Montcalm Prosecutor: Child should have been removed from home

DOUGLASS TOWNSHIP - WZZM 13's Peter Ross has been in Montcalm County today looking for answers after three bodies were discovered in a Douglass Township home. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Loving Mommy of 2

Saginaw, MI

#44 Apr 12, 2008
Little ones are dropping like flies, does anyone else see it? In 28 years I have only seen one case where CPS stepped in and took kids out of a bad situation. Many more times have I seen or heard of them being left behind, just to senselessly wind up dead. I understand that they (CPS)are busy...but how would they feel if someone was too busy to step in and save the life or their child or a loved ones? There has got to be someway to fix the problem, so where are the people with the brains? They are surely not working where they are needed!
End Of Days

United States

#45 Apr 27, 2008
Loving Mommy of 2 wrote:
Little ones are dropping like flies, does anyone else see it? In 28 years I have only seen one case where CPS stepped in and took kids out of a bad situation. Many more times have I seen or heard of them being left behind, just to senselessly wind up dead. I understand that they (CPS)are busy...but how would they feel if someone was too busy to step in and save the life or their child or a loved ones? There has got to be someway to fix the problem, so where are the people with the brains? They are surely not working where they are needed!
The only way to fix it, is to scrap it altogether and start over.

Seems we are going to have to from a monetary stand point anyway. The Social Security structure in this country can not withstand anymore of it's wasteful mismanagement.

Social Security is going broke in large part because of CPS. It would be different if they did something meaningful and purposeful for greater mankind, but they don't.

“If ya can't say somethin' nice”

Since: Feb 08

Woodlands

#46 Apr 27, 2008
neecer wrote:
My question is, if the older 2 ran away and went to mom, why did CPS leave the youngest with the dad with a pending abuse case?
Another question, why did dad have custody and not mom? That's unusual in itself. Usually mom has the custody, not the dad, unless there is proof of neglect or abuse on the mom's part. We aren't seeing the whole case here.
But CPS has it's problems, and it's not just one county. Yes, their hands are tied by the judges, but they still have room to act. They didn't think the youngest was in danger.... HELLO!?!?!?!?
What about little Jerimiah who drown this summer because Melissa Matthews couldn't get off her a$$ to watch her own kids? And yet the judge has ordered her parenting classes and then just MIGHT get her kids back! Her youngest is dead because of her neglect. There have been numerous CPS complaints filed against her and yet she has a chance to get her kids back!
There is something wrong with the whole system, and how many more children are going to die before things get fixed?
And nothing was ever done to her.... yet the guy in Muskegon went to prison. My guess is that those poor children are back with that nasty poor excuse for a human being. She had completed the parenting classes once before and it obviously did no good!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Mon JAH 170
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) Mon gamy 97
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Sun Eldorado 129
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Sep 2 just the tip 303
State might step in to fix tax rolls Aug 23 kimbalk resident 1
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Jul '14 gottondas 5,482
Wayne County's tenuous fiscal position puts con... Apr '14 Woody Hayes 3
•••
•••
•••

Stanton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Stanton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Stanton News, Events & Info