2 Powell County boys found dead in pond

Mar 22, 2008 Full story: Kentucky.com 45

Two 15-year-old Powell County High School students who went fishing late Friday night and never returned home were found dead Saturday afternoon.

The bodies of Billy Clay Eversole of Stanton and Brian Rowland of Clay City were found Saturday in a large pond on Brewer's Lane by a rescue squad from Morehead, said Powell County Coroner Carl Wells Sr.

Wells said the boys were fishing in a small boat that capsized. The pond was about 25 feet deep, he said. An autopsy will be conducted by the medical examiner's office in Frankfort. Read more

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
rachel

Clay City, KY

#1 Mar 22, 2008
those were my friends and im gonna miss them,they both were very funny and fun to be around i hope yall have fun w/ jesus!
Rachel

United States

#2 Mar 23, 2008
Billy and Brian were two AMAZING people.
They will be missed so much.
Nothing will ever be the same without you..
REST IN PEACE.
We all love and miss you!
Aaron

Irvine, KY

#3 Mar 24, 2008
RIP
Teeka Raider

Stanton, KY

#4 Mar 24, 2008
Billy, Brian, I will miss you both. Watching football at my trailer, baking gingerbread cookies, even laughing with eachother. Two precious lives, will be missed dearly. Buh Bye Billy Clay Eversole; Buh Bye Brian Rowland.
Teeka Raider

Stanton, KY

#5 Mar 24, 2008
i love you billy and brian... i always have... and i always will... my big bubby billy and little bubby brian.
sabrina morrell

Winchester, KY

#6 Mar 24, 2008
we love billy, to eddie i'll love you for ever and if you need to talk you can find me at my house. and to all billy's brother am so so so sorry. and I love ya'll
sabrina morrell

Winchester, KY

#7 Mar 24, 2008
we all in winchester are going to miss Billy Eversole.
Krystal

Lexington, KY

#8 Mar 24, 2008
Billy and Brian were TWO amazing young teenage boys who enjoyed life and everything that came with it. The two boys were very athletic, hard workers, and loved to be the center of attention. Not to mention every where BILLY went BRIAN went too. They were very best friends and always have been. While attending Powell County High School they were just getting started on pursuing their dreams playing football. It was a tragic loss to someone who meant the world to you and the others they were around. They are terribly missed by the student and staff at Powell County High. They will forever be in our hearts and never forgotten. R.I.P. Billy and Brian
shelby

United States

#9 Mar 25, 2008
billy and brian were two of my best friends ill never forget them they could meke u smile any time of the day we miss u both but we know that ur in a better place we love you bunches
Amanda

Winchester, KY

#10 Mar 25, 2008
I did not know Billy or Brian Personally, but from the thngs that I have heard about the they were two amazing boys. My heart goes out to the families. NO parents should have to bury their children and for that I am deeply sorry. Your Families are in my prayer. God Bless youand R.I.P Billy Eversoleand Bran Rowland.
Marissa Comkright

Mount Sterling, KY

#11 Mar 26, 2008
Thats realle sad that it had to be brian and billy but it comes to show that life is short. I will miss both of them alot because they was my two best guy friends and i loved them sooo much.
mandy branham

United States

#12 Mar 26, 2008
i love and miss yu guys so much yall were like muh brothers and i will miss yu everyday of my life yur gone but never will yall b forgotten
jackie richardson

Stanton, KY

#13 Mar 27, 2008
i love u so much i miss yall i will not forget u eva u will always be my friend u as nice 2 everbody yall are a brother 2 me yall love yall not goin 4 get
megan

Stanton, KY

#14 Mar 28, 2008
Its really sad to see two boys this young go but whats the saddest is that they left to soon i wished there was a way you could tell when someone was gonna go becaus ethen i would have told billy good bye and i loved him but i took life for granted and didnt get the chance well rip billy and brian u guys were the best
brooklynre

Covington, TX

#15 Mar 28, 2008
billy and brain has been on the football team for a long time and they was good at it and we at powell county middle school and high school are really going to miss them
Tonita

Lawrenceburg, KY

#16 Mar 30, 2008
I miss you guys so much and i just want to let you know that i love both of you. My heart goes out to both families. God bless you all. And I will see you guys when my time comes...wait for me...R.I.P!!!
michael anderson

Stanton, KY

#17 May 2, 2008
R I P BILLY AND BRIAN ROWLAND
michael anderson

Stanton, KY

#18 May 2, 2008
rip billy and brian you will be missed
Meagan

Fairborn, OH

#19 May 18, 2008
I sure am gonna miss you guys
alli

Stanton, KY

#20 Jun 5, 2008
billy your my baby and your gone... why did it have to be you? why please dear god tell me...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Ari son of Anarchy 155,492
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 19 min ernest t 7,325
Tonya smith Jason smallwood (Feb '10) 4 hr Address 12
Apology 4 hr Fun 2
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 6 hr BIG_STEVIE 81,661
The Rapture-coming soon!! (Oct '12) 9 hr looking up 872
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) Tue Big Stevie 16,184
Stanton Dating
Find my Match

Stanton Jobs

Stanton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Stanton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Stanton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]