Montcalm Prosecutor: Child should hav...

Montcalm Prosecutor: Child should have been removed from home

There are 43 comments on the WZZM Grand Rapids story from Oct 17, 2007, titled Montcalm Prosecutor: Child should have been removed from home. In it, WZZM Grand Rapids reports that:

DOUGLASS TOWNSHIP - WZZM 13's Peter Ross has been in Montcalm County today looking for answers after three bodies were discovered in a Douglass Township home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WZZM Grand Rapids.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
cyndi

Pinckney, MI

#1 Oct 17, 2007
thats montcalm county for u they are so backwards this doesnt suprise me at all they take away safe kids leave abused kids so that this happens and they are done montcalm county has to e the worse county in michigan
Bradley

Cambridge, MA

#2 Oct 17, 2007
Another black eye for DHS, this boy should have been removed with the teens. I hope DHS reveiws their guidelines.
Bradley From Muskegon Mi

Cambridge, MA

#3 Oct 17, 2007
Another black eye for DHS. This child should had been removed with the other teens. I hope DHS reveiws their guidelines.

“LET'S GO RED WINGS!!”

Since: Aug 07

America

#4 Oct 17, 2007
Ya gotta love that 20/20 hindsight! By the way, I'm pretty sure the kid didn't commit suicide, he just did what he was told. Way too sad! I have a nine year-old, and I can't imagine doing anything like that to her! Also interesting that the "mom" wasn't his biological mom.
Angie

United States

#5 Oct 17, 2007
cyndi wrote:
thats montcalm county for u they are so backwards this doesnt suprise me at all they take away safe kids leave abused kids so that this happens and they are done montcalm county has to e the worse county in michigan
Dear God, I hope you aren't from Montcalm County, because you make us all look bad.
Objective

Madison, WI

#6 Oct 17, 2007
Never be too quick to jump to conclusions about this, or any CPS case. There is always much more to every story, and the media doesn't always portray all the facts correctly. This is very sad, and blaming DHS &/or CPS is not going to make it any less tragic.
Lisa in Walker

Amelia Court House, VA

#8 Oct 17, 2007
Here we go again....another child lost because DHS didn't do their job.

And under Jennifer Granholm's watch, too.

“Im Not Dead Yet !!”

Since: Jun 07

Six Lakes,Michigan

#9 Oct 17, 2007
Regardless who,what,where & when.(is to blame) This is another senseless case of a young child dying way before his time and at no fault of his own. I am fighting terminal cancer. So It just saddens me is all i can say !!
i love my kids

Granbury, TX

#10 Oct 17, 2007
Objective wrote:
Never be too quick to jump to conclusions about this, or any CPS case. There is always much more to every story, and the media doesn't always portray all the facts correctly. This is very sad, and blaming DHS &/or CPS is not going to make it any less tragic.
i live in Montcalm and they are no good for kids.dhs and cps just need new people.they just do not care about the kids.and i dont care what any one say.they are no good.i have seen so much that they are for the mom and dad.we need to take out the old in put in new people.soon befor a new kid die.

Since: Jul 07

Grandville

#11 Oct 17, 2007
I have zero fath and confidance in the system. I have a daughter that was abused by her mother and now stays with me full time because of a no contact order against her mother. But CPD and FOC don't feel it is a problem my other two boys are still alowed to go visit her. OH YES I do have physcal custody. My ex also asulted another minor and still CPS says its ok for my boys to be there.
This current system is very flawed.
Baruch HaShem

Spring Lake, MI

#12 Oct 17, 2007
This is a tragedy that should not have happen, how can a system that continue to ask for more money and more power. Fail so badly, I am writing about the Child Protection Services of our great State of Michigan. The Department of Community Health and Social Services, they must be held responsible for this tremendous failure.
The Welfare State failed this one badly, now make sure they get more money and everything else they need. What a State and what a system, there sure is enough blame to go all the way around.
Wake Up Governor and wake up legislature, there is NO EXCUSE.
Brian

AOL

#13 Oct 17, 2007
Well just another case of the people voting in who is on the ballot and NOT caring about what is important!!!!!!!!!! Yes I agree, that its time that the prosecutting attorney, WHO sees these cases, if up for RECALL and should be considered just as much at fault as the rest of the whole story, if I was you Miss Andrea Krause I would resigne, because your just as liable in this case as any one else!!!!!
candy wrote:
Sounds like everyone involved in trying to pass the blame onto the next department. Everyone of these departments are to blame for this childs death. Andrea Krause is a flipping idiot. We have dealt with her in the past and I swear she got her degree from a cracker jack box. The bio momma should sue the pants off Montcalm county for the loss of her child. The county officials who are paid to protect the children need to be charged with child endangerment. They charged the father with child abuse and they did the same thing so they should face the same charges. It saddens me that this happened to this child.
Denise

Mount Pleasant, MI

#14 Oct 18, 2007
If child protection agencys take one child for abuse all children should be removed until all investigations are complete. On the other hand the mother should not be crying it is someone else fault, there must be a reason she did not have her children in the first place and was refused visitation. People always want to blame someone else instead of looking in their own backyard.

“Lost my mind”

Since: Apr 07

be back later

#15 Oct 18, 2007
My question is, if the older 2 ran away and went to mom, why did CPS leave the youngest with the dad with a pending abuse case?

Another question, why did dad have custody and not mom? That's unusual in itself. Usually mom has the custody, not the dad, unless there is proof of neglect or abuse on the mom's part. We aren't seeing the whole case here.

But CPS has it's problems, and it's not just one county. Yes, their hands are tied by the judges, but they still have room to act. They didn't think the youngest was in danger.... HELLO!?!?!?!?

What about little Jerimiah who drown this summer because Melissa Matthews couldn't get off her a$$ to watch her own kids? And yet the judge has ordered her parenting classes and then just MIGHT get her kids back! Her youngest is dead because of her neglect. There have been numerous CPS complaints filed against her and yet she has a chance to get her kids back!

There is something wrong with the whole system, and how many more children are going to die before things get fixed?
Krause is louse

United States

#16 Oct 18, 2007
Montclam county has a host of problems. Andrea Krause is 1 of them.
I know several people who have been wronged by the Montcalm Prosecuting attorney's office, AND the Friend of the Court.
You have to keep in mind, that the friend of the court and the CSP are money oriented establishments...more like a business, then like a true establishment to protect the rights of minors.
Did you know that Montcalm County built a new jail back in 1999? And that over 50% of the inmates in said jail, are merely inmates from other jails around the state, that are brought in and $$ is paid to Montcalm to house these prisoners?
The governor needs to get involved (not that she'll do anything) and at least investigate the "goings on" of this county.

Since: Jun 07

United States

#17 Oct 18, 2007
Krause is louse wrote:
Montclam county has a host of problems. Andrea Krause is 1 of them.
I know several people who have been wronged by the Montcalm Prosecuting attorney's office, AND the Friend of the Court.
You have to keep in mind, that the friend of the court and the CSP are money oriented establishments...more like a business, then like a true establishment to protect the rights of minors.
Did you know that Montcalm County built a new jail back in 1999? And that over 50% of the inmates in said jail, are merely inmates from other jails around the state, that are brought in and $$ is paid to Montcalm to house these prisoners?
The governor needs to get involved (not that she'll do anything) and at least investigate the "goings on" of this county.
Amen!! By the way, as a resident of Montcalm County, and personally have dealt with the prosecutor, I love your name....
J in KC

Grand Rapids, MI

#18 Oct 18, 2007
neecer wrote:
My question is, if the older 2 ran away and went to mom, why did CPS leave the youngest with the dad with a pending abuse case?
Another question, why did dad have custody and not mom? That's unusual in itself. Usually mom has the custody, not the dad, unless there is proof of neglect or abuse on the mom's part. We aren't seeing the whole case here.
But CPS has it's problems, and it's not just one county. Yes, their hands are tied by the judges, but they still have room to act. They didn't think the youngest was in danger.... HELLO!?!?!?!?
What about little Jerimiah who drown this summer because Melissa Matthews couldn't get off her a$$ to watch her own kids? And yet the judge has ordered her parenting classes and then just MIGHT get her kids back! Her youngest is dead because of her neglect. There have been numerous CPS complaints filed against her and yet she has a chance to get her kids back!
There is something wrong with the whole system, and how many more children are going to die before things get fixed?
I thought the same thing. In THIS state the mother not having custody or visitation rights? She has not seen her son in 2yrs? There is more to this tragedy than meet the eye. She stated that she was filing for custody for him and that is what might of pushed him over the edge. What else has she put him through? If she is smart, she will keep her mouth shut because the more she talks the more digging the media is going to do and I have a feeling what is revealed it won't be good.

Since: Aug 07

The Galactic Center

#19 Oct 18, 2007
It would be interesting to know just WHY this Mom had not seen her child in two years and WHY this Mom was refused custody after the other two older kids were placed with her.
I agree there is more here than meets the eye.

This was a terrible tragedy but the people to blame are the father and step mother. The state can't do everything--and it shouldn't.
Heh

Calhoun, LA

#20 Oct 18, 2007
Should've, Would've, Could've... didn't.

Your tax dollars at work... supporting a bloated bureaucracy.
waterboy in Martin

United States

#21 Oct 18, 2007
KBs mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!! By the way, as a resident of Montcalm County, and personally have dealt with the prosecutor, I love your name....
I designed that name, just for this one.
I know how she is, and have seen her in action on many occassions.
I was born and raised in Montcalm county.
THEY SUCK!
as you can see, no matter how you shake it, wether the FOC, or the reg. probate court....the COUNTY messed up!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News McGowan brothers and Griffes are convicted of 2... (May '07) Mar '17 family 24
Stanton Mi Police Dept (Dec '08) Jan '17 haha 2
2bdr house (Jan '17) Jan '17 Sue 1
Sex offenders in Stanton (Sep '13) Sep '16 Anthony 2
snapchat (May '15) May '15 699999lmao 1
News State might step in to fix tax rolls (Aug '14) Aug '14 kimbalk resident 1
News Wayne County's tenuous fiscal position puts con... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Woody Hayes 3

Stanton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stanton Mortgages