Stanhope's Thornton
Disappointed

United States

#1 Jul 19, 2011
I was urged very strongly to vote for Bill and Roe and the other guy. When I met them on Sunday I was very disappointed to say the least. Bill knows nothing and Roe is boss happy. I guess I made a mistake.
Nohope for Roehope

Northport, NY

#2 Jul 19, 2011
Strongly urged? Is that what you call it? I was told to stay in line because the other guy was a rogue councilman bankrupting the town. Threatened is a better word for what was pulled on me. Screw the whole lot of them. Maio is a bully and according to his neighbor, Benson doesn't even live in town anymore. As for that Thornton guy, you are right he can't find his way home without Roes permission. I will vote Mike Depew only. He has integrity. Maybe Roe can look that word up.
sunshine

Melville, NY

#3 Jul 20, 2011
I totally agree! Maio is a bully! Benson does still live in town but he's a crybaby. Thorton he doesn't know what he is doing. He will just agree what Roe will say. I will vote for Mike Depew too! He does have integrity. He has a lot of knowledge about the town and has lived in Stanhope all his life.
Vote for Mike

Huntington Station, NY

#4 Jul 20, 2011
Mike Depew is a great guy. Stanhope needs someone Like Mike!!!
wake up

Northport, NY

#5 Jul 21, 2011
Why do you say Roe is a bully? because she stands up to Donny Duck and his brainless ducklings? because she sees all the waste and spending that the fire dept does? because she is tired of the drunken brawls at the fire department? The ducklings are in for a surprise. Diana is afraid of these goons Roe isn't.
LOVE THE SFD

Huntington Station, NY

#6 Jul 21, 2011
wake up wrote:
Why do you say Roe is a bully? because she stands up to Donny Duck and his brainless ducklings? because she sees all the waste and spending that the fire dept does? because she is tired of the drunken brawls at the fire department? The ducklings are in for a surprise. Diana is afraid of these goons Roe isn't.
Maybe you should wake up and smell the damn coffee. They are a great bunch of guys who volunteer their time. You, Roe and all your cronies should be grateful to these VOLUNTEERS instead you bash them on here because they dare to question the town and defend their stance on the siren issue. I would think the Mayor of Stanhope would act in a much more mature and dignified manner.

Oh and "Drunkin Brawls". Where the hell have you been. There hasn't been a brawl there in years. Try to find some other ammunition. Because the drinking crap you spew in a DUD!!!!
Rocky

Huntington Station, NY

#7 Jul 21, 2011
If Roe and Don act quickly they can be the warm up fight at the Boss Hog Piggie Feast over in Netcong on Sat nite. They can duke it out before LaLa and JSJR
go at it.
sunshine

Melville, NY

#8 Jul 21, 2011
wake up wrote:
Why do you say Roe is a bully? because she stands up to Donny Duck and his brainless ducklings? because she sees all the waste and spending that the fire dept does? because she is tired of the drunken brawls at the fire department? The ducklings are in for a surprise. Diana is afraid of these goons Roe isn't.
She is a bully! For your information there hasn't been any drunken brawls in years!They only buy what they need.Diana is not afraid of anyone! I have a lot of respect for Diana!
SFDAD

Parlin, NJ

#9 Jul 21, 2011
Jeff and Marie..GIVE UP....Not a thing you can do to ruin the fact that the Department is running the best that it has in years.
wake up

Wayne, PA

#10 Jul 28, 2011
SFDAD wrote:
Jeff and Marie..GIVE UP....Not a thing you can do to ruin the fact that the Department is running the best that it has in years.
Ruin what? You abuse the one's that care the most and turn away local quality recruits and bring in out of town kids instaed. Duckman going to be rowed out.
McDougal

Danbury, CT

#11 Aug 17, 2011
Mike DePew, while a nice guy is a worthless non-contributor. We need people who will represent the entire community not just the FD. Thornton is a "stand up" guy who has chosen to make Stanhope the community he wants to raise his family in. He has chosen to become involved and has the intelligence to make his own decisions and draw his own conclusions. Thornton won't be influenced by his "old buddies" and make decisions based on friendships but rather what is good for the town.
McVance

Flagtown, NJ

#12 Aug 17, 2011
Bill will do what Roe and the lakesnob club tell him to do.
sunshine

Matawan, NJ

#13 Sep 2, 2011
Mike Depew is not just for the fire department. He is there for all of Stanhope. He just wants to make Stanhope a nice place to live. Mike Depew makes his own decisions. He is not influenced by anyone else. I have known Mike Depew for years and he is never influenced by other people. Everyone has their own opinions. The town of Stanhope wastes alot of money. Netcong knows how to budget their money better!!!!
Vote for Mike

Parlin, NJ

#14 Sep 2, 2011
sunshine wrote:
Mike Depew is not just for the fire department. He is there for all of Stanhope. He just wants to make Stanhope a nice place to live. Mike Depew makes his own decisions. He is not influenced by anyone else. I have known Mike Depew for years and he is never influenced by other people. Everyone has their own opinions. The town of Stanhope wastes alot of money. Netcong knows how to budget their money better!!!!
I agree!!! Mike is one of the Good Guys!!! Someone you can TRUST!!!!! Stanhope needs someone LIKE MIKE!!!
love Stanhope

Matawan, NJ

#15 Sep 2, 2011
Stanhope got it wrong by not choosing George Graham over Roe. It's shame more people didn't go out and vote. He would be a breath of fresh air for the tired administration. And he knows the value of our volunteers who give so much selflessly.
sunshine

Matawan, NJ

#16 Sep 2, 2011
love Stanhope wrote:
Stanhope got it wrong by not choosing George Graham over Roe. It's shame more people didn't go out and vote. He would be a breath of fresh air for the tired administration. And he knows the value of our volunteers who give so much selflessly.
I agree! George Graham is a great guy and wants nothing but to do good for Stanhope!
wake up

Flushing, NY

#17 Sep 5, 2011
Graham is a nice guy and always helps out, but he is one of Drakes fakes. Duck season has already begun and we shot down a graham quacker first! Roe will make things right.
love Stanhope

Matawan, NJ

#18 Sep 5, 2011
wake up, You really need to Wake Up. I think you just like to see yourself ramble.
COME ON

Parlin, NJ

#19 Sep 8, 2011
WE NEED NEW YOUNG BLOOD IN THE MAYOR'S SEAT THESE OLD PEOPLE WILL NOT DO ONE THING TO IMPROVE THIS TOWN. WATCH AND SEE. GET SOMEONE IN UNDER THE AGE OF 50 WHO WANTS THE POSITION. GET ME A LENAPE GRAD!!! WE WOULD GET MORE DONE WITH SOME FRESH NEW IDEAS NOT THE SAME OF STUFF.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stanhope Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Netcong School trying to drown taxpayers in 201... (May '16) 1 hr Look It up turncoat 54
News Clients detail problems with Randolph home desi... (Nov '06) Thu Main 6
News Poll of N.J. voters shows low turnout likely fo... (Jun '10) Nov 14 Crack Corn 61
News Thursday added 2nd NJ show; United Nations play... Sep '16 UNESCO 1
Fanuccis (Jun '16) Aug '16 Freddy 10
Valley Road School - Abuse of Position (Feb '16) Feb '16 Have Respect 1
Stanhope House New Years Eve Event (Dec '15) Dec '15 Meg 1

Stanhope Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stanhope Mortgages