Agents kill 4 Idaho wolves; more 'control actions' authorized

Full story: KTVB Boise 243
Federal Wildlife Services agents have shoot-to-kill orders for up to six more wolves in central Idaho. Full Story
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
cat sky

Bend, OR

#1 Aug 8, 2006
tranquiize em and move em----you promote propogation and then slaughter them----
get a new plan and stop the murder
Hanna

United States

#2 Aug 8, 2006
cat sky wrote:
tranquiize em and move em----you promote propogation and then slaughter them----
get a new plan and stop the murder
That's to bad! They should place them, not kill em! Sorry to hear they have that authority, it was their homes first.
nakedindian

Paul, ID

#3 Aug 23, 2006
They will cater to the crybaby ranchers who are making millions destroying public lands.

Wah, the wolf killed my calf ;(. Want to bet they just shoot every wolf they re-introduced?
Denise

AOL

#4 Aug 23, 2006
Wolves need to be managed. Good for the government to allow Idaho to do so.
All of your comments are ridiculous and very uneducated.
Do some research on the Wolf, none of you know what you are talking about.
nakedindian

Paul, ID

#5 Aug 24, 2006
Uneducated? Watch the news? They are talking about opening a 'hunting season' on wolves. When that happens the wolves will all be dead.
I know how people are here with murdering animals, something you must know nothing about Denise. I hope you never see a majestic white owl with a six foot wingspan shot dead while it was roosting in a tree.
Then maybe you'd know what you are talking about.
outdoorsman

Boise, ID

#6 Aug 25, 2006
Good going Denise. I agree completely with your comments. People are blind to the truth about wolves. You sit in your little homes, looking out the window, waiting for walmart to open so you can buy your wolf ornaments & nature artifacts made in China. Fact is, there are people who see the real affects of the impact of wolves on a daily basis. Fact is the wolves are competing with humans as hunters. Fact is, humans are the top of the food chain. Fact is, how was your steak tonight? Wolves kill. Not only do they kill for food, but they kill for fun. You say this is natural for the wolf to do this. Wolves will eat until the food source is completely gone whether they're hungry or not. Surely you can see this. One plus One is two. I know you've heard and probably love that majestic bull elk, especially in the fall when their mating season is in full swing and they give out that beautiful flute sound that rings off the canyon walls, known to everyone as a bugle. Unfortunately, the wolves also love that sound, but they love it cause they know they can have fun by slaughtering a whole herd
of elk and not even eat any of them. What are the elk doing to stop this?? They are not bugling as much as the used to and they're trying to change there mating habits. Unfortunately its not working!! However if nothing's done with these glorified evil wild dogs, and they're left unmanaged, it will be a very dimm future for our elk herds and one day you'll never hear that beautiful majestic bugle anymore. but I guess you'll hear that wolve howling at night as it comes after your poodle or little kitty cat.
A couple more facts . Theres over 50,000 wolves in Canada and they're a doG not a God.
manybees

United States

#7 Aug 26, 2006
outdoorsman wrote:
Good going Denise. I agree completely with your comments. People are blind to the truth about wolves. You sit in your little homes, looking out the window, waiting for walmart to open so you can buy your wolf ornaments & nature artifacts made in China. Fact is, there are people who see the real affects of the impact of wolves on a daily basis. Fact is the wolves are competing with humans as hunters. Fact is, humans are the top of the food chain. Fact is, how was your steak tonight? Wolves kill. Not only do they kill for food, but they kill for fun. You say this is natural for the wolf to do this. Wolves will eat until the food source is completely gone whether they're hungry or not. Surely you can see this. One plus One is two. I know you've heard and probably love that majestic bull elk, especially in the fall when their mating season is in full swing and they give out that beautiful flute sound that rings off the canyon walls, known to everyone as a bugle. Unfortunately, the wolves also love that sound, but they love it cause they know they can have fun by slaughtering a whole herd
of elk and not even eat any of them. What are the elk doing to stop this?? They are not bugling as much as the used to and they're trying to change there mating habits. Unfortunately its not working!! However if nothing's done with these glorified evil wild dogs, and they're left unmanaged, it will be a very dimm future for our elk herds and one day you'll never hear that beautiful majestic bugle anymore. but I guess you'll hear that wolve howling at night as it comes after your poodle or little kitty cat.
A couple more facts . Theres over 50,000 wolves in Canada and they're a doG not a God.
Boy, It's great to see someone else stand up to the continual rubbish. There is a definite reason that wolves are eliminated from civilized regions all over the earth. They are devestatingly destructive.
westernmom

Idaho Falls, ID

#8 Aug 28, 2006
I guess some of these people have not had their livelyhood destroyed by "these beautiful wild creatures". By the way, I wonder what they ate for dinner last night? Hamburger? Hmmmm.... let the wolves continue and they might be paying $20 for a Big Mac! Veggies, you say? Well, I hope you can plant your own gardens because the farmers and ranchers are being run out of business by environmentalists that think food comes from the shelves in the local Albertsons!
NetFan

Redmond, WA

#9 Aug 28, 2006
Being from ID, I've seen first hand what these animals do. Certainly, from a distance and without my livelihood threatened, I MIGHT see some beauty in the way these animals. However, my ID background doesn't allow me to look at that remark the way some have earlier.

Rather, I think of the ranchers who have lost cattle and the year's new calves, or sheep along with lambs, who have been mangled then killed by "these beautiful wild creatures," and realize another family won't have the income they have worked hard to secure for their family. And, it's duw to no fault of their own. Perhaps those who love wolves would either like them relocated to their backyards or neighborhood parks. Perhaps those samw people would like to "adopt" a family who has lost all of it's crop or stock in one year to wolf packs, so all of the family's expenses may be paid. After all, if wolves are so beautiful, shouldn't everyone "share" in the enjoyment of these creatures devouring their prey, when it is a family's source of income and perhaps even food? I think so.

I give the above authors credit for having the guts to put their names with their opinions. Please post on this board when you'd like to go up in the hills of ID and spend a night listening to these "beautiful wild creatures" roam around. And, don't bring any weapons - just your camera.
N8IV ID

Nampa, ID

#10 Aug 28, 2006
It is true, wolves can be very beautiful animals. I have seen them in the wild. They are also very destructive and dangerous. This I know first hand. I was stalked by two wolves one eveing two years ago when I was hiking in the central Idaho mountains. They trailed me for quite some time and then made their move on me. For a healthy, large, grown man I don't scare easily, but I was VERY scared then. I can only imagine what would have happened if it was one of my children on a family campout. For those that actually enjoy the Idaho mountains, you know what I am talking about. For those that know nothing but the 5 pm news, or the typical media, or their city papers, or what their favorite politician says, I am sorry, you will never get it. One can't describe the beauty of an Idaho sunset, you must experience it. But for those that cry for wolves, do me a favor, if you do come to Idaho, make sure you go back home.
manybees

United States

#11 Aug 29, 2006
well, come on nakedindian, where's your rebuttal?
Ric

Mission Viejo, CA

#12 Aug 29, 2006
outdoorsman wrote:
Good going Denise. I agree completely with your comments. People are blind to the truth about wolves. You sit in your little homes, looking out the window, waiting for walmart to open so you can buy your wolf ornaments & nature artifacts made in China. Fact is, there are people who see the real affects of the impact of wolves on a daily basis. Fact is the wolves are competing with humans as hunters. Fact is, humans are the top of the food chain. Fact is, how was your steak tonight? Wolves kill. Not only do they kill for food, but they kill for fun. You say this is natural for the wolf to do this. Wolves will eat until the food source is completely gone whether they're hungry or not. Surely you can see this. One plus One is two. I know you've heard and probably love that majestic bull elk, especially in the fall when their mating season is in full swing and they give out that beautiful flute sound that rings off the canyon walls, known to everyone as a bugle. Unfortunately, the wolves also love that sound, but they love it cause they know they can have fun by slaughtering a whole herd
of elk and not even eat any of them. What are the elk doing to stop this?? They are not bugling as much as the used to and they're trying to change there mating habits. Unfortunately its not working!! However if nothing's done with these glorified evil wild dogs, and they're left unmanaged, it will be a very dimm future for our elk herds and one day you'll never hear that beautiful majestic bugle anymore. but I guess you'll hear that wolve howling at night as it comes after your poodle or little kitty cat.
A couple more facts . Theres over 50,000 wolves in Canada and they're a doG not a God.
Let's see.....the elk have been around for how long? And how long have the wolves been around? Seems to me that if the wolf was going to silence the elk, he would have done it by now. The worst preditor the elk have to fear is Man.
bob

Lansing, MI

#13 Aug 29, 2006
Ric wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see.....the elk have been around for how long? And how long have the wolves been around? Seems to me that if the wolf was going to silence the elk, he would have done it by now. The worst preditor the elk have to fear is Man.
Hey Ric you are wrong the elk herds here are geting killed by wolves in high numbers.The wolves eat very little of there kill they look for more to run day or night.IT is like a chase game to the wolves.THE elk hunters have a season there is steep ground here most elk would see wolves before man!
penelope

Boise, ID

#14 Aug 31, 2006
ya, you are right, ranchers are cry babies. I bet you couldnt last one day on a ranch. I hope you dont eat beef because that would make you a hypocryte. 200 years ago wolves and grizzlies roamed what is now every subdivision in the west. Should we introduce all the original wildlife to all of those places also?
get real.
Rick

United States

#15 Aug 31, 2006
penelope wrote:
ya, you are right, ranchers are cry babies. I bet you couldnt last one day on a ranch. I hope you dont eat beef because that would make you a hypocryte. 200 years ago wolves and grizzlies roamed what is now every subdivision in the west. Should we introduce all the original wildlife to all of those places also?
get real.
What a pretty name you have. A "?" for you. Who are you directing this statement of yours too? I eat beef but not Mickey d's if ya call that beef? Yuck food more like it!
Mike

Santa Barbara, CA

#16 Aug 31, 2006
Rick wrote:
<quoted text> What a pretty name you have. A "?" for you. Who are you directing this statement of yours too? I eat beef but not Mickey d's if ya call that beef? Yuck food more like it!
The closest Mickey D's =Mickey Mouse!
Hum, wonder what wolf tastes like. Pass the A-1 Rick!
Rick

United States

#17 Aug 31, 2006
Yeah What does "Big Wolf's taste like? Or Wolf Nuggets? or better yet "Happy Wolf Meals"! LMAO!
bob

Lansing, MI

#18 Sep 1, 2006
Idaho rancher loses 34 sheep to wolves he's missing another 124.Idaho reintroduced the predator to its central mountains starting in 1995 and now has an estimated 600 wolves.Herders found half-eaten carcasses scattered across a mountainside overgrown with trees and brush.
combatdriver

United States

#19 Sep 8, 2006
Wolves in Idaho suck.
Environmentalists in Idaho (usually transplanted from California, Oregon ect.) suck even more.

Naked Indian, you suck.
combatdriver

United States

#20 Sep 8, 2006
Wolves in Idaho suck.

Environmentalists in Idaho (usually transplanted from California, Oregon, ect.) suck even more.

nakedindian, you suck too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rocky Mountain Ranch (Aug '12) Aug '12 Phil 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Stanley, ID (Jan '12) Aug '12 Katherine Nesci 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Idaho (Dis... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Debbie 2
Singer Carole King puts secluded Idaho ranch ba... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Zappa 1
Review: Idaho Rocky Mountain Ranch (Sep '08) Sep '08 Idaho Rocky 1
Salmon Man Drives Into River, Drowns (Jun '08) Jun '08 David McVicker 1
Enviros Have Serious Image Problem (Jan '07) Jan '07 Bill 6007 1
Stanley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Stanley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Stanley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Stanley

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:39 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:39PM
Wagner's Speed, Vision Key for Seahawks' Run D
NBC Sports 3:57 PM
Win and hope: Bills focus solely on facing Raiders - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 PM
Report: Wilson Changes Agents as Extension Looms
NBC Sports 4:34 PM
Seahawks thrive keeping same weekly approach - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 6:07 PM
Seattle Seahawks vs. Arizona Cardinals Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick