Stanley voters choose alcohol

Stanley voters choose alcohol

There are 9 comments on the The Gaston Gazette story from Nov 8, 2011, titled Stanley voters choose alcohol. In it, The Gaston Gazette reports that:

Unofficial election results show 60 percent of voters voting for the sale of malt beverages and unfortified wine and 59 percent voting for the sale of mixed drinks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gaston Gazette.

Jack

Gastonia, NC

#1 Nov 9, 2011
Party and drink. No problem, just the norm now. Need more places to do this. Probably should OK prostitution also since having sex is also the norm.
cindy

United States

#2 Nov 9, 2011
I think it is stupid I guess people dont think about how many people gets killed by drunk drivers. I have lived in Stanley all of my life and I thought it was a good place to live because you didn't have to worried about all kinds of drunk people bit now just watch and see how it'd going to be
bear

United States

#3 Nov 9, 2011
Since the sale of alcohol did pass, the Town of Stanley should put an additional tax on it and use the extra money to fund Harper Park.
MrLogic

Charlotte, NC

#4 Nov 9, 2011
You two act like people cant go to a neighboring town and buy their alcohol to drink in Stanley. It wont change much in this town.
MrLogic

Charlotte, NC

#5 Nov 9, 2011
bear wrote:
Since the sale of alcohol did pass, the Town of Stanley should put an additional tax on it and use the extra money to fund Harper Park.
And they should use some of it to pay off the bill from all of that water system work.
MrLogic

Charlotte, NC

#6 Nov 9, 2011
Jack wrote:
Party and drink. No problem, just the norm now. Need more places to do this. Probably should OK prostitution also since having sex is also the norm.
lol. Prostitution? lol. I dont think so, lol. But hey, you are gonna pay for it one way or the other pal, lol.
StaggeringScotts man

Charlotte, NC

#7 Nov 9, 2011
It's about time. The sales of alcohol can only help the revenue of local businesses. As for more drinking and driving???? Not likely. The people that already do, will continue to do so, but just not leave Stanley. If anything, the people that do drink and drive won't pass out behind the wheel on their way to Mt. Holly or the gas station on Old Plank Rd. The neighboring communities should be happy with the vote.
dan

Charlotte, NC

#8 Jan 13, 2012
Stanley citizens voted for alcohol. The town is dying anyway and this might help revive it to some small extent. Best just to get over it.
I Voted No

Stanley, NC

#9 Jan 13, 2012
If you didn't vote, you can't bitch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gaston College instructor arrested in online te... (Apr '09) Tue pissed off 12
Gaston co man raped Lincolnton teen Dec 2 pissed off 1
News Program aims at rehabilitation over incarceration Nov 19 Shea Shires 1
News Gaston County planning new school in Belmont Up... Nov 19 Shea Shires 1
What are the Pro & Cons of AYF vs Pop Warner Fo... (Dec '08) Nov 19 Samie8585 172
Gordon Builders Nov 15 Ralph 1
News Dear Candidates: Here's what girls and young wo... Nov 12 Crooked Media Sti... 1

Stanley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stanley Mortgages