|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2009

Grow Up N Get A Life wrote:
i got served hair in my chilly dogs at bowen elementry today
You better check it for lice to since the lice situation is bad up there so I hear. I heard a child came home with 13 bugs in his head in one day and I know for a fact his mom checks his head every other day. So you tell me ther has to be problem and the schools don't implement a no nit policy anymore since they say its not a disease it's just a nuisance and these kids can go back to school with nits in there head and then there is more bugs. Go figure whats wrong with the school.

Since: Dec 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2009

Well this makes you wonder what the kids eat. We went for the School Reading Night, and they served chili dogs, and low and behold just before sticking it in the mouth there you see a big hair, is that a special ingredient? Needless to say if there is anything else to do with the schools going on in Bowen, I will NOT be attending. And as far as the lice, thats a sad thing, Im glad my kids arent in Bowen.
ARE YOU KIDDING

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2009

Well this makes you wonder what the kids eat. We went for the School Reading Night, and they served chili dogs, and low and behold just before sticking it in the mouth there you see a big hair, is that a special ingredient? Needless to say if there is anything else to do with the schools going on in Bowen, I will NOT be attending. And as far as the lice, thats a sad thing, Im glad my kids arent in Bowen.
YOU TOLD ME THAT YOU WOULD POST!!
come on

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

do you actually think that bowen school is the only place one can find a hair in the food!!! as for lice..... Honey, lice is everywhere rich, poor, clean, dirty, it makes no difference. What does make a difference is keeping lice. Lice is treatable. Therefore, treat it and if the problem continues, get to the root of it! lol.no pun intented. If you keep getting it then you are not completly delousing everything in your home. Back to the hair in the food, every think of what you are eating when you eat out.who knows what people at this fast food places do to our food. i have heard some horrifis stories. A hair is the least of ones worry.
for real

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

how many times has your husband or your company that has eaten food prepared my you has looked down and seen a hair in the food. do you wear a hair net? or is your head covered at the time you prepare food? beg one of your kids friends has found a hair or two. think before you judge, and you might not get your feelings hurt.
shame on you

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

what is your real problem with bowen school?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

Well first of all before you all get your panties in a wade, THIS IS THE HUSBAND! I just used her account to post on here. And as far as her cooking goes, no she does not wear a hair net, but she ALWAYS keeps her hair pulled back in a ponytail, she is a very clean cook. The schools however should see to it all there employees in the kitchen wear hair nets!
are you freaking serious

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

Um I attended Bowen elementary from kindergarten all the way through the 5th grade and I never had lice or bad food!! One mistake..geez. I know that when I graduated high school ALL of the kids that went to bowen graduated so the next time you try to put it down stop and think. Examine the other schools first!! I know of a teacher at stanton elementary that used to party all the time with teenagers.... so THERE.
J Rose

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

Let me guess the person who found "hair" in their food is some worthless welfare pillhead who has nothing better to do than get on Topix and try to attract attention. I would also assume that said person is a skank not from Bowen who bums from other schools. Perhaps you would be more at home if you found a used syringe and condom in your food? Of course you probably heard "free food" and loaded up the station wagon with all the illegitimate kids and headed out. Don't start on Bowen...they have consistently been ranked the top Elementary school in Powell County. No offense to the other elementary schools, they do a fine job also...just don't down Bowen. Oh and by the way hope you enjoyed the free books your kids got courtesy of taxpayers and a grant...it's a shame you probably can't read them to your children. Enjoy your free amenities you pathetic waste of oxygen. The Bowen cooks do a fine job, by the way. I ate there from kindergarden through 5th grade and it never killed me. We were also 8th in the state when I went there...and most of my fellow Bowen classmates are in college or have decent jobs and are doing well. GO BOWEN!!!
who cares

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

So there was a hair in your hotdog... I understand that is kinda gross but has this never ever happened to you before...or have you just not ever been out to eat before? While its not cool, its not a catastrophic event buddy, nothing to go freaking out over. Shit happens.... Get over it.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

J Rose wrote:
Let me guess the person who found "hair" in their food is some worthless welfare pillhead who has nothing better to do than get on Topix and try to attract attention. I would also assume that said person is a skank not from Bowen who bums from other schools. Perhaps you would be more at home if you found a used syringe and condom in your food? Of course you probably heard "free food" and loaded up the station wagon with all the illegitimate kids and headed out. Don't start on Bowen...they have consistently been ranked the top Elementary school in Powell County. No offense to the other elementary schools, they do a fine job also...just don't down Bowen. Oh and by the way hope you enjoyed the free books your kids got courtesy of taxpayers and a grant...it's a shame you probably can't read them to your children. Enjoy your free amenities you pathetic waste of oxygen. The Bowen cooks do a fine job, by the way. I ate there from kindergarden through 5th grade and it never killed me. We were also 8th in the state when I went there...and most of my fellow Bowen classmates are in college or have decent jobs and are doing well. GO BOWEN!!!
u sure the hell dont know any f***ing thing about me and further more i work a full time job and don't need no damn welfare or pop pill so f*** u
hmmm

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2009

Are you serious? While that is gross.... it happens everywheres!!! Do you sit and watch everyone who prepares food for you? There is far worse things that could end up in your food than a single hair. If your that upset and paranoid... then dont go somewheres where they are giving away FREE food and then get on here and complain.
ICU81HAIR

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Judged:

<quoted text>
u sure the hell dont know any f***ing thing about me and further more i work a full time job and don't need no damn welfare or pop pill so f*** u
You may work but you sure never learned how to be classy! Grow up!
Cutie Pie

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

J Rose wrote:
Actually, everyone seems to think that Bowen is the top elementary school in the county, but technically, and according to test scores from the past three years, Clay City Elementary is number one. Check your facts. I have absolutely no problem with Bowen, I went there myself; however, if you're stating information, make sure your facts are right.
Cutie Pie

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Actually, everyone seems to think that Bowen is the top elementary school in the county, but technically, and according to test scores from the past three years, Clay City Elementary is number one. Check your facts. I have absolutely no problem with Bowen, I went there myself; however, if you're stating information, make sure your facts are right.
ProudMom

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Thanks Cutie Pie for setting the record straight about test scores. For some reason, folks in this community seem to think that Bowen is "all that and a bag of chips" even the central office as a matter of fact. I think it is a fine school, but they are only minutes away from CCE and Stanton and get real if you think kids at Bowen are any different than the rest of the county. As for the hair, I think the Reading Celebration was OUTSTANDING and shows just how much educators care about the kids AND THE COMMUNITY! So who cares about one lousy hair. I'm glad it was you and not me!
yes

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

um yeah i whent to bowen and all the cooks r clean and yeah lice was a problem but its cure able and the cooks r super duper nice
NOW WAIT A MINUTE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

YOU GO BOWEN!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SUCCESS ON READING NIGHT AND A BIG THANKS TO LYN STIDHAM AND ALL THAT HELPED.......I REMEMBER WHEN I WAS IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS IN THE LATE 60'S AND WE USED TO HAVE A HUGE FALL FESTIVAL AT STANTON AND EVERY ONE TURNED OUT FOR THE TURKEY DINNER, HAYRIDE, CAKE WALK , ETC.....WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE OTHER SCHOOLS IN THE COUNTY? BACK THEN ALL THE SCHOOLS COMPETED AND TRIED TO OUT DO EACH OTHER, WHO CARES IF YOU FOUND A HAIR IN YOUR FOOD, THAT COULD HAPPEN ANYWHERE...GO TO LEXINGTON AND EAT OUT AND SEE WHAT YOU FIND....TRY THAT THERE AND YOU CAN EAT FREE, BUT YOU PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW THAT.....OH AND J ROSE YOU WERE DEAD ON A LOT OF YOUR MESSAGE BECAUSE I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT "GROW UP AND GET A LIFE'S" KIDS DO NOT GO TO BOWEN....SO THERE YOU ARE.......GO BOWEN, YOU ROCK!!!!!

“Poverty Sucks”

Bear Pen Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2009

i went to bowen and back in my day lunch only cost a nickle. to git a good hair u had to tip the lunch lady a penny or 2 cents for a pube. hell fare we didnt even kno what ketchup was. back then we usta mix it up in the back yard and called it blood.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Stanton Forum right now

Search the Stanton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 50 min reality 146,895
Dean Rogers (Apr '10) 1 hr no no 36
know what ever happened to Greg Spencer (Dec '10) 1 hr stayaway 8
AT&T LTE now in stanton! 1 hr thatguy 6
2 Powell County boys found dead in pond (Mar '08) 2 hr Slk 45
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 6 hr Flint hill bandit 26,210
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 8 hr hillian 81,559
•••
•••
•••
•••

Stanton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Stanton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE