somebody

Alexis, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2010

The Harper family made a donation of $73,000 to kiser.(Thank you to the haper family) Last year the assistant teachers were let go and all of the tutors were let go also due to the lack of funding.
Mrs. Shaffer will use the $73,000 to build a NEW computer lab, she said to learn computer skills. How STUPIED is that. If you were to go to Kiser and ask the teachers what do you think Kiser should do with the money? I would bet EVERY teacher there would say please help with a assistant and a tutor. Mrs. Hart was the ONLY assistant the 3rd grade had last year. FOR ALL THIRD GRADE TEACHERS. alot of these kids are struggling and needs tutors not a NEW computer lab. Maybe Mrs. Shaffer should go and help these teachers. I mean what else does she do? This is just CRAZY.
Just Saying

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2010

Maybe the donation was made with the stipulation that a computer lab had to be put in with the money. There are quite a few people who do that when they donate a large amount of money.

I may be wrong, but grants like that are not used to pay teachers. Pay comes from the state, and as sad as it may be, they have the say so as to what staff a school has. We all know that the way the school system is treated SUCKS, but what can we do about it besides complain? The biggest problem right now is the economy. Trust me, my kids go to Kiser, and they are having to suffer also due to budget cuts.
Kiser Grad 1966

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2010

somebody wrote:
The Harper family made a donation of $73,000 to kiser.(Thank you to the haper family) Last year the assistant teachers were let go and all of the tutors were let go also due to the lack of funding.
Mrs. Shaffer will use the $73,000 to build a NEW computer lab, she said to learn computer skills. How STUPIED is that. If you were to go to Kiser and ask the teachers what do you think Kiser should do with the money? I would bet EVERY teacher there would say please help with a assistant and a tutor. Mrs. Hart was the ONLY assistant the 3rd grade had last year. FOR ALL THIRD GRADE TEACHERS. alot of these kids are struggling and needs tutors not a NEW computer lab. Maybe Mrs. Shaffer should go and help these teachers. I mean what else does she do? This is just CRAZY.
Hey "Somebody" In Stanley,

If you are going to ALLCAP a word, please make sure you spell it correctly. Especially a word like stupid. Where oh where did YOU go to school??? No doubt it was a school bereft of assistant teachers.
IDIOT

Clover, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

Canker sores aplenty, I'll vote for Pawlenty.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Stanley Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Stanley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••