Anaheim is full of opportunities!

Posted in the Stanton Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Apr 4, 2012
I noticed that a lot of things do not exist in Anaheim, things such as a movie studio, acting classes, CD and talent agent workshops, talent agencies, community theatre, professional theatre, production companies for film and television and also for theatre, movie equipment rental places, etc etc etc, and therefore there are opportunities for people to create all of that in Anaheim, Anaheim is a wealthy city which has the economy to support all of that, and Anaheim has a huge population of people.

There are some key things to understand about Anaheim, such as that the majority of the population in Anaheim are Latino, and the majority of the population here speaks Spanish, so you should include the Latino market in your business plan. And there are millions of children in Anaheim, so you should include children in your business plan, such as if you are a theatre production company you would want to include producing plays for children, or if you are a talent agent you would want to represent children along with your other talent, etc.

Anaheim could easily support more entertainment industry related things, and there are many people who live in Orange County who work in the entertainment industry who currently have to drive all the way to L.A. who would rather work closer to home and who would love to work in Anaheim instead of L.A. if they could. Orange County also has a good film school, Chapman, and I am sure that many film students would want to stay and work in Orange County after they graduate. Anaheim poses a lot of opportunities for people to create things that would prosper here, including things related to the entertainment industry.

Another thing, Anaheim could use a good Rock and Roll radio station. Also, there are free channels on television that people can receive with an antenna, and television stations for the free channels are cheap to start up and run, that would be a good entry level business for a person or a group that wanted to start up and own a television station (And also that would help to create jobs for all of the people who run the station, and also the opportunity to create content and all of the jobs associated with content, etc).

Anaheim is full of opportunities.

Just a thought...

All the best,

Tony V.
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Apr 4, 2012
Also of note is that Anaheim Blvd used to be like the Sunset Strip, it used to be all clubs, and although most of the clubs are gone Anaheim Blvd is still zoned for clubs, so new clubs could easily open on Anaheim Blvd. There are a million opportunities for people to create things in Anaheim which would prosper here.
Tony

Lake Forest, CA

#3 Apr 5, 2012
Another great thing about Anaheim is that you are allowed to smoke cigarettes here, Anaheim is friendly for smokers.
Tony

United States

#4 Apr 10, 2012
Tony wrote:
Another great thing about Anaheim is that you are allowed to smoke cigarettes here, Anaheim is friendly for smokers.
You can even smoke cigarettes at Downtown Disney.

Anaheim is cool in a lot of ways.
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#5 May 8, 2012
People are going all over the world to make movies, while Anaheim is close to the entertainment industry, there needs to be filming in Anaheim, and Anaheim needs some entertainment industry jobs right here in Anaheim. Seriously.
Tony

United States

#6 Jun 17, 2012
The arts need to be nurtured in Anaheim.

Some children here at my apartment complex in Anaheim wanted to put on a show for everyone, and so they went door to door and invited everyone to come to their show, and so I shot video of their show for them. Their parents thanked me for shooting it, and they asked me to put some of it on the web so that they can share it with their friends. The kids want to shoot more, they loved being in front of the camera, and some of the other kids here want to participate next time, so we will be shooting more in the future. The manager was happy too, she thanked me for shooting it, and she said that it is a good activity for the kids. The arts are awesome, and I love seeing children get interested in the arts, it was a pleasure to shoot for them, and they really had fun, it was cool.

Here is a video of some children here at my apartment complex singing...

http://tinyurl.com/6ogd5ex

It would be cool if these kids had a singing coach, and acting coach, and dance teacher, and stuff, and it would be cool to have a writer to write scenes for short videos of them acting, etc. I have a tape of singing exercises from The American Academy of Dramatic Arts, but I do not have a way to make copies. These kids love being in front of the camera, and it is a great activity for them.

There is an apartment complex in Palmdale where a guy got all of the kids together to make a film, he taught the kids about all of the aspects of filmmaking, and they made their own film. Stuff like that is cool. It would be cool if something like that could happen here. I could teach them some stuff, and I could work with them, but it would be cool to have some other people with experience and training to help. We will see what I can do. Meanwhile, I told them to keep practicing.

All the best,

Tony V.
Tony

United States

#7 Jul 15, 2012
Here is a link for the Facebook page for the Anaheim Performing Arts Center Foundation...

http://tinyurl.com/AnaheimPerformingArts

We need to support the arts in Anaheim!

Salute,

Tony V.
Jimmy

United States

#8 Jul 17, 2012
all of orange county is full of opportunities!
Tony

Aliso Viejo, CA

#9 Jul 19, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
all of orange county is full of opportunities!
Orange County needs to live up to its full potential. And there needs to be entertainment industry jobs in Anaheim.

All the best,

Tony V.
Tony

Aliso Viejo, CA

#10 Jul 19, 2012
I will post this here on this thread just in case any of you are into the arts, after I attended college and received my Associate in Arts degree, I attended The American Academy of Dramatic Arts, some of you may enjoy this...

Here is an acting scene on You Tube of me doing the Second Chorus from Anouilh's Antigone. My Uncle Dennis was my cameraman (He died in January, I miss him). I hope that you enjoy it.

"Antigone, an adaptation of Sophocles's classic produced in the context of the anti-fascist French resistance, is Jean Anouilh's (1910–1987) most often-produced work today. Antigone premiered in Paris in 1944, but Anouilh had written his tale of lone rebellion against the state two years earlier, inspired by an act of resistance during Paris's occupation by the Nazis. In August 1942, a young man named Paul Collette fired at and wounded a group of directors during a meeting of the collaborationist Légion des volontaires français. Collette did not belong to a Resistance network or organized political group, but acted entirely alone and in full knowledge of his certain death. For Anouilh, Collette's solitary act—at once heroic, gratuitous, and futile—captured the essence of tragedy and demanded an immediate revival of Antigone. Aware of Anouilh's thinly veiled attack on the Vichy government, the Nazis censored Antigone immediately upon its release. It premiered two years later at the Théâtre de l'Atelier in Paris under the direction of André Barsacq, a few months before Paris' liberation. The play starred (his wife) Monelle Valentin as the doomed princess."

Here is a link for my video:

http://youtu.be/2NnXQpikxyk

I will make more You Tube videos soon. And hopefully I can get some paid acting work soon (It would be awesome to find some paid acting work in Anaheim). Plus I am trying to produce a film with my own production company, and I am trying to get a poetry book that I wrote published. I am optimistic even in this bad economy. And I believe that we can improve our world economy if all of the good people in the world work together as a team globally in good ways.

Tout les meilleur,

Tony V.
Tony

Corona, CA

#11 Jul 21, 2012
Anaheim also needs more bookstores, and more record stores, so there are opportunities in Anaheim for people who want to open bookstores and record stores (the record stores could also sell DVD videos, etc).

Anaheim is full of opportunities.

All the best,

Tony V.
Tony

Yorba Linda, CA

#12 Aug 9, 2012
The Anaheim Film Festival is coming up in October...

Link...

http://www.anaheimfilmarts.org/

I volunteered at the Anaheim Film Festival in 2010, it was a blast, and I met a lot of really great people, and I saw some cool films.

I hope that there are more films from Anaheim locals entered this year, it is a great opportunity for filmmakers from Anaheim to showcase their work.

We must support the arts in Anaheim, and there needs to be entertainment industry jobs here in Anaheim.

I will probably volunteer again to work at the Anaheim Film Festival this year. I urge all of you to attend the festival, and I urge you to volunteer to help support the arts in Anaheim.

Salute,

Tony V.
Tony

United States

#13 Aug 18, 2012
APAC Featured on the Anaheim Arts Councils Website
Posted on August 18, 2012 by admin

New Performing Arts Center Inches Ever Closer

Here is the LINK...

http://www.apacf.org/2012/08/apac-featured-on...
Tony

Lynwood, CA

#14 Aug 20, 2012
Here are a few videos of my friend Jon's band at a mahi mahi taco party here at my apartment complex in Anaheim, this place is cool, we can have parties with live bands, and we have a swimming pool and stuff, this place is cool, and the owner of the complex is going to buy pizza for everyone at the next party here...

Enjoy these videos, the band is named Nasty Habits, and these videos were shot at a party in Anaheim...

http://youtu.be/x4K7dnixw5I

http://youtu.be/ISDznql9cAk

http://youtu.be/kLbfvUBbv60

And here is a video of me interviewing my friend Jon, Jon played guitar for The Red Hot Chili Peppers, and also for the band Suicidal Tendencies, his current band is Nasty Habits...

http://youtu.be/47YL7vd0pKQ

All the best,

Tony V.
Tony

Lynwood, CA

#15 Aug 20, 2012
I tried to open a movie studio here in my neighborhood, there was a place here within walking distance from my apartment that was for sale which would have been perfect for a small movie studio like The Occidental Studio in East Hollywood, I tried to get the San Manuel Indian Tribe of San Bernardino to become my business partner, I told them that if they would put up the money to buy it that I would run it and that I would make it successful, and I told them that we would split the profits, and I told them that I would buy them out when I could and that they would make a profit on it, but they turned me down. They told me to keep sending them ideas, and they said that maybe someday they might be interested in one of my ideas. The piece of property was eventually bought by a towing company, what a waste, it would have been a cool little studio. Oh well, I least I tried.

All the best,

Tony V.
Marge

Anaheim, CA

#16 Aug 28, 2012
Good ideas... Cuz lots if young people move outta OC ... There is nothing here. Go to Disneyland! No hang outs, nothing at
All as Tony lusted... It's boring in OC. On long Beach an artful district is being created... Reminds me a tad of SoJo , NY... SoLo, CA ? someday! I'd like to move there... Neat place. Lot going on. I think Lincoln Blvd should be loaded with all kinds of cafes if all cultures, clubs, restaurants, skaters serving food to drive in places, speaking of drive ins... Lincoln runs from a west end of OC thru to the east end.
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Aug 28, 2012
Marge wrote:
Good ideas... Cuz lots if young people move outta OC ... There is nothing here. Go to Disneyland! No hang outs, nothing at
All as Tony lusted... It's boring in OC. On long Beach an artful district is being created... Reminds me a tad of SoJo , NY... SoLo, CA ? someday! I'd like to move there... Neat place. Lot going on. I think Lincoln Blvd should be loaded with all kinds of cafes if all cultures, clubs, restaurants, skaters serving food to drive in places, speaking of drive ins... Lincoln runs from a west end of OC thru to the east end.
Thanks Marge. Yes, a lot of cool things could happen in Anaheim.

:)

All the best,

Tony V.
Tony

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Aug 28, 2012
I almost had the opportunity to produce a charity concert at Angel Stadium here in Anaheim, a friend from Kiwanis International ran for Mayor of Anaheim, and the city of Anaheim owns Angel Stadium, and she said that if she won that she would let me produce a charity concert at Angel Stadium, she said that it has always been a dream of hers to do something like that. I was going to try to get the Red Hot Chili Peppers, No Doubt, and Social Distortion to play, and I was going to make room for my firned Jon's band Nasty Habits to open, and all of the proceeds were going to go to help the foster children of Orange County, I was going to work completely for free, and every penny was going to go to help children, the children's charity that I wanted to help was CASA of Orange County...

Link for CASA:

http://casaoc.org/

Sadly my friend did not win as Mayor, but we had some cool dreams if she would have won.

Anaheim is a cool city.

All the best,

Tony V.
Tony

Lynwood, CA

#19 Aug 29, 2012
Anaheim also needs to have a legal drag strip...

A guy in an old Camaro just burnt the tires down the side street by where I live, and I have always loved street rods, I guess it is a guy thing. In high school everyone built their own street rods, and sometimes I helped people work on their cars, and then they would race, we lived out in the desert, and we would go way out where there was no traffic and then we would paint a line on the road at one telephone pole and then we would count seven poles and then we would paint the finish line. It was a lot of fun.

Also, one of my cousins builds cars, and I used to go out with him to the street races and watch him race.

I owned one street rod, it was an old Ford truck that had been made into a street rod, it was kind of fast, but it needed a super charger.:) And I owned a Baja Bug that was set up for off road racing, it hauled ass across the desert, it was my first car. Maybe someday I will buy another street rod, we will see.

I wondered if there is a legal drag strip around Anaheim, so I did a Google search to see, and nothing came up. Anaheim needs to have a legal drag strip. Going to watch the races would be a cool way to spend a Saturday. They have car shows here, I have been to a couple, and those are cool too.

All the best,

Tony V.
Tony

Corona, CA

#20 Aug 29, 2012
Horse Racing

I met a guy when I worked construction who owned a concrete pump, the boss hired him whenever we needed a concrete pump, and the guy was able to get the money to buy his concrete pump by betting on horses at horse races. He went to a lot of races, and he got really good at betting on the horses, and it really paid off for him, he was able to buy his concrete pump, and then he made a lot of money with his pump.

I went to a few horse races when I was a kid, we went to Santa Anita and stuff, and my grandparents owned race horses before I was born, and then my parents owned a race horse. The race horse that my parents owned was named "Sure Bet Baby," and then she broke her leg, so they changed her name to "Too Bad Baby," and then she was just used for breeding. I would like to start going to the horse races, there is a track close to where I live, Los Alamitos, and maybe someday I will buy some race horses.

So far as betting, I learned that you never gamble what you cannot afford to lose, so I have never been a big gambler, but it would be fun to place some small bets. And if I get good at it maybe I can win a little money. It would be fun to start going to the horse races at Los Alamitos.

All the best,

Tony V.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mother Murdered at LM Swap Meet 58 min Juanito 2
Tierra Luna: Do we really need a third mall in ... (Jan '12) 16 hr KPP123 12
Helping the homeless people at La Palma Park (Sep '12) 17 hr Tony 123
LMSA Soccer (Feb '10) 19 hr Galaxy 5,099
NAME the New Stadium 23 hr lm tax payer 11
Swap Meet Murder Fri Brian 1
Why is there a police helicopter circling over ... (Jul '11) Fri whitw 21

Beach Hazards Statement for Orange County was issued at October 25 at 4:41AM PDT

Stanton News Video

Stanton Dating
Find my Match

Stanton Jobs

Stanton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Stanton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Stanton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]