powell county, ky
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
JARROD TOWNSEND

Clay City, KY

#1 Jun 17, 2010
18 YEARS OR OLDER? DO YOU THINK POWELL COUNTY, KY SHOULD BE WET OR DRY?
well

United States

#2 Jun 18, 2010
it should be WET!! If you can buy drugs on every street and corner you should at least be able to buy alcohol. I wanna open a bar, I hate this dead a*s town with nothing to do but drugs or drugs.
choice

Winchester, KY

#3 Jun 18, 2010
No No No,,,
well

United States

#5 Jun 18, 2010
just because you don't agree with my choice doesn't mean you have to put big red x's on it. grow up. it was a question, it's not like it's gonna happen anyways, and it's not like "topix forum posters" are going to make it happen anyways.
ROSENA AND JIMMY

Hazard, KY

#6 Jun 18, 2010
choice wrote:
No No No,,,
YOU SAY NO NO NO BUT YOU HAVE TO LOOK! PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BUY ALCOHOL ANYWAYS EVEN IF THAT MEANS GOING TO ANOTHER COUNTY, WHY NOT BE ABLE TO BUY IT FROM YOUR OWN COUNTY AND LEAVE THE REVENUE AND TAXES HERE. THERE ARE MORE ALCOHOL RELATED ACCIDENTS, PI'S, DUI'S AND DEATHS IN A DRY COUNTY THAN THEY ARE IN A WET COUNTY. ALSO THE MONEY GOES INTO FUNDS TO HELP WITH POLICE FORCE, AMBULANCE SERVICES, FIREFIGHTERS, IT HELPS BUISNESSES ALREADY HERE, NEW ONES TO COME IN, MOST BUISNESSES WHEN LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO BUILD AUTOMATICALLY MARK DRY COUNTIES OFF THERE LIST, THATS NOT FAIR FOR THIS COUNTY TO DO WITHOUT. AND PROMOTES TOURIST ATTRACTION, AND OPENS UP JOBS, I BELIEVE ALOT OF PEOPLE WOULD LOVE TO WORK LOCALLY IN THERE OWN TOWN INSTEAD OF TRAVELING SOMEWHERE ELSE. I BELIEVE IT'S TIME TO MOVE UP IN THE WORLD AND GET OUT OF THE STONEAGE. JUST BECAUSE THIS COUNTY CAN SELL ALCOHOL DOESN'T MEAN THAT PEOPLE HAVE TO BUY IT, THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED A CHOICE, BUT AT LEAST EVERYONE WILL HAVE THAT OPTION.
panda

Nicholasville, KY

#7 Jun 18, 2010
Yay. This topic again.

Religious people don't really care about your choice or your rights. They are going to save you from hell whether you like it or not. lol
not so common sense

Richmond, KY

#8 Jun 18, 2010
panda wrote:
Yay. This topic again.
Religious people don't really care about your choice or your rights. They are going to save you from hell whether you like it or not. lol
Yep, these are the same people who would rather see a retard drunk drive to Mt. Sterling, Campton etc, rather than an easier trail down the road and back for their alchohol.
They believe that they are saving "their" souls yet putting the drunk on the road for that much longer of time kills the innocent. IDIOTS!!!
You lie

United States

#9 Jun 18, 2010
ROSENA AND JIMMY wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU SAY NO NO NO BUT YOU HAVE TO LOOK! PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BUY ALCOHOL ANYWAYS EVEN IF THAT MEANS GOING TO ANOTHER COUNTY, WHY NOT BE ABLE TO BUY IT FROM YOUR OWN COUNTY AND LEAVE THE REVENUE AND TAXES HERE. THERE ARE MORE ALCOHOL RELATED ACCIDENTS, PI'S, DUI'S AND DEATHS IN A DRY COUNTY THAN THEY ARE IN A WET COUNTY. ALSO THE MONEY GOES INTO FUNDS TO HELP WITH POLICE FORCE, AMBULANCE SERVICES, FIREFIGHTERS, IT HELPS BUISNESSES ALREADY HERE, NEW ONES TO COME IN, MOST BUISNESSES WHEN LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO BUILD AUTOMATICALLY MARK DRY COUNTIES OFF THERE LIST, THATS NOT FAIR FOR THIS COUNTY TO DO WITHOUT. AND PROMOTES TOURIST ATTRACTION, AND OPENS UP JOBS, I BELIEVE ALOT OF PEOPLE WOULD LOVE TO WORK LOCALLY IN THERE OWN TOWN INSTEAD OF TRAVELING SOMEWHERE ELSE. I BELIEVE IT'S TIME TO MOVE UP IN THE WORLD AND GET OUT OF THE STONEAGE. JUST BECAUSE THIS COUNTY CAN SELL ALCOHOL DOESN'T MEAN THAT PEOPLE HAVE TO BUY IT, THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED A CHOICE, BUT AT LEAST EVERYONE WILL HAVE THAT OPTION.
There is no money for the Police, None for the Firefighters, does not create jobs, THERE ARE NO TAXES THAT STAY IN THE COUNTY. YOU LIE.

To Whom It May Concern:

Wolfe County has 19 active beer licenses in effect at this time. At $150.00 per year this comes to a total of $2,850.00 per year.

We also have in effect 3 liquor licenses at $400.00 per year for a total of $1,200.

The total we make per year on all license sales is $4,050.00

We make no money that we can tell of through payroll taxes since most of these places are run full time by the owner who pays no tax themselves or they are in an existing business such as a service station or a mini-mart type store which is already paying a payroll tax.

We have a very high rate of beer only stores closing and new ones opening. I am led to believe that this is because of the low profit margin on beer.

AS YOU CAN SEE, ALCOHOL SALES MAKE SUCH A SMALL MONETARY IMPACT ON A COUNTY THAT IT IS NOT EVEN NOTICEABLE.

They also say that alcohol sales will bring restaurants and factories to your area. Wolfe County has added 3 bars, no restaurants, and no factories since going wet in 1996.

If anyone has any questions, I would be more than glad to talk to you.

Sincerely,

Ray Hurst,
Wolfe County Judge/Executive

RH/ral
panda

Nicholasville, KY

#10 Jun 18, 2010
You lie wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no money for the Police, None for the Firefighters, does not create jobs, THERE ARE NO TAXES THAT STAY IN THE COUNTY. YOU LIE.
To Whom It May Concern:
Wolfe County has 19 active beer licenses in effect at this time. At $150.00 per year this comes to a total of $2,850.00 per year.
We also have in effect 3 liquor licenses at $400.00 per year for a total of $1,200.
The total we make per year on all license sales is $4,050.00
We make no money that we can tell of through payroll taxes since most of these places are run full time by the owner who pays no tax themselves or they are in an existing business such as a service station or a mini-mart type store which is already paying a payroll tax.
We have a very high rate of beer only stores closing and new ones opening. I am led to believe that this is because of the low profit margin on beer.
AS YOU CAN SEE, ALCOHOL SALES MAKE SUCH A SMALL MONETARY IMPACT ON A COUNTY THAT IT IS NOT EVEN NOTICEABLE.
They also say that alcohol sales will bring restaurants and factories to your area. Wolfe County has added 3 bars, no restaurants, and no factories since going wet in 1996.
If anyone has any questions, I would be more than glad to talk to you.
Sincerely,
Ray Hurst,
Wolfe County Judge/Executive
RH/ral
Yay, this shit again. It's not about making money, it's about being in America and having a right to buy a legal product. What right do people have to tell other people they can't buy or sell something that is totally legal? You personal believes about the product are not relevant.
Move it

Martin, KY

#11 Jun 18, 2010
panda wrote:
<quoted text>
Yay, this shit again. It's not about making money, it's about being in America and having a right to buy a legal product. What right do people have to tell other people they can't buy or sell something that is totally legal? You personal believes about the product are not relevant.
If you don't like it here move your worthless drunkass out!
Dry

AOL

#12 Jun 18, 2010
Let's keep it DRY. I run to the quick grocery and have to look at four or five druggies loafing outside because there is nothing for them to do. The last thing I want to encounter is four or five drunks there too.
a joke

Manchester, KY

#13 Jun 18, 2010
does anyone think that maybe wolfe would want us to think that it wouldnt better our community? think about it. if they let us think its a good idea and we became a wet county then we would take away a lot of their bussiness, so of course whatever info they let out isnt going to incourage us.i'd say they do a heck of a lot better than what was posted earlier. get real.

i think we should be wet, get the drunks off the roads and at the house where they should be.
not so common sense

Richmond, KY

#16 Jun 18, 2010
panda wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Ray .. umm "you lie".
Hell, Stanton makes more off of the resteraunt tax than Wolfe County makes in alchohol sales???
Give me a break!!!
Legal, is legal ... which is legal.
I say keep the drunk assholes off of the roads and have them travel one or two miles for their fix than forty miles both ways. Besides with the narcotic problem with this community, those who will become an alchoholic become just that ... they just pay more at the bootlegger or endanger lives from being an hour or more on the road.
What part of this common sense equation can the persnickity folk in the community not figure out???
not so common sense

Richmond, KY

#17 Jun 18, 2010
JARROD TOWNSEND wrote:
18 YEARS OR OLDER? DO YOU THINK POWELL COUNTY, KY SHOULD BE WET OR DRY?
Hmmm ... Jarrod??? 18, "18" .. years or older???
Something tells me that you are only 18 and another thing tells me that in the past I taught you in school.
Wait until you are 21 Jarrod ... go to the army, navy etc. Get the hell out of Powell County!!!
You even spelled your name that way ... maybe I should have given you a better lesson on life. LIFE as in gettin out of this retirement village.
man on fire

Canada, KY

#18 Jun 18, 2010
it should be wet because people can always drive a few miles out of the county to get it and back in powell county. Whats the big deal.I know why it has to be dry becase of all the churchs in powell county.
Not Saved

Ivel, KY

#19 Jun 18, 2010
panda wrote:
Yay. This topic again.
I am not religious. I hate useless, worthless drunks that try to influence my children to be alcoholics.

ALCOHOL! WHAT IS IT GOOD FOR? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

DRUNKS! WHAT ARE THEY GOOD FOR? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
michael

Clarksville, TN

#20 Jun 18, 2010
Move it wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't like it here move your worthless drunkass out!
Why do you hate America?

Let me ask you these, would you be in favor of a nation wide ban on alcohol?
Absolutely not

United States

#22 Jun 18, 2010
michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate America?
Let me ask you these, would you be in favor of a nation wide ban on alcohol?
Absolutely not! Just Powell County where my family is being raised.

I hate DRUNKS. Good grief look at the useless drunks in our county that have destroyed their families, their business and themselves.

WHAT ARE DRUNKS GOOD FOR? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

THUMP A DRUNK!
Citizens can contribute to highway safety by reporting erratic (drunk) drivers to the Kentucky State Police toll-free at EIGHT HUNDRED 222 FIFTY FIVE FIFTY FIVE. Callers will remain anonymous and should give a description of the vehicle, location, direction of travel and license number if possible.

YOU MAY SAVE SOMEONE’S LIFE!
michael

Clarksville, TN

#23 Jun 18, 2010
Absolutely not wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not! Just Powell County where my family is being raised.
I hate DRUNKS. Good grief look at the useless drunks in our county that have destroyed their families, their business and themselves.
WHAT ARE DRUNKS GOOD FOR? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
THUMP A DRUNK!
Citizens can contribute to highway safety by reporting erratic (drunk) drivers to the Kentucky State Police toll-free at EIGHT HUNDRED 222 FIFTY FIVE FIFTY FIVE. Callers will remain anonymous and should give a description of the vehicle, location, direction of travel and license number if possible.
YOU MAY SAVE SOMEONE’S LIFE!
So you never take your family out of Powell County?

Would you be in favor of banning the possession of alcohol in Powell county?
mntn man

United States

#24 Jun 18, 2010
Not Saved wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not religious. I hate useless, worthless drunks that try to influence my children to be alcoholics.
DRUNKS! WHAT ARE THEY GOOD FOR? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
OOoo!! Touchy !! Maybe you shouldn't have them around such folks .

People the revenue would stay in the county , it would save you on the gas ,wear and tear on your vehicle from going to Wolfe Co or other points to get a beverage .
The Wolfe Co. establishments would stand to lose $$ from their coffers.

By the way I for one believes it should be put on the ballot and voted on and not dictated by some self righteous zealots that want to control everything and everyone .
"BY GOD THIS IS STILL AMERICA"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do u half to be baptized to go to heaven (Sep '16) 8 hr see for yourself 5
casey creech (Feb '09) 12 hr jeeba 22
John Mossier (Feb '11) 16 hr Wow 23
The Rapture-coming soon!! (Oct '12) 17 hr Seriously 909
June Abner Wed Boydd3 1
Richard Brewer Wed Barry 1
How do you tell if someone is on the needle? (Mar '12) Wed Seen It 126

Stanton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance