First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stanhope Resident

Wayne, NJ

#21 Aug 3, 2012
It does not take a smart person to realize that the office staff is the only good thing we have in Stanhope. They are the ones who run the school and without them Stanhope would be in a hell of a bigger mess then they already are. You people on this site focus on all the stupid things and try and point the finger at everyone else including the office staff who have done nothing to anyone and are the only solid thing in Stanhope instead of focusing on the issue of our board of education and the CSA of the school. Those are the 2 biggest problems Stanhope has. Instead of skirting around the questions and problems and turning the focus on other people, it boils down to the CSA and the BOE who is bringing Stanhope down and it will only get worse the longer Cleary and Thomas are involved.
Fed Up

Wayne, NJ

#22 Aug 3, 2012
Its pretty amazing how you people automatically assume the office staff is always the leak of information that gets out to the public. Did you ever think that we as residents drive by the school and see whose cars are always there especially after hours. Us as residents dont need anyone on the inside..... everything is self evident and crystal clear to the public without anyones help and for the office staff to be trashed on here is appalling since they are the only loyal and truthful people in the Valley Road School. Stanhope residents should thank the office staff for being the only people us as parents and our kids can count on and have to be the ones to deal with GT and MC every single day and watch them ruin this school. Its sad that 2 people in a year can destroy a school and its reputation.
From Stanhope

Morristown, NJ

#23 Aug 3, 2012
Our school district has been a revolving door, has been failing it's community by not providing a reputable district and is constantly led down the wrong road. This has gone on for many years under different administrators. The ONLY constant in this entire equation is Gina. She may not have been the Board President when we had other problems in the school, but she is still the constant piece in this failing district. I cannot complain about the cirriculum since Ms. Inskeep had it in great shape, and was working to provide a great education to our children (albiet she is now gone. The problem is our school can't be run properly. You can have a great group of people who work very hard to provide the correct environment for children(teachers and staff), the only problem is when your leaders (Gina/Cleary) don't support your staff or have personal agendas or lack the education or experience to do their job properly. I truly feel that our entire Board does not know how many conversations btween Gina and Cleary are had behind closed doors, or at Linden School or even after the school is empty. There is no reason for this. A Board President's position is not to run the school and she needs to realize this. At what point is she at the school as a parent and at what point is she there as a Board President? I don't think there is a line drawn for this and there needs to be one. Also, if Cleary needs that much guidance to run the school, she doesn't belong there. She wasn't our first choice and we should never have settled for second best! That is an indication of how we view our district - second best and never thriving for better. I can only hope that we as residents and/or parents of children in the school speak up! I know many have done this already and many have given up because it is a lose lose situation, but you never know, one day a light might go on somewhere and there may be light at the end of the tunnel!!!
Excuse

Brooklyn, NY

#24 Aug 14, 2012
Ok so tell me why, again, a meeting at the school at 6:50 and the only cars in the lot are Gina, Cleary and the board secretary. Enough of the bs. What's going on in that school? Who's running it?
I agree

Stanhope, NJ

#25 Aug 14, 2012
Excuse wrote:
Ok so tell me why, again, a meeting at the school at 6:50 and the only cars in the lot are Gina, Cleary and the board secretary. Enough of the bs. What's going on in that school? Who's running it?
I agree - last time this was questioned we were told there was a committee meeting and we shouldn't spread rumors- well where are you now to answer this question? What was this meeting for? I checked the school website, there was nothing on it -and believe me there were NO other board members there- the only other car was the janitor's truk. Does the Board of Education know exactly what is going on? Or is this another Gina/Cleary meeting behind the scenes?
Town Resident

Dumont, NJ

#26 Aug 14, 2012
I am sure Knucky Thompson will get to the bottom of it.
Stanhope Walker

San Jose, CA

#27 Aug 14, 2012
I agree wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree - last time this was questioned we were told there was a committee meeting and we shouldn't spread rumors- well where are you now to answer this question? What was this meeting for? I checked the school website, there was nothing on it -and believe me there were NO other board members there- the only other car was the janitor's truk. Does the Board of Education know exactly what is going on? Or is this another Gina/Cleary meeting behind the scenes?
I will say I was out walking after 7 tonight and I saw her and Gil leaving the school and they stopped and talked in the lot by the cars. Why dont we ask at the next meeting when is the next BOE meeting.
No Surprise

Randolph, NJ

#28 Aug 29, 2012
The reason that there were only three cars in the lot is so that Gina can tell Cleary what to do. Do they honestly think that Stanhope residents are stupid. Hey Gina what happened to being transparent. Why are we paying Cleary to make decisions, apparently you will do it for free...Get rid of Cleary, and look at all the money we will have towards the childrens' education, After all that is the function of the Board of Education to look out for the children.
A Longtime Resident

Highland Park, NJ

#29 Sep 6, 2012
Can someone tell me what the hell is going on in the stanhope school district? School just starts and yesterday I called and called and no answer, then i finally just went to the school I go into the office and there are 2 new people there looking like deer in the headlights who had no idea of how to help anyone. Then I find out that not only has the principal left over the summer but I find out that the secretary who has been there for many many years also resigned. I think this is becoming a pattern. From what I see our school is a MESS. I am a very concerned parent that has had children in this district for many years and never in all the years have I seen the school in disaray like it has been for the last year and it seems to be only getting worse. Maybe someone on the Board should step back and take a look at what is obviously becoming a pattern and realize why good employees are leaving the district. Mrs. Inskeep was a godsend and an office staff member of many years leaving all in a 2 month period is a very very odd coincidence. I think the residents should make the school start taking responsibility for the unstableness they are creating for our children. It is unacceptable.
I completely agree

Landing, NJ

#30 Sep 6, 2012
@ Longtime Resident..... I completely agree with your concerns. But I have to disagree with your comment that the mess is only a recent situation. I too have children in the school and it has been a mess for years! There is a constant revolving door of administration, which needs to STOP!

I am a full-time working parent and try to attend most BOE meetings. The sad part is there is little attendance from the public. It is the same 4-5 parents at the meetings. Maybe if more parents attended and speak up we can change things. Where are the other 1,000 parents?? We all need to join together to make a change. I think the new BOE members are trying to change things, but they need our support.

I am not trying to argue with you, I am asking for you and the other 1,000 parents to start getting involved and demanding answers to these issues and work together for OUR children. Look forward to see you at the next BOE meeting.
A Longtime Resident

Highland Park, NJ

#31 Sep 7, 2012
I completely agree wrote:
@ Longtime Resident..... I completely agree with your concerns. But I have to disagree with your comment that the mess is only a recent situation. I too have children in the school and it has been a mess for years! There is a constant revolving door of administration, which needs to STOP!
I am a full-time working parent and try to attend most BOE meetings. The sad part is there is little attendance from the public. It is the same 4-5 parents at the meetings. Maybe if more parents attended and speak up we can change things. Where are the other 1,000 parents?? We all need to join together to make a change. I think the new BOE members are trying to change things, but they need our support.
I am not trying to argue with you, I am asking for you and the other 1,000 parents to start getting involved and demanding answers to these issues and work together for OUR children. Look forward to see you at the next BOE meeting.
If you think for one second that the BOE, especially the president isnt behind and the cause of most of this mess over the last few years, then they have pulled the wool over your eyes too.
Well Said

Randolph, NJ

#32 Sep 11, 2012
Yes we all need to attend Board meetings however, make sure you have all your facts and don't back down untill your question is answered. Look at who is running our school. What do you expect, do you think that our school would be any different than any of the other ventures?
By the way has anyone met the new pricipal who will only be there for a few months at a nice daily salary. What changes can he make? Just remember the steady decline and the one constant person that has been on the Board for all of it. You don't need a PHD to figure it out.
A Longtime Resident

Highland Park, NJ

#33 Sep 15, 2012
Well Said wrote:
Yes we all need to attend Board meetings however, make sure you have all your facts and don't back down untill your question is answered. Look at who is running our school. What do you expect, do you think that our school would be any different than any of the other ventures?
By the way has anyone met the new pricipal who will only be there for a few months at a nice daily salary. What changes can he make? Just remember the steady decline and the one constant person that has been on the Board for all of it. You don't need a PHD to figure it out.
The new principal is only there for the month of September and they have not even made any effort to interview for the the position that they have advertised since June. They also have done nothing to fix the main office situation they created by treating the office staff like 2nd class citizens and they wonder why everyone is leaving Stanhope. Please there are 2 reasons..... CSA and BOE President. You asked any employee that has left and you will get the same answer. The 2 people running the school does not care about the school or the well being of the kids if they did the school would not be in the turmoil its in. They should be ashamed of themselves. I have no idea how the 2 of them sleep at night.
Another pissed off parent

Elizabeth, NJ

#34 Oct 4, 2012
This is just insane. Regina Thomas and Maria cleary have a lot to answer to. I fully intend on attending Octobers board meeting and hope all 300-something parents are there as well. The only way to stop the madness is to demand it stopped... In numbers.
Dr T W McGulicuty

Denville, NJ

#35 Oct 4, 2012
Do you people even know what you are complaining about? I'm not even from Stanhope but after reading all of these complaints, it appears some people on here don't even have reasons to complain. Maybe just too much Facebook, Twitter and FatChickVan encounters. Too funny! I'm gonna pee my pants thinking about all of the cronic complainers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanhope Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Owner of Albanese Sports Gallery in Belvidere a... (Jan '09) Mar 30 BSD 5
Someone famous from long ago lives in Budd Lake Mar 30 For real 1
Lenape Valley High School Mar 30 hahaha 27
Toys R Us in Flanders, NJ is Hiring Mar 26 Lizzetteperez 1
Netcong bugets-cuts on Nove ballot, MABEY!!!!!! Mar 26 Netcong mom 1
Principal Mar 24 great points made 25
Netcong Fundraising Mar 18 Karin Bond 3
More from around the web

Stanhope People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE