Eight injured in Montcalm bus-Jeep crash

Full story: WZZM Grand Rapids

A teacher's aide, a mail carrier and six children were injured when a school bus collided with a mail-delivery vehicle Thursday afternoon.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
NO WAY

Milford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

I cannot believe this happened. There is no reason for the driver to be distracted when there is another adult on the bus watching the children. My son is 5 and rides the bus to and from preschool. I would be very upset if this had happened to him! Our prayers go out the the children.

Since: Aug 07

white cloud

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

He should also be fired not just ticketed
slg

Stanton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

I CAN believe this happened. They drive these buses like they own the road and half the time they are speeding. I live in the area, and share the road with them. The ISD buses are bad too. Half the drivers can't even stay in their own lane.
gwyn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

It was an accident. We all get distracted at times when there are kids in a vehicle. Having another adult there or not doesn't matter. It was an accident, don't hang the driver out to dry.
slg

Stanton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

gwyn wrote:
It was an accident. We all get distracted at times when there are kids in a vehicle. Having another adult there or not doesn't matter. It was an accident, don't hang the driver out to dry.
"Schulte was cited for careless driving." (thedailynews.cc) Careless driving is NOT an accident. It is an accident waiting to happen.
Smart ppl drive GERMAN

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Don't blame the driver, blame the shiityy american buses this country builds and decides to keep on the road despite their unreliability and lack of seatbelts and bald tires.

You want a bus, buy a goddamn MERCEDES sprinter van conversion. Yeah that's right, they're NOT made by that bankrupt company dodge that puts their logo on it to appease hitler haters.
slg

Stanton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Smart ppl drive GERMAN wrote:
Don't blame the driver, blame the shiityy american buses this country builds and decides to keep on the road despite their unreliability and lack of seatbelts and bald tires.
You want a bus, buy a goddamn MERCEDES sprinter van conversion. Yeah that's right, they're NOT made by that bankrupt company dodge that puts their logo on it to appease hitler haters.
Are you even hearing yourself? Did you read the article AT ALL? The seatbelts are more than likely what kept those children safe. You really need to go play in a puddle or something.

white cloud

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

gwyn wrote:
you must be one of those bus drivers get a life if your child was on that bus your tune would be diffarant those little kids are all probley scared to death to ride the bus again.they need to fire that driver and his cdl revoked so he can never drive a bus again. And wait there is probley drugs or alcohal involved.
Nick in Shelby

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Busses are extremely safe. How often do you hear of a school bus accident compared to a regular car accident? Seat belts aren't needed on school busses. They just cause more problems. What if the bus needs to be evacuated quickly. It would take longer. Busses are also difficult to tip over. The bus that did wasn't a normal bus. It was a shorter bus.
Fremont Mi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

if your job is to drive a motor vehicle that is occupied by young children, wouldn't you make it a point to be extra safe on the road? And accident is anything that could not have been prevented. This could have been prevented by The driver paying attention to the roadway. There was another adult on the bus to supervisor the children. What was he disracted by?
Fremont Mi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

gwyn wrote:
The teacher's aide that was on the bus was there for a reason. To watch the children. This way the bus driver can focus on his driving. Its not like the jeep pulled out in front of him. The bus driver admited to being distracted. If you are disracted and cause an accident that is considered careless driving. No one is saying you better put the driver in prison, all we are saying, is you have to more attentive if you are going to be a school bus driver.
Barb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Come blame the bus driver...How many of us drive and get distracted by something...cell...coffee..and so shall we blame no seatbelts...How many parents do strap in themselves or make sure that their kids are seated correct? Busses are safe and yes a person can get distracted if everyone is so upset about the driver then try driving a bus for yourself...
Fremont Mi

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Barb wrote:
Come blame the bus driver...How many of us drive and get distracted by something...cell...coffee..and so shall we blame no seatbelts...How many parents do strap in themselves or make sure that their kids are seated correct? Busses are safe and yes a person can get distracted if everyone is so upset about the driver then try driving a bus for yourself...
Do you feel the bus driver should not be held responsible for crash?
would rather not say

Greenville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Sometimes on buses a child may be having a seizure, or a temper tantrum, throwing up or whatever!
It's VERY easy to become distracted.... If I could only count he number of drivers in cars I passed today talking on their cell phones (the bus drivers in our district are not allowed to do this!). Ever try to get around a mail carrier?
How about, we all say Thank God no children died!
Accidents happen... and if you have never messed up, even just a tad, well heck, you must be a saint!
slg

Stanton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Barb wrote:
Bad excuse. And if you're driving while on the cellphone and or drinking coffee, I do not feel safe sharing a road with you. This bus driver was ticketed for careless driving. That right there is enough to cast blame on the driver!
a caring mother

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

I just would like someone to make it so after we spend the first few years of our childs life telling them to buckle up that MI would step up and offer them that saftey on all buses not just for preschoolers how do they get away with telling us to buckle our kids but they can ride buses and they don't hvae to
Smart ppl drive GERMAN

Muskegon, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2008

I don't consider LAP belts to be seatbelts.
Chris

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

Note: these busses have seatbelts. The drivers are drug tested without notice throughout the year. However, the busdrivers for the company, Eightcap inc., are put under a lot of stress due to awful kids and complaining parents. Some are even the most idiotic complaints from parents. I know of kids on these buses that even spit, kick and hit the driver and aide. Due to new rules, all the bus driver can do is ask the kids to be good. That's it. I belive the bus driver was probable even distracted plus the stress.
Chris

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2008

The driver and aides on these buses have to make sure the kids are in their carseats properly before thay can leave the schools.

white cloud

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2008

would rather not say wrote:
Sometimes on buses a child may be having a seizure, or a temper tantrum, throwing up or whatever!
It's VERY easy to become distracted.... If I could only count he number of drivers in cars I passed today talking on their cell phones (the bus drivers in our district are not allowed to do this!). Ever try to get around a mail carrier?
How about, we all say Thank God no children died!
Accidents happen... and if you have never messed up, even just a tad, well heck, you must be a saint!
Pull the fing bus over distracted my a ss we trust them bus drivers every day with our children Thankfuly none of the kids are dead!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Stanton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Stanton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance