Stanhope School gets the leftovers - ...

Stanhope School gets the leftovers - AGAIN

Posted in the Stanhope Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1 Jul 30, 2012
What is wrong with this picture? We hire a Superintendent for a public school who never ran a public school. OK. So Gina can get a chance to run a school. OK. No college education, but you gotta figure she knows more than a catholic school marm. Wrong. Neither knows. Wow. Incredible.
In a group situation, Stanhope Superintendent boasted that she was the Superintendent, Principal, and Finance manager at her Catholic school.
Today, one year after they "pushed her out the door" ...."but was too late to rectify the damage done by Mrs. Cleary". This was a direct quote from a teacher employed at her school, Assumption Academy of Emerson". After 50 years, they could not survive Cleary. Emerson schools are getting additional kids and hiring additional teachers. Both students and parents now joining the public school system have a lot to say about their ONLY administrator. And it is NOT positive!
I just have to ask why this wasn't addressed before her hire? Wasn't anyone contacted in Emerson about this dingbat? Why don't we get a group togeter to conduct our own investigation. Emerson taxpayers are very willing to talk freely. Like one parent said, She can blame only herself. There is no one to blame unless you want to blame our Pastor. Wow.
Cleary points fingers here. So the blame must be placed on the Pastor. who's over him? Wow.

Now we lost Miss Inskeep. I guess she ran for the hills too. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? dIDNT WE GIVE CLEARY A MULTIYEAR CONTRACT? 5-7 YEARS SOUNDS FAMILIAR?
I guess I shouldn't ask the board of education since they always refer me to Gina. So I will ask Gina - what are you going to do now? We are falling apart at the seams. We need more than a playground. I think we deserve answers.
what

Landing, NJ

#2 Jul 31, 2012
Your post is very confusing what does a "pastor" have to do with anything??
Agree

New York, NY

#3 Jul 31, 2012
Agree answers are needed, but we'll never get them on this forum. Sounds like a good topic to bring up at a board of ed meeting - who's going? The problem is hardly anyone will...

Location hidden

#4 Jul 31, 2012
what wrote:
Your post is very confusing what does a "pastor" have to do with anything??
Sorry for the confusion. As it was explained to me by a member of the assumption academy, cleary was the sole administrator and was responsible for the entire running of the school. She was not popular and parents went elsewhere for a private school education. Others just assimilated into public school. Due to the dissatisfaction, tuition dropped so low. The new principal hired after booting out cleary, could not undo the years of damage so for financial reasons they shut their doors. 50 years. The only other person, higher than the principal is the Pastor. When she does her all too familiar finger pointing, will she really throw the Pastor under the proverbial bus??

Administrators are leaving under her direction. I know Gina has been aware of this. SHE should make it public. Transparency is nonexistent in Stanhope. There is simply no goodness at work. Why did we hire her? What was the bs that sold Gina? Why can't either one survive on their own? Why the Bobbsy twin routine? Why is everyone leaving the district? We deserve answers.

I got an idea. Fire cleary at Stanhope and hire her at a new wee academy. Maybe she can be your financial backer. Just don't take back the playground. It has already been accepted as a donation. Gina, Mar and Maria: perfect together
Come On

Randolph, NJ

#5 Jul 31, 2012
Icareaboutourkids wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for the confusion. As it was explained to me by a member of the assumption academy, cleary was the sole administrator and was responsible for the entire running of the school. She was not popular and parents went elsewhere for a private school education. Others just assimilated into public school. Due to the dissatisfaction, tuition dropped so low. The new principal hired after booting out cleary, could not undo the years of damage so for financial reasons they shut their doors. 50 years. The only other person, higher than the principal is the Pastor. When she does her all too familiar finger pointing, will she really throw the Pastor under the proverbial bus??
Administrators are leaving under her direction. I know Gina has been aware of this. SHE should make it public. Transparency is nonexistent in Stanhope. There is simply no goodness at work. Why did we hire her? What was the bs that sold Gina? Why can't either one survive on their own? Why the Bobbsy twin routine? Why is everyone leaving the district? We deserve answers.
I got an idea. Fire cleary at Stanhope and hire her at a new wee academy. Maybe she can be your financial backer. Just don't take back the playground. It has already been accepted as a donation. Gina, Mar and Maria: perfect together
Do you really expect us to believe Assumption Academy closed because of Maria Cleary that is just stupid! Also do not forget Maria was the second choice after a long search process. Not really understanding some of your comments and I have to say you do not sound very appreciative of the generous donation. You make a reference to needing more than a playground and then say do not take it back what is up with that. If stanhope really has probems and we need to band together to try and fix them that is certainly not the way to do it. Sound intellegent and repectful if you want people to join in. I will also say the board is made up of 7 people whom I know a few of them pretty well and they are independent thinkers so I think you give Gina to much credit in the sense of just running the whole show. It is clear to me that you do not really attend board meetings or you would see that. This is so typical everyone starts bashing on this forum and does not really do anything about it. This should be discussed inperson not on this site.

Location hidden

#6 Jul 31, 2012
Come On wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really expect us to believe Assumption Academy closed because of Maria Cleary that is just stupid! Also do not forget Maria was the second choice after a long search process. Not really understanding some of your comments and I have to say you do not sound very appreciative of the generous donation. You make a reference to needing more than a playground and then say do not take it back what is up with that. If stanhope really has probems and we need to band together to try and fix them that is certainly not the way to do it. Sound intellegent and repectful if you want people to join in. I will also say the board is made up of 7 people whom I know a few of them pretty well and they are independent thinkers so I think you give Gina to much credit in the sense of just running the whole show. It is clear to me that you do not really attend board meetings or you would see that. This is so typical everyone starts bashing on this forum and does not really do anything about it. This should be discussed inperson not on this site.
The only way that a discussion takes place is when it starts on this crazy forum. A leader is a leader. A true leader takes the hits as well as the kudos. Asked to resign, Assumption still could not recoverfrom clary. now I guess the Assumption leader has to point her finger at the Priest. OK. or maybe OBama. Christie could be thrown in the mix. Maybe it was the fault of her staff. They didn't shield her from any of this. OK. Feel Better?

I may not be a good writer, but facts are facts and I think I got my point across even to someone as intillectually astute such as yourself. WOW.
I do go to board meetings. I see a great future for a few members. They ARE intelligent. A few even knows public schools. A few even care about our kids. I was there when our new super pulled the class trips. I was there on many occasion. I've seen a spiriling downturn. Dennis Fyfe had control. He led. Wow. That happened to be his job. This one? Have you seen this board in action?
I stopped going. I hold faith in some, not all, of the new members. I think there are some powerful, educated and SENSIBLE people on this board. Actually one of the ones holding a cert, should be our leader. Its time for an educational institution to boast about our educated staff. Start with the leadership. The board needs cleansed. There are a few on our school board that can do that.
This school has been screwed up for years. Those who try to implement change, quit after realizing its a show. just a show.
I'm asking that they not quit and turn the Gina reality show off and bring back a board of ed.
Come On

Randolph, NJ

#7 Jul 31, 2012
Icareaboutourkids wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way that a discussion takes place is when it starts on this crazy forum. A leader is a leader. A true leader takes the hits as well as the kudos. Asked to resign, Assumption still could not recoverfrom clary. now I guess the Assumption leader has to point her finger at the Priest. OK. or maybe OBama. Christie could be thrown in the mix. Maybe it was the fault of her staff. They didn't shield her from any of this. OK. Feel Better?
I may not be a good writer, but facts are facts and I think I got my point across even to someone as intillectually astute such as yourself. WOW.
I do go to board meetings. I see a great future for a few members. They ARE intelligent. A few even knows public schools. A few even care about our kids. I was there when our new super pulled the class trips. I was there on many occasion. I've seen a spiriling downturn. Dennis Fyfe had control. He led. Wow. That happened to be his job. This one? Have you seen this board in action?
I stopped going. I hold faith in some, not all, of the new members. I think there are some powerful, educated and SENSIBLE people on this board. Actually one of the ones holding a cert, should be our leader. Its time for an educational institution to boast about our educated staff. Start with the leadership. The board needs cleansed. There are a few on our school board that can do that.
This school has been screwed up for years. Those who try to implement change, quit after realizing its a show. just a show.
I'm asking that they not quit and turn the Gina reality show off and bring back a board of ed.

So let me get this straight, The only way to get things done is to come on this site and bash the people taking the time out of their lives to do volunteer work. As you say " A leader is a leader" you also state that Cleary reported to the Pastor,( That makes him the LEADER )
"I do go to board meetings." "I stopped going." Which is it do you go or not!
" The board needs cleansed." Yeah, A great way to do that is to sit behind your computer anonymously. "This school has been screwed up for years. Those who try to implement change, quit after realizing its a show. just a show."
Who exactly has quit because they could not make change, and why didn't you step up when the opportunity arose. I'm sure you could really shake things up. "I'm asking that they not quit and turn the Gina reality show off and bring back a board of ed." Which is it? did they quit or not... "Gina reality show" As I stated before this is a BOARD with MEMBERS, I do attend meetings and always hear ALL members discussing the matters of the school.
I think that covers everything you seem to think is so important. I am not saying our school is perfect by any means, but to sit on your computer and spew your trash not only makes you look like the azz, it really sounds like you have some sort of agenda of your own. So get off your azz or STFU !
Come On

Randolph, NJ

#8 Jul 31, 2012
Icareaboutourkids wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I missed a big one... " A few even care about our kids."
Thats just the dumbest thing I ever heard.. Anyone who would subject themselves to your kind of BS has to care about the kids... WOW!

Location hidden

#9 Aug 1, 2012
Come On wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats just the dumbest thing I ever heard.. Anyone who would subject themselves to your kind of BS has to care about the kids... WOW!
Wow. guess i hit a nerve. So sorry. So it is the Pastors fault that the school was poorly run. Somehow I knew that Cleary had nothing to do with the failure of the school she ran. OK. Darn that pastor.

Location hidden

#10 Aug 1, 2012
Come On wrote:
<quoted text>
I care about our kids and I write from my heart and soul. I'm sorry for you that you needed to disect word for word my plea to get our school into one that operates on common sense and decency. Both are missing. All that time spent would have been better spent with your family or friends. Not topix!!

I am not here to debate you. I have seen this bs for years now. Didnt we lose hundreds of thousands of dollars by being fined for breaking the rules? Leadership on the board remains the same.
I speak with board members on a regular basis. Many I think highly of. They are not on top of many issues involving leadership and that is one of the problems. It's going to take a village to help cleary succeed as the leader of our school, not an unsuccessful woman micro managing things that she knows little about. There are some educated people on the board. New or not, they need to step up and roll up their sleeves. We don't need a band-aid, we are hemmoraging and need people who understand the sense and nonsense of public schools.
Don't spend time debating with me and swearing up a storm. I am not quitting my quest for a decent school in our little town.

Don't get your ego in an uproar. Its not about you. Its about our school and our kids.
Come On

