First Prev
of 2
Next Last
pcll mom

Clay City, KY

#1 Apr 9, 2010
So can someone tell me how its possible that dirt full of glass gets spread on the little league field and the playground at the city park! I would have thought since our MAYOR is the one who has to approve the dirt being put on the field that he would have taken the time to INSPECT the dirt before it was spread!!! This is a place where you should be able to take your kids to play and have a good time. Not to mension the fact that this is a waste of the citys time and money having to spread it and then remove it. I think its time for a change in this county and this office. Anyone agree????
Absolutely

Danville, KY

#2 Apr 9, 2010
pcll mom wrote:
So can someone tell me how its possible that dirt full of glass gets spread on the little league field and the playground at the city park! I would have thought since our MAYOR is the one who has to approve the dirt being put on the field that he would have taken the time to INSPECT the dirt before it was spread!!! This is a place where you should be able to take your kids to play and have a good time. Not to mension the fact that this is a waste of the citys time and money having to spread it and then remove it. I think its time for a change in this county and this office. Anyone agree????
I was wondering when someone would finally post about this! I agree with you 110%. Absolutely uncalled for. I would have hoped that the mayor would have had more concern for the safety of our children.
pcll mom

Clay City, KY

#3 Apr 9, 2010
exactly! All I can say is people really need to think about who they elect into office, this kindof stuff is UNEXCEPTABLE and the fact is if he is going to be this careless with our childrens well-being then I would hate to see how he handles other issues in our city!!! Its time for everyone to take a stand and put a stop to people being elected just because they have nothing better to do, and put some good honest people in offices that have our community, and especially our CHILDRENS best interest in mind. NOT their own!!!!
Blaming Wrong Person

Macon, GA

#4 Apr 9, 2010
The mayor had the dirt completely removed that same day and has taken care of the situation once it was brought to his attention. The area was closed off until the problem was resolved. There are times when employees can do things to make things look bad on an elected official. We should all be careful to place the blame on who really is at fault. Elected officials shouldn't have to hold the hands of grown adults who are employed by them.
tax payer

United States

#5 Apr 10, 2010
but if the elected officials cannot control the people that work for them how in the world can they run the city, If you have someone working for you and they don't do their job well then have enough common sense to remove them and get someone that does care and respect your athority..The city has to much to gain to just let the mayor set back and let whom ever do whatever they want because thats the way it always been done.
Verify your Facts

Georgetown, KY

#6 Apr 10, 2010
Blaming Wrong Person wrote:
The mayor had the dirt completely removed that same day and has taken care of the situation once it was brought to his attention. The area was closed off until the problem was resolved. There are times when employees can do things to make things look bad on an elected official. We should all be careful to place the blame on who really is at fault. Elected officials shouldn't have to hold the hands of grown adults who are employed by them.
The mayor was made aware of the "situation", as you put it, the night BEFORE the dirt was spread! Advised employees to spread the dirt anyway and "pick out" whatever was in it! Its time elected officials become accountable for their office and their employees. IT'S THEIR JOB!
Mule Skinner

United States

#7 Apr 15, 2010
Hay fools you voted them in there now you want to cry like babies.Now you have a bunch more crooks running in May.When they get in you can cry some more.Well i don't have to worrie about that cause I am not a dumb ass like you asshole.I don't vote for none of the crooks.
Not so common sense

Clarksville, TN

#8 Apr 16, 2010
tax payer wrote:
but if the elected officials cannot control the people that work for them how in the world can they run the city, If you have someone working for you and they don't do their job well then have enough common sense to remove them and get someone that does care and respect your athority..The city has to much to gain to just let the mayor set back and let whom ever do whatever they want because thats the way it always been done.
You cannot forcast the job abilities and sensability of those whom you hire for a job.
This mayor has done things differently. He is out working in sewer lines, highways as he holds up traffic and so on ... have you ever seen a past mayor do this???
Compare Allen to Arnett!!! What would Topix be saying if Arnett was still in office???... Case closed!!!
tired

United States

#9 Apr 16, 2010
Not so common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot forcast the job abilities and sensability of those whom you hire for a job.
This mayor has done things differently. He is out working in sewer lines, highways as he holds up traffic and so on ... have you ever seen a past mayor do this???
Compare Allen to Arnett!!! What would Topix be saying if Arnett was still in office???... Case closed!!!
That he was the same with everyone, but he didn't watch his back and he kept the wrong girl in a critical position, Vicki Slemp. Then he made matters worse and hired her sister-in-law, Teresa Koontz. Man signed his own death certificate, trying to work with those two. I felt sorry for him.
Not so common sense

Clarksville, TN

#10 Apr 17, 2010
tired wrote:
<quoted text>That he was the same with everyone, but he didn't watch his back and he kept the wrong girl in a critical position, Vicki Slemp. Then he made matters worse and hired her sister-in-law, Teresa Koontz. Man signed his own death certificate, trying to work with those two. I felt sorry for him.
What??? Vicki Slemp??? "Sister in law"??? "Death certificate"???
Has chicken little been sitting on your shoulder??? I can understand that you are tired of Stanton and the shape it is in, yet you do not know the true story and why/how Stanton is in it's current state of matters.
Look at the former city pool ... 225 thousand dollars to fix the pool and it was closed in two years!!! Do you think the money went to the pool??? Do you think that past mayors wanted it open???
When a mayor comes in with the push to clean up the mess, give that person time to do so ... it takes time for wounds to heal!!!

Since: Apr 10

Jackson, KY

#11 Apr 18, 2010
Hi,
I certainly wished I knew of this forum earlier. Never too lat, I guess. Guess everyone is well aware of the upcoming elections. Especially the MAYOR's race coming in November. Here's a little thing that Dale Allen doesn't want you to know about. Seems some of you think you know Mayor Dale Allen as being a really nice, caring person. The following info. might just change your opinion rather quickly. Just curious if any of you heard about the 30-30 bullet that was fired directly at our idiot POLICE officer's back late at night on August 5, 2009. You never read that in the CLAY CITY TIMES, did ya? They kept that out like a lot of other things, as many of you already know. Next question. Anybody know Winnie Marcum that owns the STANTON FLORIST? that bullet I mentioned? It was fired at officers Greg Conners, Donovan Crabtree and Clay City officer James Kirk just after midnight on August 5, 2009. The man who fired it is Bobby Hailton. Was he arrested and charged with numerous counts of wanton endangerment? NO! Did the POLICE respond to several calls made to the DISPATCH that a bullet had entered Winnie's home almost striking her son Stephen? NO! Were the POLICE concerned about where that stray bullet went and could have seriously injured or killed someone? NO! What about the DISPATCH office (one Enoch Thomas that took the calls and verifieed that this shooting in fact happened), but sent no POLICE to the Marcum's residence? Anybody hear about that? I thought so! Enoch Thomas will do anything for his good 'ol boy buddies...especially Kevin Neal. Anybody aware that Stephen caught and tried to speak to Mayor Dale Allen at the local KROGER (a few days later), but Dale threatened him with arrest when Stephen only tried to speak with him calmly? Bet you didn't know about that, huh?
Is anybody aware that Stephen had to wait until August 13, 2009 where he brought attention to the 30-30 bullet and what our so-called trustworthy POLICE dept. where they did not do their job, to the Mayor & City Council? Read on friends. Is anybody aware that stray bullets kill more people than one's fired point blank? At that meeting, Stephen addressed his concerns. What did he get? Mayor Dale Allen, PC Kevin Neal, and most of the City Council practically laughed at Stephen and were not concerned in the least. I know...I was there. Mayor Dale Allen even quoted, "Nobody got hurt?(laughing) Nobody got hurt, then no harm done."
Stephen advised them that he had contacted several Lexington NEWS stations, but was shocked to hear that they had contacted both Mayor Dale Allen and PC Kevin Neal, and were advised that no such shooting had took place, and that Mr. Marcum (or his mother, Winnie), wasn't to be believed. Don't want to believe me? Stop by and see Winnie, she'll tell you about it, and also show you where that 30-30 bullet struck and is still lodged in the wall of her home. Interesting thing is PC Kevin Neal denied this shooting at that Council Meeting, but 32 seconds later, admitted it in fact happened. Isn't Kevin Neal just great? Yeah, right! Also, he claims his officers found the exact bullet they admit Mr. Hailton fired at them, less than 10ft. from where it was fired, on a really foggy night that was hard see, even with a flashlight that August night. Now...who you want to trust now? You still think you want to vote for Dale Allen (owner of ALLEN's HARDWARE in Clay City), when he runs for re-election in November? You still want to vote for a man who shows more concern toward back-up sewage, from time to time, but thinks a stray bullet isn't troubling? A man who values sewage more than a person's life? And how about the LAW SUIT he recently got us in to (that we'll all have to pay for)? Think about it, folks.
What

Macon, GA

#12 Apr 18, 2010
What lawsuit? Sounds like this was written by, one, Stephan Marcum.

Jackson, KY

#13 Apr 18, 2010
What wrote:
What lawsuit? Sounds like this was written by, one, Stephan Marcum.
Hi "WHAT"
That lawsuit I mentioned has nothing to do with Stephen. It's the one that Dale has caused after firing Theresa. In fact, Stephen isn't even aware that I have brought to everyone's attention regarding that bullet situation. I just hope he doesn't get mad at me for notifying the public after such a late date. Meanwhile, I understand that Stephen is away doing some film work, and you should come see and chat with him next weekend (Saturday, April 24). He'll be the guest at Mama Crowe's ZOMBIE WALK, and also signing autographs from the film he did "Land of the Dead" (in 2005). Have a good one.

Jackson, KY

#14 Apr 18, 2010
concernedfemalecitizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi "WHAT"
That lawsuit I mentioned has nothing to do with Stephen. It's the one that Dale has caused after firing Theresa. In fact, Stephen isn't even aware that I have brought to everyone's attention regarding that bullet situation. I just hope he doesn't get mad at me for notifying the public after such a late date. Meanwhile, I understand that Stephen is away doing some film work, and you should come see and chat with him next weekend (Saturday, April 24). He'll be the guest at Mama Crowe's ZOMBIE WALK, and also signing autographs from the film he did "Land of the Dead" (in 2005). Have a good one.
Correction folks. My fault with a typo. It's the lawsuit filed by VICKIE that everyone should thank 'ol Dale Allen for acquiring for us. Just give him another 4 years and see how much he can bring us down even further.
Vomit on Hate

Clarksville, TN

#15 Apr 18, 2010
concernedfemalecitizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction folks. My fault with a typo. It's the lawsuit filed by VICKIE that everyone should thank 'ol Dale Allen for acquiring for us. Just give him another 4 years and see how much he can bring us down even further.
I have never read hours of "ones" typing done to fill a website like Topix to the brim with hate, lies and what sounds to be revenge, to the point that you just accomplished.
What gives???
I am sure you'll comment ... Topix is like bacteria which feast on feces, people just cannot for some reason get enough of this dung fest!!!
Maybe I can get some of that hate ... just do not expect me to eat it ...
hahaha

Clay City, KY

#16 Apr 18, 2010
You already ate it when you decided to be part of the problem. Your no better than anyone else on here, your probally worse because you like to judge everyone else for doing exactly what your doing. If you want to be a "better person" then stay away from topix.
tired

United States

#17 Apr 19, 2010
Not so common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
What??? Vicki Slemp??? "Sister in law"??? "Death certificate"???
Has chicken little been sitting on your shoulder??? I can understand that you are tired of Stanton and the shape it is in, yet you do not know the true story and why/how Stanton is in it's current state of matters.
Look at the former city pool ... 225 thousand dollars to fix the pool and it was closed in two years!!! Do you think the money went to the pool??? Do you think that past mayors wanted it open???
When a mayor comes in with the push to clean up the mess, give that person time to do so ... it takes time for wounds to heal!!!
I know what a mess Stanton is in, but the younger generation maybe can un-do what their parents have PUT in office all these years, for the sake of the good ole boys. I watch what goes on....
Get friggin real

United States

#18 Apr 20, 2010
I have never seen Dale Allen's fat butt in a sewer hole or on the highway! He is a worthless mayor who is only interested in helping himself. He doesn't even have opinions at the council meetings he just lets Dustin Meadows speak for him and nods like he understands what is going on. As for the dirt on the playground you can't blame the city workers because there is always two sides to every story and they do what he tells them to. He makes sure that if the situation is going to benefit him and make him look good than everyone knows he made it happen but if it doesn't and there is backlash about it he blames it on the city workers. Would anyone ignore a direct order from there boss? Or for that matter purposely lay down dirt with glass or whatever in it so they can go sweat their butts off in the hot sun and pick it back up? He favors some people and then treats others like dirt because they don't have money, authority or anything else. How many people has he let slide on their late fee or not charged a reconnect fee or let them keep their water on even though they owe money and the office is closed? Someone please post if he has helped you or told you to kiss off...that is what I'd like to know.
What

Macon, GA

#19 Apr 20, 2010
Talk about worthless...Dustin Meadows tries to speak for the mayor, but just sounds like an even bigger idiot. What has either one done for this city besides raise costs?

Jackson, KY

#20 Apr 20, 2010
What wrote:
Talk about worthless...Dustin Meadows tries to speak for the mayor, but just sounds like an even bigger idiot. What has either one done for this city besides raise costs?
Hi again,
You're absolutely right. Neither one of them have done nothing since getting in office but raise our bills and taxes even more. My advice is that a lot more people should start going top these City Council meetings and see what both Dale and Dustin are actually doing. Neither of these two idiots have the intelligence to get in from the rain. Just go to the meetings and see for yourself. Just curious, did anybody read the small bit in the last Clay City Times addressing to Dale and Dustin's ideas regarding the INTERNET? Stephen Marcum went to ask questions about that and was once again rudely treated. If you aren't aware, Dale (and mostly Dustin Meadows), have an idea cooking up their sleeve that they want to "moderate" the internet here just in the city of Stanton. It sounds like they want to findout who all has access to the internet, and if they buy, sell or trade on the internet, then the Dale and Dustin want us to pay them a huge "license fee" just for the privilage of doing what we already have a right to do anyway. They never could answer Stephen Marcum's question in an intelligent way. All they could do was gang up on him with attacks. The rest of te Council's response...hell, they sat there like mindless idiots and said nothing. Mr. Marcum just got up and walked out. Imagine, Stephen went there, not just speaking for himself, but for everyoneelse as well, and all Dale and Dustin could do was treat him quiet disrespectfully.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bubba 3 hr Really real 11
Hot girl in a Toyota 9 hr Passerby 1
garbage man (Oct '13) 11 hr Anonymous 2
Where is Paulette Brewer._._.Angie Marcum ? Mon Stranger 1
why do men hit women and children? (Nov '11) Mon citizen kane 31
Tommy Trickett (Jun '12) Mon Powellcogirl 5
Poll Is oral sex between a married man and woman a sin? (Jul '10) Mon One who knows 121
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stanton Mortgages