Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148102 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#78564 May 13, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is not a perversion. No one is going to force you to be a homosexual. It's not that complicated.
You are not holier than thou--especially not when you try to justify the taking away of equal rights--so don't try to say that you're righteous.
TY, well said.

“There is no god.”

USA

#78565 May 13, 2012
QIC wrote:
<quoted text>
shame on you for calling what that man had to say was tripe, WRONG. it made perfect sense
and i agreed with every word of it. "yes" you're a real fool to wave off wisdom as if it lacked merit.
when in fact if was quite thoughtful. the problem it seems is salts keeps forgetting to agree with
your delusional azz. i read your post every day in hopes you'll more progressive in your thinking but
a last 2 no avail. please never make yourself look foolish by calling good writings, tripe, now on to you.
you suck. any idea how insane you sound? think you know this god of yours is dead but you're so far
into it, like the game of poker, you're all in. but what you say gets old. us gays will be looking forward
to your full on support at this years fund drives and parades. maybe if you're hot ya could get a lap dance. lol keep hope alive..
Good post

“There is no god.”

USA

#78568 May 13, 2012
have faith wrote:
Christians, God has a new mission for us. The war on drugs in America has created a black market that is making evil men rich in Mexico and killing innocent people. The war on drugs is breaking up families and hurting children and sick people. I think the Lord would be against warehousing people for money in for profit prisons.I have never smoked or even seen marijuana. I have relatives that have ruined their lives with pills and alcohol and they were prescribed one and could buy the other at the store. God hates hypocrisy and this is definitely the biggest one ever. God bless and yes we should teach the bible in the schools, if parents don't like it, sign a piece of paper excusing your kid from it. Most kids will go and learn good lessons.
Did he call you, text you or was it telepathy that god used to tell you of the new mission?

“There is no god.”

USA

#78569 May 13, 2012
what the hell wrote:
another pile of horsehsit being pushed here again .
not one of you can prove to me that god or satan is walking around right now on this planet , never has , never will ,!
let me tell you some real truth , a god that would give up his child to love you that much so you may have life and more of it , why the fucck is everyone dying of starvation that has done nothing no one , you have been decieved by a book that man wrote period ! now if for some reason it is true that a god gave his son for you , made everything you see ? sounds like an awful greedy god to me !
Yep.
love

Morgantown, KY

#78570 May 13, 2012
what is it that the more you lose the more you have
ME THE REAL WORLD

Russell Springs, KY

#78572 May 13, 2012
This is a BAD IDEA our kids need to learn how to survive in the real world. Its the parents job to teach religion not the states. KEEP CHURCH AND STATE SEPARATE!!! Don't let this country recede back in to the dark ages. It had absolutely no place in Government schools. Kids have to learn to much BS as it is instead of what they need to learn. We need to prepare our kids for life.
jklm

United States

#78574 May 13, 2012
jghjgh
what the hell

London, KY

#78575 May 13, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Yep.
thank you , finally one who knows what i know , whats even funnier is the bastards get on tv wearing a wig , asking for a million fucckn dollars and these idiots give that wig wearing fool the damn money , you want real truth people i am one starved to death SOB , how can i get extra mo0ney , said i was right on the line , which was 17 dollars from getting food stamps , so how do i get this god to give me some money ?
what the hell

London, KY

#78576 May 13, 2012
can i get on tv on sunday and ask for just a few hundred ? can i get it ? bunch of fools give it to a wig wearing bitcch , poor little lady my azz !!!
what the hell

London, KY

#78577 May 13, 2012
ME THE REAL WORLD wrote:
This is a BAD IDEA our kids need to learn how to survive in the real world. Its the parents job to teach religion not the states. KEEP CHURCH AND STATE SEPARATE!!! Don't let this country recede back in to the dark ages. It had absolutely no place in Government schools. Kids have to learn to much BS as it is instead of what they need to learn. We need to prepare our kids for life.
you do know that the lunati organized church and government ! we have been willed into where we are with this stuff !!!
what the hell

London, KY

#78578 May 13, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Did he call you, text you or was it telepathy that god used to tell you of the new mission?
most likely an email lol !!!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#78581 May 14, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
<quoted text>
If God wanted you well, then why did he create disease? Why are there stories in the bible of him creating plagues that killed many people? So what you're saying isn't true, it's just a cop-out answer. "Oh, no, no, no--God is responsible for only good things; the devil is for the bad."
If you keep score while reading the bible, God is responsible for far more deaths than Satan. If we are to believe that the great flood happened, God is responsible for billions of deaths, while Satan is responsible for a handful.
Your view of sickness and it's treatments are very much outdated (like most of your views).
It has to do with Adam, and Eve!
It's trusting in the Second Adam, named Jesus that puts you on the Right side of God!
Hahaahahaha... outdated??? That's funny!
You believe what ever you want!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#78582 May 14, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is not a perversion. No one is going to force you to be a homosexual. It's not that complicated.
You are not holier than thou--especially not when you try to justify the taking away of equal rights--so don't try to say that you're righteous.
What about our Rights???
It's a two way street, or did you forget that!
17% gonna overide the rest of us??? NO!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#78583 May 14, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
<quoted text>
Burden of proof isn't on me.
"Homosexuality is not a perversion"
Can two penises make a baby? Can two vaginas? NO!
Just because a dog will hump yer leg, don't make it RIGHT!
Perversion of Nature, and God's design!
"You are not holier than thou"
Be ye Holy, as He is Holy!
Even I KNOW Killing babies is bad... How much holier do I need to be to be "holier than thou"?
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#78584 May 14, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously didn't scan it hard enough, or you would understand that you don't _know_ God is real--you _believe_ he is. Faith does not constitute proof.
There are no absolutes for the things you listed. What is perverted is subjective. What is right is subjective. What is wrong is subjective.
I love how you are so pompous as to _declare_ that anyone who disagrees with you is an imbecile. Your sense of logic, attempts at misleading people, and lack of compassion are perversions of human nature.
Have you ever stopped to think about why people tell you that you're wrong? Perhaps if you compared your own posts to those of more rational people who have appeared on this forum, you would see why everyone thinks you're bigoted, close-minded crazy, delusional, hateful, and sexist. You are everything the thinking man despises.
There have been plenty of religious people who have come on here and stated that they are against the bible being taught in schools even though it would be their own beliefs, or have commented on one of the many other topics that have surfaced here, and they have done so in a civilized manner. They did it without lashing out at other people or talking down to them.
I believe you should focus on the things that actually makes a person good--not their sexuality, affiliation with a political party, beliefs/lack of beliefs, or any other trivial issues you bring up.
A Fool in his heart says "There is no God"!
I will NOT be a fool, but go ahead, and be one yerself!
I KNOW God is Real!
Hope you know it too someday soon!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#78585 May 14, 2012
caterwaul wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus rocks....
Yes He does!
All these people saying He don't exist....
Don't WANT to know the Truth! Sad!
But Thak God we do! Amen!
Thank you Jesus... Thank you!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#78586 May 14, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
"I know for a fact..."
"I know for a fact..."
No, you just like to believe that you are so special that a universe-creating, omnipotent, invisible superbeing is taking care of you.
Repeating it over and over doesn't make it real, but I am sure you will keep on trying to convince others to share your delusion.
The insecure need validation desperately.
We DO know for a fact!
If we had evidence other than our words.... You STILL would not WANT to believe, and get your proof too!
We are praying for you!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#78588 May 14, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>....everyone that won't conform.
Yep... pretty much!
It's your choice to stand in the Long line!
Move to the short line!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#78589 May 14, 2012
love wrote:
what is it that the more you lose the more you have
Love!
But I think it's the more you 'give', not 'loose':-)
PhiTK

Science Hill, KY

#78590 May 14, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that when a Christian psychopath goes on a killing spree the Rest of the Christian World for the most part rise up to find the culprits, bring them to justice..... With Islam when a Muslim psychopath goes on a killing spree they are celebrated in the streets, parades held, walla painted with his image and Honored...For the most part...
Pack herd mentality is NOT exclusive to "religion".

That type of thing happened when Saddam the barbaric, treasonous, evil fasciist rogue murdering dictator was toppled as well.

For example: look at the OWS stuff of denigrate and detroy. Real similar decadent, illogical behavior at times.

I still think sometimes, hypothetically only of course, as any thought much beyond a minute or two like that, is a waste of thought time..but anyway.. if SADDAM HUSSIEN had NOT down trodden and broken his own country so badly, into INsolvency that he had to go an pilfer and steal from Kuwait, 9/11 may have never been.
And he was very blatant about being "secular" for the most part, whe he wasn't feining otherwise to dupe the masses.

Evil power mongering, greed etc., exists every where in many different sectors-NOT just in "religion".

And you can preach what ever you like about it, you're preaching to a WELL read choir on it.

INtolerance and disrespect of others beliefs, is culprit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ray Jones for Hillary Clinton 6 min Not Nice 97
Happy B-Day Zack Stevens 22 min Amy 1
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 6 hr One Eyed Willy 1,756
White women with blacks 8 hr Blackburn 8
lillie and mario lara (Jul '12) 8 hr I know 6
Christy Mullins/Rocky Road (Feb '13) 8 hr Shania Eaglefeather 47
Who was the woman giving head in the bathroom a... 8 hr Wants to know 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stanville Mortgages