Randolph, NJ

#11 Aug 1, 2012
Icareaboutourkids wrote:
<quoted text>
I care about our kids and I write from my heart and soul. I'm sorry for you that you needed to disect word for word my plea to get our school into one that operates on common sense and decency. Both are missing. All that time spent would have been better spent with your family or friends. Not topix!!
I am not here to debate you. I have seen this bs for years now. Didnt we lose hundreds of thousands of dollars by being fined for breaking the rules? Leadership on the board remains the same.
I speak with board members on a regular basis. Many I think highly of. They are not on top of many issues involving leadership and that is one of the problems. It's going to take a village to help cleary succeed as the leader of our school, not an unsuccessful woman micro managing things that she knows little about. There are some educated people on the board. New or not, they need to step up and roll up their sleeves. We don't need a band-aid, we are hemmoraging and need people who understand the sense and nonsense of public schools.
Don't spend time debating with me and swearing up a storm. I am not quitting my quest for a decent school in our little town.
Don't get your ego in an uproar. Its not about you. Its about our school and our kids.
Actually you did not hit a nerve at all I just get very frustrated when people come on to this site to cause trouble rather than make it better. I care about the children of this town including my own and I also pay a big tax bill every year. I do think you have the story wrong, it seems to me that you have a personal issue with Gina that is clouding your view. You mention the fine of years ago I think you forget that Parisi was the leader of the board at that time and you also forget how Gina worked very hard to get that fine reduced by over a million dollars. Parisi and Nick Brown did all of that with the help of that horrible BA. I also think you forget a few years back when Cristie cut everything and the budget went down. Not only did Gina work countless hours to put together a great presentation the board was right there too they all spoke at the meeting between the council and the board. I know you are going to call me a Gina cheerlearder or something stupid like that so say your breathe because that also is not the case. I can not say I agree with everything she does or the board some things actually piss me off to no end but I will also say I think they are doing great things. I go to almost all the board meetings and I know many people on the board as well as many of the staff the problem here is not Gina it is Cleary! she is a nice lady and all but her leadership is poor. This school needs a strong leader that can work with the staff and give our children and the tax payers something to be proud of.

BTW you may want to listen to your own advise about using your time more wisely!
what come on

Randolph, NJ

#12 Aug 2, 2012
Gina we all know you are come on from Yonkers. Look at the turnover of board members with you in charge. Everyone thinks they can fix thing and then they have to deal with you. They get sick and leave. I do not blame any of them. Look what you did to the lady in the office. You asked her something and she did not do it and you kicked her out. Very few people want to join the board because of you G. By the way I get a text from the office everytime you go in and I think it is way more than you should. Take care of all the kids in the school G not just yours
peperoni mike

Hopatcong, NJ

#13 Aug 2, 2012
gina just go away. when they threw garbage in your car. you didn't get the message. i heard she join the wrestling board and starting trouble there.
every year gina is going to quit. she is still there.
Come On

Randolph, NJ

#14 Aug 2, 2012
what come on wrote:
Gina we all know you are come on from Yonkers. Look at the turnover of board members with you in charge. Everyone thinks they can fix thing and then they have to deal with you. They get sick and leave. I do not blame any of them. Look what you did to the lady in the office. You asked her something and she did not do it and you kicked her out. Very few people want to join the board because of you G. By the way I get a text from the office everytime you go in and I think it is way more than you should. Take care of all the kids in the school G not just yours
I told you in my post this is not Gina do not care if you believe me or not...not sure what Yonkers has to do with anything. Do not know who you are referring to in the office but the bunch of them should go and they all still remain and have been there for a while so again you are making things up. If you recieve a text from the people in the office about Gina what does that tell you maybe they need to focus on what they are supposed to be doing maybe they can get it right.
Joke

United States

#15 Aug 2, 2012
Come On wrote:
<quoted text>
I told you in my post this is not Gina do not care if you believe me or not...not sure what Yonkers has to do with anything. Do not know who you are referring to in the office but the bunch of them should go and they all still remain and have been there for a while so again you are making things up. If you recieve a text from the people in the office about Gina what does that tell you maybe they need to focus on what they are supposed to be doing maybe they can get it right.
That entire comment made about someone in the office texting was just something to pull the attention away from Gina! You really think this town needs office staff to let them know when Gina is there? I mean no office staff was there on Tuesday night at 8:00pm when Gina Cleary an the board secretary were there!!! It's just another reason for Gina to find reasons to get rid of people she doesn't like!!! That text comment is a JOKE
Funny Joke

United States

#16 Aug 2, 2012
Joke wrote:
<quoted text>
That entire comment made about someone in the office texting was just something to pull the attention away from Gina! You really think this town needs office staff to let them know when Gina is there? I mean no office staff was there on Tuesday night at 8:00pm when Gina Cleary an the board secretary were there!!! It's just another reason for Gina to find reasons to get rid of people she doesn't like!!! That text comment is a JOKE
You are a funny joke! Now you are back tracking so you dont piss off your mole in the office, so she doesnt get in trouble we all know who you are now and who your mole is too. WOW what a bunch of stalkers watching Gina's every move that is just really creepy. You should take half of that energy and put it into something productive!
@pepperoni mike what kind of piece of garbage are you to throw gabage on someone else car and to be proud of that what kind of people are you!!!
Joke

United States

#17 Aug 3, 2012
Funny Joke wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a funny joke! Now you are back tracking so you dont piss off your mole in the office, so she doesnt get in trouble we all know who you are now and who your mole is too. WOW what a bunch of stalkers watching Gina's every move that is just really creepy. You should take half of that energy and put it into something productive!
@pepperoni mike what kind of piece of garbage are you to throw gabage on someone else car and to be proud of that what kind of people are you!!!
Backtracking? I didn't even post the commeny Gina people aren't as sick and demented as you to play the games you play. No stalking at all just an observation. But can you come up with a reason why they were there??? Gina has no business being at the school without the rest of the board. Again the point of why is Gina always at the school and who is running the school. Gina through Cleary. This school needs an overhaul!!!!!!
Funny Joke

Randolph, NJ

#18 Aug 3, 2012
Joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Backtracking? I didn't even post the commeny Gina people aren't as sick and demented as you to play the games you play. No stalking at all just an observation. But can you come up with a reason why they were there??? Gina has no business being at the school without the rest of the board. Again the point of why is Gina always at the school and who is running the school. Gina through Cleary. This school needs an overhaul!!!!!!
It sure sounds like stalking to me and BTW maybe you should pay attention to what is going on rather than start rumor and talk crap because Tuesday evening was a committee meeting and other members of the board were there so I guess your observations are not correct. I happened to stop in the office and heard them talking about the meeting so stop with your BS. Maybe you didnt make the comment but you sure made sure you covered it up by going backwards and trying to make people not pay attention to it. We will see if you continue to get your mole to respond after this stupid stunt.
Joke

Dover, NJ

#19 Aug 3, 2012
Funny Joke wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure sounds like stalking to me and BTW maybe you should pay attention to what is going on rather than start rumor and talk crap because Tuesday evening was a committee meeting and other members of the board were there so I guess your observations are not correct. I happened to stop in the office and heard them talking about the meeting so stop with your BS. Maybe you didnt make the comment but you sure made sure you covered it up by going backwards and trying to make people not pay attention to it. We will see if you continue to get your mole to respond after this stupid stunt.
Ok thank you for clarifying there was a meeting, but at 8:00 or 8:15 tere were iy 3 cars! Also since you seem to have your own "insight" please explain why Dr. Cleary is at a Board Committee meeting? Isn't that a conflict?
Chris

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Aug 3, 2012
Valley Road school has become a JOKE! A revolving door of administrators that hasn't stopped since my child was in kindergarten in 2006. I asked about this at a "board meeting" (or is that a Gina meeting) and was told the revolving door would stop. In other words, I was yessed to death like everyone else, patted on the head and sent on my way. UGH!! Can't wait to get out of this school. Someone needs to clean the bs out of the board!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanhope Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Netcong BOE emergency meeting in July 23 hr Hmmmmm 4
Walmart Area Jun '17 Krampus 1
what's with the guy who always sitting in his c... Jun '17 Kid next door 51
No zoning for Ralph (Sep '14) Jun '17 Roberto 13
News Supermarket chain celebrates 90 years May '17 Congratulations 1
Stanhope contest? Feb '17 WTF 1
School bus stop at Acorn Street and Rt. 206 (Jan '17) Jan '17 Isacat 1

Stanhope Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance