kiser school needs help

kiser school needs help

Posted in the Stanley Forum

somebody

Charlotte, NC

#1 Feb 7, 2010
The Harper family made a donation of $73,000 to kiser.(Thank you to the haper family) Last year the assistant teachers were let go and all of the tutors were let go also due to the lack of funding.
Mrs. Shaffer will use the $73,000 to build a NEW computer lab, she said to learn computer skills. How STUPIED is that. If you were to go to Kiser and ask the teachers what do you think Kiser should do with the money? I would bet EVERY teacher there would say please help with a assistant and a tutor. Mrs. Hart was the ONLY assistant the 3rd grade had last year. FOR ALL THIRD GRADE TEACHERS. alot of these kids are struggling and needs tutors not a NEW computer lab. Maybe Mrs. Shaffer should go and help these teachers. I mean what else does she do? This is just CRAZY.
Just Saying

Gastonia, NC

#2 Feb 8, 2010
Maybe the donation was made with the stipulation that a computer lab had to be put in with the money. There are quite a few people who do that when they donate a large amount of money.

I may be wrong, but grants like that are not used to pay teachers. Pay comes from the state, and as sad as it may be, they have the say so as to what staff a school has. We all know that the way the school system is treated SUCKS, but what can we do about it besides complain? The biggest problem right now is the economy. Trust me, my kids go to Kiser, and they are having to suffer also due to budget cuts.
Kiser Grad 1966

Monroe, NC

#3 Feb 26, 2010
somebody wrote:
The Harper family made a donation of $73,000 to kiser.(Thank you to the haper family) Last year the assistant teachers were let go and all of the tutors were let go also due to the lack of funding.
Mrs. Shaffer will use the $73,000 to build a NEW computer lab, she said to learn computer skills. How STUPIED is that. If you were to go to Kiser and ask the teachers what do you think Kiser should do with the money? I would bet EVERY teacher there would say please help with a assistant and a tutor. Mrs. Hart was the ONLY assistant the 3rd grade had last year. FOR ALL THIRD GRADE TEACHERS. alot of these kids are struggling and needs tutors not a NEW computer lab. Maybe Mrs. Shaffer should go and help these teachers. I mean what else does she do? This is just CRAZY.
Hey "Somebody" In Stanley,

If you are going to ALLCAP a word, please make sure you spell it correctly. Especially a word like stupid. Where oh where did YOU go to school??? No doubt it was a school bereft of assistant teachers.
IDIOT

Kings Mountain, NC

#4 Mar 13, 2010
Canker sores aplenty, I'll vote for Pawlenty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Opiates in Denver (May '14) Sep 20 dummy123 13
News Bruno Sep 17 poster 1
News Four charged after second bust at Lincolnton home Sep 12 robin 1
News Jonas Brothers patriarch to open Belmont restau... (Sep '15) Sep 11 lela 20
Stanley joined AYFL (Mar '17) Sep 11 football fan 22
News Men arrested on felony drug charges Sep 8 robin 1
News Boaters missing off NC Coast have Gaston County... Sep 8 DaleBuckner304 1

Stanley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stanley Mortgages