food stamps drug testing

Posted in the Stanton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
did you know

Mount Sterling, KY

#1 Nov 12, 2012
did you know they are now drug testing everyone that gets food stamps? thank god this will start Jan 1 2013 so get ready to pee. if you have nothing to hide
its all good .
to easy

West Liberty, KY

#2 Nov 12, 2012
Urine test are to easy to beat. THey need to do a hair test.That don't lie. Most employers are now doing the hair test. But then like most things, the governmen is behind times.
good

Versailles, KY

#3 Nov 13, 2012
I am on food stamps,if it weren't for food stamps a lot of the times we would not have much food. I have no problem with the drug testing, I am all for it. People always assume that everyone on food stamps are druggies or drunks. Well I have never had a drink in my whole life, never used any drugs except when I had my surgery and even then didn't take them like I was suppose to. I do not plan to stay on food stamps my whole life, but if being on food stamps right now means that my children can have food to eat then I am not ashamed.
sammy

Nicholasville, KY

#4 Nov 13, 2012
good wrote:
I am on food stamps,if it weren't for food stamps a lot of the times we would not have much food. I have no problem with the drug testing, I am all for it. People always assume that everyone on food stamps are druggies or drunks. Well I have never had a drink in my whole life, never used any drugs except when I had my surgery and even then didn't take them like I was suppose to. I do not plan to stay on food stamps my whole life, but if being on food stamps right now means that my children can have food to eat then I am not ashamed.
Do you smoke?
good

Versailles, KY

#5 Nov 13, 2012
sammy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you smoke?
No I do not smoke anything.
happy

Macon, GA

#6 Nov 14, 2012
I agree with good. I recently started getting stamps and its a good program for those who need it. I also know a lot of people abuse it too. I do not smoke, drink, do drugs or any other habit. I buy good things with the stamps and I believe others should too. I will gladly give pee, hair, or blood to get mine. Unlike some people my kids get their stamps. We only get $100 for four people but its enough to buy meats and can veggies for the month. If we run out of food at the end of the month we either let bills go to buy more or me wife and I simply go hungry. I am not ashamed to recieve them because theirs no shame in getting a little help when you need it. Every little bit helps. When work picks back up in the spring we won't be on them anymore. So if anyone really needs them I say go for it and keep your head up. Everyone in this world is not a foodstamp abuser.
stanton resident

United States

#7 Nov 14, 2012
happy wrote:
I agree with good. I recently started getting stamps and its a good program for those who need it. I also know a lot of people abuse it too. I do not smoke, drink, do drugs or any other habit. I buy good things with the stamps and I believe others should too. I will gladly give pee, hair, or blood to get mine. Unlike some people my kids get their stamps. We only get $100 for four people but its enough to buy meats and can veggies for the month. If we run out of food at the end of the month we either let bills go to buy more or me wife and I simply go hungry. I am not ashamed to recieve them because theirs no shame in getting a little help when you need it. Every little bit helps. When work picks back up in the spring we won't be on them anymore. So if anyone really needs them I say go for it and keep your head up. Everyone in this world is not a foodstamp abuser.
It's a shame that's all they give you. I know this woman with 3 kids that gets $800 in food stamps a month. Way more than they need.

“"Lookin' Over Yonder"”

Since: Apr 11

High on the Mountain

#8 Nov 14, 2012
"good" & "happy", That's what the program was set up to do and that is to help you when your down on your luck. Most of the one's abusing the system look at it as a way of life or supporting their habits.Sadly these are the ones that can't understand what the Food in food stamps means. They aren't yours to sell for fifty cents on the dollar,to trade for pills, gas or cigarettes.
In a perfect world there wouldn't be any hungry children, but then again this isn't Eden...
agree

West Liberty, KY

#9 Nov 14, 2012
Good and Happy, that is the people we need to be helping out more. It is a shame that you can't get anymore than that. I know a family here where the grandmother gets her disability(700.00) and the grandfather only makes about 12.00 hour. His job is seasonal. THey have custody of thier two grand kids. They don't get any foodstamps as long as the grandfather is working. When he isn't they probably won't this year either because he had a raise this year to make that 12.00 and hour. Before when there was only one income they got a few stamps but not many. It is a shame that we can't take care of those that really need it.
It has been my experience, those that really need help don't care one iota to take drug test as they have nothing to hide. They are usually all for it.
sssshhhh

Hueysville, KY

#11 Nov 16, 2012
I think anyone getting assisstance of any kind should be tested. I saw a man in the store one day and the cashier told him his total and he pulld 5 different ebt cards out of his wallet and laughed and said .. which one should i use and i was appauled by that. I'm sure those were meant for children and just shows he either bought them or is a dealer and traded for them. He should be ashamed for taking food out of a childs home
LOL

Manchester, KY

#12 Nov 17, 2012
I agree. I would have followed his ass and got his address and turned him in. Praise the lord and pass the piss cup that or I will pull the hair outta my head for you. Its about damn time.
Get a job

Ivel, KY

#13 Nov 17, 2012
Benefit payments. Get rid of cash payments and provide vouchers for 50 lbs bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese, basic sanitary items and all the powdered milk you can use.
If you want steak, burgers, takeaway and junk food, then get a job.

