Oil in North Dakota Brings Job Boom and Burdens

Jan 1, 2008 Full story: www.nytimes.com 82

New York Times At dawn, people from faraway states huddle outside the Mountrail County courthouse here, the coldest ones leaving briefcases and books to secure their spots for the moment it opens.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
thats life

United States

#1 Jan 2, 2008
...can't get the good without the bad. The world cannot be perfected, no matter what Mr Bill thinks.
Soldier

Stanley, ND

#3 Feb 18, 2008
Stay away from stanley, ND. They are a cruel people there. They treat outsiders like crap. They think they can rake in the money without having to change. Just ask some of the Natives south of stanley. They have been treated poorly for many years, and they are suppose to be neighbors. Preachers in this area are afraid to loose there job, if they tell the residents in stanley, that they are wrong in how they treat people. Go to kenmare or tioga. They are much more pleasant and receptive.
wondering

Waldport, OR

#4 Aug 6, 2008
Here's a question...How come Iraq's oil belongs to the people of Iraq....and in this country it belongs to individuals, corporations, etc.? I know, I know capitalistic and all, but aren't we making Iraq a capitalistic country too. What is it, different rules for capitalistic there, then here? Take a good look at what we say and do for other countries, and then look deep into ours and find the double standards or lack there of any at all. These are our leaders and models...???..hmmm...??? I think we need to re-group , like a totally new group.
Jamaica Pete

AOL

#5 Aug 6, 2008
Well soldier,I see you seem like an honest guy,that speaks the truth on Stanley.
Here is one for you, whats the odds of a Jamaican (black male) coming there for employment? I have a CDL,Culinary,and Personal Trainer.Keep it real,I can take it,smile
sweetbutcrude

Live Oak, CA

#6 Aug 15, 2008
Here's the answer. How is it you own your house? Car/ ect? You bought it. Same with oil rights. Its called democracy.
wondering wrote:
Here's a question...How come Iraq's oil belongs to the people of Iraq....and in this country it belongs to individuals, corporations, etc.? I know, I know capitalistic and all, but aren't we making Iraq a capitalistic country too. What is it, different rules for capitalistic there, then here? Take a good look at what we say and do for other countries, and then look deep into ours and find the double standards or lack there of any at all. These are our leaders and models...???..hmmm...??? I think we need to re-group , like a totally new group.

Since: Jul 08

Denver, CO

#7 Aug 17, 2008
wondering wrote:
Because until now their govt owned the oil...so now the US is trying to get the people to have a stake in their country's future by offering the oil revenue etc....

Of course we are trying to make iraq capitialist country...thats the W's plan all along..

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#8 Aug 27, 2008
thats life wrote:
...can't get the good without the bad. The world cannot be perfected, no matter what Mr Bill thinks.
Did you have to tell me?
jodi

Fairport, NY

#9 Sep 5, 2008
where is there to live for people coming there to work in the oil field? anyone have any housing info in the williams county area please let me know queenwretched@yahoo.com!!!
Stanley

Bismarck, ND

#10 Sep 7, 2008
I know Stanley Girls Suck big time! I know of a girl named Breeann Dralle who likes to sleep with married men! She slept with my friends husband! Look out married woman don't let your husbands work in Stanley! These young girls are looking for men with money!

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#11 Sep 8, 2008
Stanley wrote:
I know Stanley Girls Suck big time! I know of a girl named Breeann Dralle who likes to sleep with married men! She slept with my friends husband! Look out married woman don't let your husbands work in Stanley! These young girls are looking for men with money!
I guess they don't like skinny, poor, dopey geeks like you? You'll always have your hand.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#12 Sep 8, 2008
jodi wrote:
where is there to live for people coming there to work in the oil field? anyone have any housing info in the williams county area please let me know queenwretched@yahoo.com!!!
Dear Queenie,

When the girl from Brooklin, NY sees the rent costs, she will giggle. Remember, everything is relative.

http://www.willistonherald.com/classifieds/re...

http://www.devilslakejournal.com/admarket/rea...
http://www.jamestownsun.com/classifieds/index...

http://www.hot-ads.com/browse/index.cfm...
http://www.dailyearth.com/USNews/northdakota....
http://www.grandforksherald.com/marketplace/...
http://www.kxmb.com/t/williams-county-nd
http://northdakota.hometownlocator.com/ND/Wil...

Good luck if you go out, be a cowgirl.
Stanley

Bismarck, ND

#13 Sep 18, 2008
Mr. Bill Skinny Dopey girls like me what?First of all not dopey I'm educated she is not! She is a uneducated waitress! Im not poor I provide for myself and don't need a loser oil rig man who will sleep with any one and cheats on his wife! I might always have my hand because im not a slut, don't sleep with married men, im very independent, a great friend! Maybe im not scared! Just want the world to know about the slut Breeann Dralle who sleeps with married men!!!!!!!
formeroilfieldwo rker

Watford City, ND

#14 Oct 14, 2008
they figure this bakken formation will taper off in 20 years. the current rate that americans use gas, if i remeber is 20 million gallons a day.this is only a 20 day supply in relaity. we pay the most for gas where all the oil wells are at. but the big cities get it cheaper,we need to curb big city appetites like minneapolis mn,and others, raise there price of gas give us the cheaper price here because when i go to the bigger cities 1 person to a car,start using buses and train service.and maybe 1 trip to the mall a week not every day.
formeroilfieldwo rker

Watford City, ND

#15 Oct 14, 2008
to people moving here we just had a 8" snowfall which is about melted. but if you plan on living in your camper this winter um it gets cold i have seen -45 below and with the wind it was -90 below, i worked that day and trust me it was not fun,right now the hotels are full and are booked and rentals are expensive and very few. there has been people sleeping cars but i dont think they will now that fall is here and winter coming fast. though it is nice in the summer,our wnters are not always pleasnt.also a lot of the camp grounds are packed.

“It's a Brand New Day”

New Rochelle

#16 Oct 14, 2008
Stanley wrote:
Mr. Bill Skinny Dopey girls like me what?First of all not dopey I'm educated she is not! She is a uneducated waitress! Im not poor I provide for myself and don't need a loser oil rig man who will sleep with any one and cheats on his wife! I might always have my hand because im not a slut, don't sleep with married men, im very independent, a great friend! Maybe im not scared! Just want the world to know about the slut Breeann Dralle who sleeps with married men!!!!!!!
I'm sorry. I misunderstood you. Keep on being good and moral. There is nothing wrong with loving yourself until Mr. Right comes along.

It would be better if you did not hate this waitress, but just felt sorry for her. Not that you have to have anything to do with her. Don't mention names, we don't need to know, and you're just making het a celebrity.

You certainly don't need a cheater. You deserve real love.

&fe ature=related
Mark L

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Jun 14, 2009
Read the Quran
Stan the Man

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Aug 25, 2009
wondering wrote:
You sound like a pinko commie to me. Better get used to it here and love your Uncle Sammy.

If you lived in Iraq,
you be back, Jack.
Stan the Man

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Aug 25, 2009
Stanley wrote:
But can you bake a cherry pie quicker than cat can wink its eye?
Glasnos

Orlando, FL

#21 Aug 25, 2009
Possibly billions of barrels of oil in North Dakota? More than Alaska? No, that can't possibly be true ... the democrats told us we can't solve our energy needs by drilling ... so why bother?
Go out and fill those tires with air ... yep ... that is the true, enlightened pathway to energy independence.

Since: Jul 08

United States

#22 Aug 25, 2009
Glasnos wrote:
Possibly billions of barrels of oil in North Dakota? More than Alaska? No, that can't possibly be true ... the democrats told us we can't solve our energy needs by drilling ... so why bother?
Go out and fill those tires with air ... yep ... that is the true, enlightened pathway to energy independence.
actually it wont solve our energy needs since getting those billions of bbls will take about 100 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Stanley Black Gold Suites Aug 28 Anonymous 2
Berthold man in tractor injured by semi-truck Aug 21 nlamont 1
Lady at Cenex in Stanley, ND that drives a blac... (Jan '14) Aug '14 stanleygal 3
ND Who do you support for Tax Commissioner in Nort... (Oct '10) Mar '14 pompeium lectus 4
Islam in the US - A brief history (Feb '14) Feb '14 Faith 1
Do you approve of Tom Conklin as State Represen... (Jan '14) Jan '14 shmillie 1
Do you approve of Bob Skarphol as State Represe... (Jan '14) Jan '14 byh 1
•••
•••
•••

Stanley Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Stanley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE