Father, step-mother and 9-year-old bo...

Father, step-mother and 9-year-old boy found dead

There are 3 comments on the ABC12.com story from Oct 18, 2007, titled Father, step-mother and 9-year-old boy found dead. In it, ABC12.com reports that:

“We are dependent on DHS to say there's substantial harm to the child's health or well-being. They wouldn't make that call”

A murder-suicide involving a father, step-mother and 9-year-old boy has a Mid-Michigan connection. via ABC12.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC12.com.

Blame Game

Lansing, MI

#1 Oct 19, 2007
What Montcalm County Prosecutor Andrea Kraus is not telling the public: Her office had every absolute legal right to file a petition with the court to have this child removed from this home, without the support of Child Protective Services. CPS involvement is NOT necessary according to the law. Ms. Kraus is simply trying to shift the blame from her agency to another, just as this child's mother is attempting to blame FOC and CPS for not taking action for her son. Child protection is the ultimate responsibility of every parent. She had not seen this child in over 2 years. How concerned was she, really, for this child's safety if that were the case? If I believe my child is in mortal danger, I am not going to allow any court to tell me I cannot see him. I doubt if FOC denied her visitation, it seems more that she was too lazy to take any initiative to protect her children. Her oldest boys had to run away to her. Come on.
This is simply a blame game.
Sherlock Holmes

United States

#2 Oct 19, 2007
Well good. Let's do away with CPS and expand the police and prosecutors role. That is a classy tongue you speak with, blaming the mother for a murder someone else committed. Nice job.
Sherlock Here

United States

#3 Oct 20, 2007
And further more....

"Child protection is the ultimate responsibility of every parent. She had not seen this child in over 2 years."

Not if there was a court order, or the mother didn't know where the guy was. Or maybe she knew but was threatened to stay away or harm would come to the boy and dad would blame it on her....

Like so many class acts are doing here.

" How concerned was she, really, for this child's safety if that were the case? "

Probably concerned enough that she knew first hand what he is/was capable of if she meddled too much, and look...her kid is dead. Maybe she feared that from the beginning.....UH Ya Tink?

"If I believe my child is in mortal danger, I am not going to allow any court to tell me I cannot see him."

And what, kidnap the child and go to prison? That's been tried already, it doesn't end so well. Your reasoning and logic demonstrates that you probably shouldn't have children yourself.

" I doubt if FOC denied her visitation,"

Really, why? They do it to dads all the time, why not moms? Mike Cocks is an equal opportunity destroyer....Why do you think Granholm liked him enough to appoint him?

"it seems more that she was too lazy to take any initiative to protect her children."

And go to prison. You have got to be the brightest bulb yet.

"Her oldest boys had to run away to her. Come on."

Happy, well adjusted children, do not run away from the confines of a loving environment for nothing, azz wipe. They probably wanted to be where they felt safe and free from harm. Good chance mom didn't know they were making the break. Good chance too, that she would have told them not to break the law, she was working on getting them legally. Come on.

"This is simply a blame game."

Yep! And if CPS doesn't own up to their guilt in this, then they are essentially admitting they are not needed. If CPS can so readily rely on the office of the prosecutor to handle protection issues as a matter of convenience when a child is murdered, then they are too admitting that the agency doesn't need to exsist in the first place.

We will take the salaries that were once those of CPS workers and hire more police officers and prosecutors. Other matters can be privatized. We don't need CPS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2bdr house Jan 10 Sue 1
Sex offenders in Stanton (Sep '13) Sep '16 Anthony 2
snapchat (May '15) May '15 699999lmao 1
News McGowan brothers and Griffes are convicted of 2... (May '07) Mar '15 Bad at one time 22
News State might step in to fix tax rolls (Aug '14) Aug '14 kimbalk resident 1
News Wayne County's tenuous fiscal position puts con... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Woody Hayes 3
News Michigan High School Football - Reed City felle... (Sep '07) Nov '12 Spencer 13

Stanton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stanton Mortgages