors (Jul '07) Jun '13 Thad 4
•••
•••

Stanwood News Video

•••
•••

Stanwood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Stanwood People Search