Bomb Threat At Page County High School

Bomb Threat At Page County High School

There are 8 comments on the The Daily News-Record story from Nov 1, 2007, titled Bomb Threat At Page County High School. In it, The Daily News-Record reports that:

“And fortunately, not finding anything and then being able to follow up the investigation and determine who was the cause of it.”

The unidentified girl, Montgomery said, is charged with unlawfully and feloniously communicating a threat to bomb the school, a Class 5 felony. via The Daily News-Record

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily News-Record.

r sellers

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Nov 5, 2007
Why were students locked in classrooms when there was a bomb threat at the school?
B Hilliard

United States

#2 Nov 9, 2007
I am a P/T teacher at PCHS and was there during the first bomb threat. I feel everything was handled appropriately and organized considering the situation. You surely wouldn't want your children wondering the hallways during a bombthreat. Better yet would you want them to run outside and have complete chaos! We do need to keep track of these kids, and not scare them to death. The point of keeping them out of the hallways is due to a bomb maybe being in a locker. It would probably be better and safer for them to wait for instruction from the principal. Dr. Phoenix has been doing his job for a long time and is very aware and capable of dealing with these situations. Please have a little faith in school leaders, they would never put your children in danger. Dr. Phoenix seen the letter and knew it was a prank from the start, if you would have seen it you would understand. Another big issue is student cell phones being in the schools. Apparently Ms. Laura Minnicks (Page News & Courier) daughter got her cell phone and immediately called her mother. The situation got dramatized and exxagerated a bit by her daughter. The teachers knew that it was not a situation with any guns involved, but her daughter assumed this was the case leading to a dramatized situation. A mother receiving a phone call like that from her child would instantly panic. To many school shootings are happening as it is. That's exactly why students should not be allowed to have cell phones ON at school. I understand you want your child to be safe, but not to create unnecessary drama.
Kaytlin

Elkton, VA

#3 May 29, 2008
Good question I would like to know that also. What if a bomb was to really go off? Everyone would be dead and yes I am right.

David S

Manchester, TN

#4 Sep 8, 2008
B Hilliard

Oh hell no, that would make sense to let the children get on buses and go to the safety of their own home. No lets keep them all inside and make sure there is a lot more casualties. I think you been sniffing a little too much of that chicken shit for your own good there.
Was Dr. Phoenix trained by FBI? Then I think in our families best interests we took our children out of Page County schools. We moved from that inmate producing hellhole of a County the minute we heard that corrupt Danny Presgraves was going to be Sheriff.

Pretty smart move to keep updating the jails, courthouse and all of the inmate producing facilities instead of the schools. Of course they wouldn't want to do that because then people might be intelligent enough to move the friggin out of there. Oh the reason why cell phones shouldn't be at school is because the administration would have more control and oppression against the students. That's the real reason. I take it you voted for Bush too?
pagecountyluvr

United States

#5 Dec 9, 2008
this is regarding the comment from: David S of
Columbia, TN

well apparentely you have no clue about Page County!This is a beautiful place to live & besides bomb threats and a few other minor things that are barely anything it is a wonderful place to live!!& teachers and staff are just doing there jobs so why dont you go try to fill there shoes and see how complicated it is being a teacher and/or principal and handling fights, & bomb threats and about 900 or some kids who you are responsible for and see how principals feel.
They could lose there job if they did not follow procedures..so SHUT YOUR FKNN MOUTH!!
I absolutely LOVE PAGE COUNTY IT IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE TO LIVE AND BEAUTIUL SCENERY so is tennessee because i have been there but i might never live anywhere besides page countyy!
ohhh..& FYI I GO TO A PAGE COUNTY PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL!!! so shut your mouthhh!!!
mikal

Brookneal, VA

#6 Dec 11, 2008
it's pretty pitiful how your badmouthing page county. yeah, maybe it's not the most exciting place, and may not suit YOUR intrests, but it is really a wonderful place. our crime level isn't soaring through the roof, we have some of the most beautiful weather i've ever seen, and some of the most genuine people you could ever meet. And i personally think you should watch your mouth instead of constantly bagging on this area.
Iyt

Luray, VA

#7 Dec 16, 2008
I think the bomb threats are plain out stupid
TAMI mitchell

Strasburg, VA

#8 Mar 19, 2009
i think the bomd thretas are stupid they think it cool but it not. i go to page mysefl. the do bomb threats just to get out of school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are the problems with the glock 21 ? (Nov '13) Mar 9 berettabone 3
Winter in luray Feb '17 Gormy05 1
Can someone give me a legitimate site to do a b... (Dec '13) Feb '17 Jenell 3
Jessica Gooden (Mar '13) Dec '16 Correction 4
Elkton Girls (Feb '12) Sep '16 hdone 5
I have a question about Debt Consolidation? (Nov '13) May '16 James310 3
With bad credit is it easier to get a new car l... (Dec '13) Feb '14 mikethom 3

Stanley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance