Update: Nine year-old dies in group s...

Update: Nine year-old dies in group suicide; Mother blames Chil...

There are 113 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Oct 17, 2007, titled Update: Nine year-old dies in group suicide; Mother blames Chil.... In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

Saginaw- The last time Becki Jasinski saw her 9 year-old son Nicholas was the summer of 2005 "I can't hold my little boy anymore." Jasinski says two agencies are to blame for her son's death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Sherlock Holmes

United States

#103 Oct 22, 2007
Then why does she have her other 2 children back, if she is such a failure? Jack azz!
Common Sense

United States

#104 Oct 22, 2007
It would seem like the CPS department dropped the ball here, but why are they responsible for the well being of the children? I for one do not want the government dictating to me how, when and where to discipline my children (although this idiot went way across the line), but when there is a known problem then take care of it. Whether it is a neighbor, CPS, FOC,... I guess using the CPS logic if there is a killer in the house and he/she ONLY killed the wife then the rest of the family is still safe right???? The problem with most everything today is people do not use common sense. They hide behind laws that don't make sense, lawyers, stupidity and a plethora of other ingnorant arguments. As has been said many times and can be said here as well - A little common sense goes along way. I also find it interesting that CPS can't comment due to confidentiality laws. Common sense doesn't apply here either. They are dead!

Since: Sep 07

Arlington, VA

#105 Oct 23, 2007
Sue them wrote:
Sue them all, individually, for the crimes they committed in not protecting that child. And, pursue it until all people responsible including all the managers, supervisors, and administrators are held accountable!!!!! While prison numbers are an issue for discussion, these "county" people should be held liable.
The problem is not the social services system or that Friend of the Court agency. The problem is that our world is so messed up right now, with a world where people are treated like they are meaningless to others, persecuted based on their sexuality, etc. that........ a normal person has probably thought about committing suicide a good 20 times in their life.

Now, was the father in this case an absolute asshole? Yes, no child (actually, no human being!) deserves to have an electric cattle prod used on them for ANY reason whatsoever.
Social services did fail if these allegations are the truth, however the mother in question also failed by getting involved with this guy in the first place if she knew this was how he acted before she got married or got pregnant to and by him.

People say 'Pedosexuals are dangerous!' Yeah, I do not know ONE true pedosexual who, in their right mindstate, would do this to a child, force them to commit suicide with them.
Seems like the normal HETEROSEXUALS are more the dangerous ones in this world today, and some woman need to be slapped when they get involved with the 'bad boys' and conservative men, who are usually the ones who go to these outrageous methods of 'disciplining' a child.

Since: Sep 07

Arlington, VA

#106 Oct 23, 2007
Common Sense wrote:
It would seem like the CPS department dropped the ball here, but why are they responsible for the well being of the children? I for one do not want the government dictating to me how, when and where to discipline my children (although this idiot went way across the line), but when there is a known problem then take care of it. Whether it is a neighbor, CPS, FOC,... I guess using the CPS logic if there is a killer in the house and he/she ONLY killed the wife then the rest of the family is still safe right???? The problem with most everything today is people do not use common sense. They hide behind laws that don't make sense, lawyers, stupidity and a plethora of other ingnorant arguments. As has been said many times and can be said here as well - A little common sense goes along way. I also find it interesting that CPS can't comment due to confidentiality laws. Common sense doesn't apply here either. They are dead!
Well, the problem is that in most cases, CPS is more than willing to intervene in poor people's families, but not in middle to upper class families where children are being physically abused or neglected.
I hate to say that, but considering that I worked as a volunteer assistant to a social worker for awhile and she told me that bluntly on my first day.
Why do they only go after poor people? Because they lack the resources to fight them in most cases! When they realize that someone is willing to fight them..... they don't want to get involved.
Sherlock Holmes

United States

#107 Oct 23, 2007
Leria wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is not the social services system or that Friend of the Court agency. The problem is that our world is so messed up right now, with a world where people are treated like they are meaningless to others, persecuted based on their sexuality, etc. that........ a normal person has probably thought about committing suicide a good 20 times in their life.
Now, was the father in this case an absolute asshole? Yes, no child (actually, no human being!) deserves to have an electric cattle prod used on them for ANY reason whatsoever.
Social services did fail if these allegations are the truth, however the mother in question also failed by getting involved with this guy in the first place if she knew this was how he acted before she got married or got pregnant to and by him.
People say 'Pedosexuals are dangerous!' Yeah, I do not know ONE true pedosexual who, in their right mindstate, would do this to a child, force them to commit suicide with them.
Seems like the normal HETEROSEXUALS are more the dangerous ones in this world today, and some woman need to be slapped when they get involved with the 'bad boys' and conservative men, who are usually the ones who go to these outrageous methods of 'disciplining' a child.
How nice. Yet another idiot feels that their entitlement to freespeech is best used by verbally assaulting a mother who just buried her child saying it's her fault.
Nice commentary on societal ills, but who in the fuck asked you? Who cares right now that this cattle prodder was sexually oriented one way or the other...It is not the issue.
Getting back to the issue, mom TOLD CPS and others that this child was in danger, please PROTECT him. Now he's DEAD! Get it?
I hope she sues for willful neglect of duties, resulting in death. An act that is actionable INSPITE of "immunity" protections and confidentiality. You can't call your self a "CHILD PROTECTOR" and allow a child to DIE that you knew needed PROTECTING! THAT IS THE ISSUE!
Suzy

Ada, MI

#108 Oct 23, 2007
neecer wrote:
I need to correct my above statement.
The DHS worker didn't think he was in danger because the abuse didn't apply to him.*bangs head against the desk*
Here... read an updated story on mlive.
http://blog.mlive.com/grpress/2007/10/young_v...
And thank you to Suzy who pasted the original link. This is updated from the story I read earlier today, but on the same link. Thank you again Suzy!
You're very welcome. I'd also like to point out that ABC news has been keeping a very close watch on this and rumblings of Dateline getting involved have been heard around the area.. I think there will be much more to this story as time goes on.
MICHIGAN CPS SUCKS

Layton, UT

#109 Oct 25, 2007
To all of you out there saying that CPS is not responsible: In the State of Michigan CPS Handbook (that you can read online at Michigan's Website) it says that if CPS feels that a child is in imminent danger of abuse they do not need a court order all they need is local law enforcement to help and they can remove a child from a home.
With that being said: Why in the world did they after substantiating the cattle prodding leave little Nicholas in the home with the monster that abused his brothers???????
CPS was wrong and should own up to it.
I do agree with many of you who have posted that they would have taken the kids and left the State or the Country with them to protect them. I would have done the same!!!
But when CPS got ahold of this all 3 boys should have been removed whether or not they went with their mother is irrelevant. CPS had the opportunity to stop this before it happened and they sadly failed again.
They do need to be held accountable for their (non) actions in this case. Whether or not the mother should receive anything from it remains to be seen only because I do not know the whole case.
But CPS failed this child when they agreed that dear old dad was abusing the other boys and left this poor child with the nutjob who in turn killed his own child.It is about time that CPS is held accountable for their negligence in cases where a child dies and they had the opportunity to remove them.
turk1974

Louisville, CO

#110 Oct 26, 2007
i love my kids wrote:
<quoted text>you are so right my dear.i was just like you my stepfather did thing to us girls.that would just make us sick.my mom never said any thing to him she knew he was haveing sex with her girls and she just let it go on.i live in MONTCALM COUNTY and have been here for ever.i know that they do not care what the kids have to say.it is about the mom and dad only.we never told any one we just talk about how we would never let any one do this to our kids.he always told us that he would kill us if we ever said any thing to any one and i know he would have.i dont let any one by my kids.if any one was to come and do any thing to my kids i would kill them my kids are ever thing to me.we have to be there for them.just love are kids ever day.god bless you all
I am so sorry you had to go through all of that as a child! This sort of thing happens way too much... I admire how protective you are of your little ones! Children really are priceless treasures...
Sherlock Holmes

United States

#111 Oct 27, 2007
"I do agree with many of you who have posted that they would have taken the kids and left the State or the Country with them to protect them. I would have done the same!!!"

This is only a viable option if a family court custody case or CPS investigation isn't already open. Otherwise you are looking at FEDERAL kidnapping charge and can go to prison. States are networked and able to share info. with each other rather easily, just so people know.

Plus, while you are sitting in a cell, the offender ends up getting custody anyway. You can't do much to help from jail.

I would only recommend leaving state if no court action has been initiated.

Otherwise FANTASTIC post.
i love my kids

Granbury, TX

#112 Oct 27, 2007
turk1974 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry you had to go through all of that as a child! This sort of thing happens way too much... I admire how protective you are of your little ones! Children really are priceless treasures...
thank you.i have come a long way.to where i was at.you are so right kids are priceless treasures.if i did not have my kids i would not be here today.my life is all about my kids and the kids i take in form time to time.we need are kids to be safe.right know i have 3kids of my own and 6kids that need me to help them out.they dont have no one.but i do know god put me here for them.this kids have had h****in there life know we must make it better for all are kids.god bless you always
i love my kids

Granbury, TX

#113 Oct 27, 2007
oh and i always make sure that they get the help they need.i hope some day kids will be kids and that know one will take that form them.are kids need to stop dieing befor there time is up.please please always let your kids know ever day how much you love them and give big hugs.god will do his best to take care of are kids.god bless you and keep you all safe and your kids.
i love my kids

Granbury, TX

#114 Oct 29, 2007
MICHIGAN CPS SUCKS wrote:
To all of you out there saying that CPS is not responsible: In the State of Michigan CPS Handbook (that you can read online at Michigan's Website) it says that if CPS feels that a child is in imminent danger of abuse they do not need a court order all they need is local law enforcement to help and they can remove a child from a home.
With that being said: Why in the world did they after substantiating the cattle prodding leave little Nicholas in the home with the monster that abused his brothers???????
CPS was wrong and should own up to it.
I do agree with many of you who have posted that they would have taken the kids and left the State or the Country with them to protect them. I would have done the same!!!
But when CPS got ahold of this all 3 boys should have been removed whether or not they went with their mother is irrelevant. CPS had the opportunity to stop this before it happened and they sadly failed again.
They do need to be held accountable for their (non) actions in this case. Whether or not the mother should receive anything from it remains to be seen only because I do not know the whole case.
But CPS failed this child when they agreed that dear old dad was abusing the other boys and left this poor child with the nutjob who in turn killed his own child.It is about time that CPS is held accountable for their negligence in cases where a child dies and they had the opportunity to remove them.
you are so right.CPS failed this boy
sorry court

Bellaire, MI

#115 Sep 1, 2009
friend of the court in montcalm county doesn't care if the parent is a meth head as long as their one of the group.they could careless,is it really about the children? I think not,i was personally told by the prosecutor they do not care if the parent parties as long as its not around the kids. Come on it meth 99% addictive. When they smoke it, its always around the kids. They drop the ball over not liking people or judging by what their gossip said not by fact. Its not about the kids guys its about destroying people they do not like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News McGowan brothers and Griffes are convicted of 2... (May '07) Mar '17 family 24
Stanton Mi Police Dept (Dec '08) Jan '17 haha 2
2bdr house (Jan '17) Jan '17 Sue 1
Sex offenders in Stanton (Sep '13) Sep '16 Anthony 2
snapchat (May '15) May '15 699999lmao 1
News State might step in to fix tax rolls (Aug '14) Aug '14 kimbalk resident 1
News Wayne County's tenuous fiscal position puts con... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Woody Hayes 3

Stanton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stanton Mortgages