NHS. Get women to have birth control implants.
Then, test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to reproduce, use drugs, drink alcohol or smoke, then get a job.

Local authority housing. Ever live in military barracks?
You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair.
Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried.
If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and own your place.

Compulsory job search. You will either search for employment each week no matter what the job or you will report for community work.
This may be clearing the roadways and open spaces of rubbish, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you.

We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your boom boom stereo and speakers and put that money toward the “common good..”

Before you write that your rights have been violated, realize that all of the above is voluntary.
If you want our hard earned cash and housing assistance, accept the rules..
Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin someone's "self esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards those for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on benefit income you no longer have the right to VOTE!
For you to vote would be a conflict of interest..... If you want to vote, then get a job.

Oh I forgot, there are no factories or jobs and Obama is President.
saying what I think

Mount Sterling, KY

#15 Dec 9, 2012
amen(get a job) so many feel that the system is for supporting the kids they made and wont work for. I agree with you ''get a job! so many dont want to work they spend more time bilking the system and its going broke . its only to help when your having hard times so many cry and cry it dont feed my kids all month ,so many do need fs and so many dont understand what it was set up for . I say pass the cup ,if you have nothing to hide they dont get mad about it . so many think the goverment is thier baby's daddy to support all the babys you have get a job ! stop making babys you cant feed or wont feed . that goes for the dead beat parents that wont pay childsupport! what makes a parent is working for a living dont depend on the gov. times hard enough without making more babys you cant efford . be responsible use birth controle. one day we wont have s.s.i. or fs,or ssd,ss. one day all that will end then what will you do? make more kids? the system is going broke .
amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#16 Dec 9, 2012
what would happen if there was no more food stamps or wefair? they all should take a drug test
hallelujah

Beattyville, KY

#17 Jan 3, 2013
If you get food stamps because you need them and don't abuse them then thats okay! But for the ones that get hundreds of $ a month and buy nothing but junk food and sell them then no they shouldn't get them. I know a lady that lives in stanton that gets them, says her and her husband are split up and they live right together in the same home and she gets over $500 a month and they both work for cash, and called and reported and they did nothing. Then you have people that work and pay in taxes for them to live high on the hog. Makes me sick. If they say they are seperated, I say after a month or two do a visit without them knowing that you are coming and do a walk through.
well

Pikeville, KY

#18 Jan 4, 2013
hallelujah wrote:
If you get food stamps because you need them and don't abuse them then thats okay! But for the ones that get hundreds of $ a month and buy nothing but junk food and sell them then no they shouldn't get them. I know a lady that lives in stanton that gets them, says her and her husband are split up and they live right together in the same home and she gets over $500 a month and they both work for cash, and called and reported and they did nothing. Then you have people that work and pay in taxes for them to live high on the hog. Makes me sick. If they say they are seperated, I say after a month or two do a visit without them knowing that you are coming and do a walk through.
Sounds just like my brother and his wife. My mom doesn't believe they are doing it that way but they are. They get $800 a month and live in the house with her. They only buy $60 worth of food and buy the rest in pop to sell for their drugs. She sold her card again the other day to Stop & Shop in Irvine. They are bum, child abusers, and druggies and my mother wants nothing to do with me. Says she don't have to worry about me. I'm your kid too damnit! I guess its because I work all week, pay my own bills, and take care of my own kids. Who would you rather have as a child someone who grew up to take care of theirself or a lazy ass welfare bum.
me

London, KY

#19 Jan 4, 2013
If you know stop and shop bought there foodstamp s why don't you report it
Thank god

Lubbock, TX

#21 May 5, 2013
I totally agree with drug testing for the fs. I live in Lubbock,Tx and there are plenty of people who sell fs and lie to get fs. While I was pregnant I applied for pregnancy medicaid and fs I got approved once my son was born I reapplied and I got denied. My son only got his two month shots I don't have money to pay for his shots out of pocket. I was working and still in school I had to quit to take care of my son. My family turned against me because I got pregnant. Most people who get fs abuse the system and don't buy anything for their kids. I need fs and I am more than happy to pee in a cup.
the system is a joke

United States

#22 May 8, 2013
It doesnt do any good to report them they dont do anything about it i know a women and man that gets over 900 a month and sell them for 20 dollars a hundred than does the same thing before they even get them for the next month worse of all its their family that buys them
Travis

Orange, VA

#23 Aug 8, 2013
sammy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you smoke?
Amen sister i have a daughter having food for my wife and her means a lot more to me then the 5 minutes it takes to do the drug test i don't use drank or use drugs. i'm not ashamed they have food whats to be ashamed of.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 49 min reading 149,674
Newest addition of RATS to look out for 3 hr sixth sense 7
rick Carroll 6 hr none of your busi... 4
Ben Walling cheating again 11 hr What 2
Miss Powell County (Sep '15) 13 hr Pitty 15
know what ever happened to Greg Spencer (Dec '10) 18 hr True 9
Bubby Elkins Jul 23 Iwannaknow 1

Stanton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stanton Mortgages