Update: Nine year-old dies in group s...

Update: Nine year-old dies in group suicide; Mother blames Chil...

There are 113 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Oct 17, 2007, titled Update: Nine year-old dies in group suicide; Mother blames Chil.... In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

Saginaw- The last time Becki Jasinski saw her 9 year-old son Nicholas was the summer of 2005 "I can't hold my little boy anymore." Jasinski says two agencies are to blame for her son's death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Brian

AOL

#2 Oct 17, 2007
Lets get some facts straight, There are a lot of problems going on in all the counties of Michigan, don't ask if your a good paren!!!!!!!!!! if its up to the non custodial parent according to the FOTC friend of the court!!!!!!!!!!thats the money issue with them!!!) I hate to say, it, but this isn't the first time that something has needed to be done with this court system in the county, it is time that something is done and its a very tragic situation that has happened and If I was in charge of this county, hmmm, maybe I should run without a LAW degree, Maybe I would look at a lot of the other things and save a 9 year old child instead of saving my own behind to put it politically correct. I am sorry, but this should never have happened here or anywhere, if the proper MAJOR ELECTED OFFICIALS would have KNOWN what to DO
??????????
Sue them

Syracuse, NY

#3 Oct 18, 2007
Sue them all, individually, for the crimes they committed in not protecting that child. And, pursue it until all people responsible including all the managers, supervisors, and administrators are held accountable!!!!! While prison numbers are an issue for discussion, these "county" people should be held liable.

Since: Oct 07

Riverside, CA

#4 Oct 18, 2007
Sue them wrote:
Sue them all, individually, for the crimes they committed in not protecting that child.
Be careful about being sue happy. Esp. the way you worded it. Although FOC/CPS/FIA are necessary services, I do not want the government responsible for "protecting", or in any way raising my children...they are already tring to involve themselves enough..As for the Montcolm County Prosecutors Office...you can not wash your hands entirely of this...CPS workers cannot (unless they have a petition signed by a judge) remove a kid from a home...your office could just have easily drawn up a petition and presented it for signature.....and to the Dept. of Social Services or whatever you are calling yourself these days...who's confidentiality are you protecting...they're all dead....what a lame excuss for not commenting.
Sue them

Syracuse, NY

#5 Oct 18, 2007
You made yourself incommunicado to this entire issue, there streetdoc, is that what you intended?

Since: Oct 07

Riverside, CA

#6 Oct 18, 2007
Sue them wrote:
You made yourself incommunicado to this entire issue, there streetdoc, is that what you intended?
its early. perhaps i could have worded it better, but the gist is enough finger pointing...someone step up, own the problem and fix it....
Sue them

Syracuse, NY

#7 Oct 18, 2007
I appreciate your response. But, still unclear on your disertation to the topic. Can you clarify?
Nameless

Colorado Springs, CO

#8 Oct 18, 2007
The mother didn't have custody-nor seen her child in over 2 yrs? Too many issues were there before his early death...what a shame..I think everyone dropped the ball here...not just the state
michigan

Ionia, MI

#9 Oct 18, 2007
YOU KNOW MONTCALM COUNTY FRIEND OF THE COURT NEEDS NEW OFFICERS I MYSELF HAVE REPORTED SITUATIONS ABOUT A CERTAIN FAMILY AND GUESS WHAT CHILDREN ARE STILL THERE AND NOTHING WAS DONE ABOUT IT I HAVE CALLED 4 TIMES IN THE LAST YEAR WHAT THE HELL
Neko

United States

#10 Oct 18, 2007
Put the blame where it belongs!

It is not the governments fault...

Blame the killer!

How much did this woman contribute to her ex husbands mental condition?

Death to any lawyer who attempts to make the taxpayers pay for her loss!!!!
maureenlee

Kalamazoo, MI

#11 Oct 18, 2007
Put the blame where it belongs-with the Parents. Mom is crying out because she can not look at herself in the mirror. She knows deep down she failed this child. It is so much easier to blame people not directly involved then yourself. Hey lady-hope you had your tubes tied.
wondering

United States

#12 Oct 18, 2007
Why didn't the mom have custody in the first place? Why didn't she see her boys for 2 years? Sounds like a big mess.

Those boys, all three, deserved much better. I pray for them.
burn in Hell

United States

#13 Oct 18, 2007
Montclam county has a host of problems. Andrea Krause is 1 of them.
I know several people who have been wronged by the Montcalm Prosecuting attorney's office, AND the Friend of the Court.
You have to keep in mind, that the friend of the court and the CSP are money oriented establishments...more like a business, then like a true establishment to protect the rights of minors.
Did you know that Montcalm County built a new jail back in 1999? And that over 50% of the inmates in said jail, are merely inmates from other jails around the state, that are brought in and $$ is paid to Montcalm to house these prisoners?
The governor needs to get involved (not that she'll do anything) and at least investigate the "goings on" of this county.
wondering

United States

#14 Oct 18, 2007
Why didn't the mom have custody? Why hasn't she seen her son in 2 years? Sounds like a HUGE mess. I feel for those boys. Pray for them daily, because they really need it.

Off note, why is the press/news sounding like this 9 year old committed suicide? Please! Poor kid obviously was forced with force on many things. Makes me sick.
mhl

Grand Rapids, MI

#15 Oct 18, 2007
streetdoc wrote:
<quoted text>Be careful about being sue happy. Esp. the way you worded it. Although FOC/CPS/FIA are necessary services, I do not want the government responsible for "protecting", or in any way raising my children...they are already tring to involve themselves enough..As for the Montcolm County Prosecutors Office...you can not wash your hands entirely of this...CPS workers cannot (unless they have a petition signed by a judge) remove a kid from a home...your office could just have easily drawn up a petition and presented it for signature.....and to the Dept. of Social Services or whatever you are calling yourself these days...who's confidentiality are you protecting...they're all dead....what a lame excuss for not commenting.
I agree on these points, the government should not have to regulate everything. Parents need to start being real parents. How can this mom ,and I say this lightly, start pointing her finger of blame? Obviously, the abuse started with her. The courts go to great lengths to keep families together. They will even have supervised visits for the kids. If they are absolutely not allowed to visit, then they are a clear cut danger to the child. Even pedophiles get to visit their children. Did this mom, undermine the authority of the dad? Did he get pushed so far that he couldn't take it anymore? Or were they both really bad parents? We will never know the true story but we do know that the remaining boys are still in danger as we speak.
Innocent Children

Lansing, MI

#16 Oct 18, 2007
How many times do innocent kids have to pay for the mistakes of DHS and CPS - they are not going to admit error - come on - they would be opening themselves up to a lawsuit if they did - and their superiors are telling them what to say because of a lawsuit - its high time the Governor woke up and did something about DHS and CPS and quit blaming the "early retirement" for staff shortage - you got state workers sitting around doing nothing that have asked to be transferred to DHS to help - that really want to work - you can't even get a response from anyone there. Its high time the Governor and DHS and CPS be held accountable - poor innocent children should not have to suffer because they are not!!
ralp

Holland, MI

#17 Oct 18, 2007
"The last time Becki Jasinski saw her 9 year-old son Nicholas was the summer of 2005
"I can't hold my little boy anymore."
Jasinski says two agencies are to blame for her son's death.
"Child Protective Services and Friend of the Court. Not a doubt in my mind."

Ah BS!
If she hasnt seen her kid since 2005 then she dint care very much in the first place.
Its just as much her fault and anyone else.
she is just looking to suck some money out of the state.
freaking losser!

Since: Jun 07

United States

#18 Oct 18, 2007
ralp wrote:
"The last time Becki Jasinski saw her 9 year-old son Nicholas was the summer of 2005
"I can't hold my little boy anymore."
Jasinski says two agencies are to blame for her son's death.
"Child Protective Services and Friend of the Court. Not a doubt in my mind."
Ah BS!
If she hasnt seen her kid since 2005 then she dint care very much in the first place.
Its just as much her fault and anyone else.
she is just looking to suck some money out of the state.
freaking losser!
do you know the mother, the family? don't be so quick to judge her, you have no idea on why she hadn't seen her son in 2 years. Personally, I'll lay the blame with our fine officials in Montcalm County.
Brenda

Grand Rapids, MI

#19 Oct 18, 2007
How could they let something like this happen? Does it reaaly take a tragedy for them (state or DHS) to open their eyes? My heart and prayers to the family.
Suzy

Ada, MI

#21 Oct 18, 2007
Sadly... it could take many tragedies before anything ever gets done about it. As for the remark of "do something before it's too late" posted up there... well it is already too late isn't it?

We can all sit here and easily point fingers in one direction or another but the harsh truth is that nothing is ever going to change until we ourselves force changes to be made within the judicial system. There are horror stories in every county and we all sit here and do nothing until one of these stories makes the news. We all know that CPS and FOC make huge mistakes and turn blind eyes to situations that they will even admit are there but for lack of manpower take years to rectify. We can also point a finger at parents who are abusive and buck the system for years.

It doesn't matter why the mother did not see her child for two years. If either parent was not suitable to have that child there are other avenues of getting him to a safe enviroment.

What matters is that CPS contined to deny that child was in danger over and over and now he is dead and can not speak for himself on the matter at all.

Seriously... how many of you actually think that nine year old child took his own life? He had some help and we all know it.
Jack Black

Aurora, CO

#22 Oct 18, 2007
Having had first-hand experience with Friend of the Court, it is almost impossible for the father to get full custody of a child. The mother has to voluntarily give up her rights or REALLY screw up.... more than once. It has been said that the mother has not seen her son since 2005. This was her fault. Every parent is entitled to supervised visits. I do not know any member of this family, but my judgement is that this mother is looking for some money from a settlement. Yes, CPS and FOC are at fault, also, for not removing this child from a known abusive home, but don't feel sorry for this biological mother. She did not have custody for a reason and the fact that she did not request a supervised visit for 2 years shows that she just does not care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snapchat (May '15) May '15 699999lmao 1
News McGowan brothers and Griffes are convicted of 2... (May '07) Mar '15 Bad at one time 22
News State might step in to fix tax rolls (Aug '14) Aug '14 kimbalk resident 1
News Wayne County's tenuous fiscal position puts con... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Woody Hayes 3
Sex offenders in Stanton (Sep '13) Sep '13 Tina 1
News Michigan High School Football - Reed City felle... (Sep '07) Nov '12 Spencer 13
News Committee: no new deal for R&R research (Apr '09) Aug '11 DAW 2

Stanton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stanton Mortgages